Old 01-23-2007, 05:25 AM   #1  

Default It ain't just a river in Egypt

You might remember that last year I was moaning about slow weight loss and wondering if my thyroid might be to blame. Well the results are in - and it turns out.....I'm totally fine! My thyroid is fine, I'm not getting diabetes.

Which is all good.

But this means there is another problem. Yes, it's not just a river in Egypt - I have been living in De Nile!

I got the test results last week and straight away got my new scales out and starting weighing EVERYTHING. After 5 days of this I can confidently say that where I guestimated 1500 calories it was actually 2000-2200!!! How bizarre is that! How can that be you say...well lemme explain....

That grated cheese I estimated as 79 calories was 250! That potato at 150 was 250! and on...and on....and on...

So there is good and not much bad here. Bad was that I was wrong in my estimates. Oh well lets move on. Good is that actually my metabolism is just fine and I have a lot more calories to play with. Hurrah!

So I'm dropping to 1800 and planning to stay there to see what happens.

I'm posting this just to say that if you are estimating calories and you've stuck get those scales out and check. You'll be amazed at the difference!
coley144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 364/364/140

Height: 5 feet

When I started to put everything that I ate in a day on fitday wow lets just say I was totally shocked!!!
DramaQueenLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:45 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I'm glad you're no longer over there in Egypt somewhere, or la la land as some people call it. I'm really glad your tests came back all fine. Just because you were visiting Egypt and that big ole river, doesn't mean you have to STAY there. When I first started my weightloss journey I measured everything just to get an idea what a 3 oz piece of fish or a 4 oz chicken cutlet or 1 cup of cereal look like. I too was shocked. I don't measure very often anymore, just every now and then to remind myself of proper portions, don't wan't to end up back in Egypt ever again. Good luck tweaking those calories, you will definitely get the hang of it.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:24 AM   #4  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Coley,

Its great that your tests came back negative! Its also great that you've discovered where you made past mistakes in your calorie intake. Your inches and lbs will start dropping now!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

That is great that your tests all came back fine.....now to move forward!! (as Cesar Milan says....live in the NOW!) You know what you need to do ~ just do it!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:05 AM   #6  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Coley, I'm glad to hear your results are healthy!

The great thing is, now that you know all of this, you can make choices to support the lifestyle you want! Good luck!!
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote