Old 01-22-2007, 07:17 AM   #1  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up W.O.W. "Get Your Groove On" Challenge: Week 4 Chat Thread

Good morning, ladies! Welcome to WEEK 4! How is everyone doing?? Everyone got their groooooove on - or at least grooving as best as they can possibly do? When life gets hectic, it's so easy to let our wonderful new healthy habits fall by the wayside... but even when things go awry, it is important to not neglect our bodies and our minds. I don't know about any of you, but for myself, I found that as soon as I made my well-being a priority, the pounds started coming off. For much of my life, I felt selfish and even guilty for paying any amount of attention to myself; now I realize that it is so, so, SO important.

Holyteror - I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather's passing. Holy moly - 100 years old!! We will keep your family in our thoughts and prayers, and please have safe travels back to Texas. We're all here for you.

Jeni - How awesome for you that you've got the new job!!! Starting a new job is always a little scary, but I think in this case that it'll be so worth it for you. You've got a very supportive DH and loving family to get you through it... and of course you have your 3FC Family, too!! When do you start?

Michelle - I'd tell you to behave yourself, but where's the fun in that?? Hey, you're having a good time, and that's awesome. I wonder, what kind of beer do you drink? Is it a light beer? I like beer, too - a lot! - but I've been avoiding it since I've started my new lifestyle, and I miss it. I used to drink Guinness, but I think that even that is high in calories. Lately, if I drink anything at all, it's either red wine or Jack Daniels with Diet Coke!

*~*~*~*~*

This week officially starts "crunch time" for the move, and I know I am going to pretty much be a basket-case all week, so please bear with me. It's going to take a lot of advance planning this week to get the move completely organized AND still get my workouts in, but I think that's not going to be the problem... I think that the real problem's going to be "convenience food" this week and next week. Because all the stuff's getting packed up - including kitchen stuff - and because I'm so exhausted from packing, we've been ordering a LOT of takeout and going out to eat a lot. That is where I feel like I lose my groove, because I have a tough time making good choices at restaurants.

I am excited about Project Mile 2007! I did two laps around the indoor track at my gym on Saturday, and the staff there told me that thirteen laps around the track equals one mile. If I can get myself to run an extra lap each week, I will definitely be able to meet my run-one-mile-by-July-1 goal - and maybe I'll even try for two miles! Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. Anyway, I bought some snazzy new running shoes because the ones I had were not comfy/supportive enough for running, and so now I am psyched and ready to go make this running stuff part of my grooooove!

*~*~*~*~*

Okay girlies - let's start Week 4 off right! Have an amazing day, and don't forget your WEED!!

Mine:
W - 96 ounces
E - Taking today off, still sore!
E - 1200 calories
D - Daily goal: get all the Passover dishes packed along with everything else in the "good" dishes cabinet. Daily affirmation: Yesterday is gone forever, and you never know if you're going to get another tomorrow... so focus on TODAY, and make it the best today you can possibly make it.
RowdyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:18 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Good morning everyone!!!!!

Rowdy, please dear girl, CUT YOURSELF SOME SLACK!!!! It is next to impossible to make a move and cook healthy, well cook period. It's just one of those times in life where it can't be helped. You have got to realize that. Whatever will be will be. You've got a whole new life looming ahead of you in your own home. You'll be all settled in before you know it and things will get back to normal. But man oh man you sure sound like you're kickin' it on the track. I'm so happy for you.

Holyterror, I'm so very sorry to hear about your grandfather. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Michelle, it sounds like you had loads of fun the other night. . Fun is GOOD. I need to do FUN more often.

Jeni - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I'm so very happy for you. Your current boss sounds amazing. What a great thing to know that you have something to fall back on if for some strange reason the new job doesn't work out. GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

Had my weigh-in this morning. I'm down 5 lbs to 201!!!I'm pretty excited. Can't wait to get under the 200 lb mark. Hoping to get my cholesterol test results back today and then I have to contend with Wednesday's exam and the findings. Oh well, we shall see what happens. I've been exercising my butt off (literally) in anticipation of surgery. Any of you gals heard of these DVD's called YOGA BOOTY BALLET? I think I'm gonna give um a try. Sounds interesting.

Today's hit:

W - drink lots
E - walking, WATP video, sit ups, leg lifts and dancing
E - keep it under 1300
D - W, E, E - this is really the only thing on my mind lately. Good, but really not good. Gotta work on that.

Have a great day ladies.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:22 AM   #3  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

I was having a normal day I tell ya. Normal was slowly creeping back in. Abby normal kicked Normal right in the pants.

I'll do what i can this week. thanx for the love and support
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:43 AM   #4  
Suz

Thumbs up

Holyteror - just keep rolling with those punches... you'll get through this. Courage, honey... courage.

Robin - You are SO going to be in ONEderland by Valentine's Day!!! I am so, so, SO proud of you!! Look at how far you've come, even through adversity. You are my hero.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:40 AM   #5  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

I am so so sorry for your loss Send my condolences to your family. Have a safe trip.

Suz you are so full of energy you make me want to get up and run to the gym!!! I bet you are totally psyched for the move and your own house!! I bet you are running that mile before you know it!!!

Robin!!!!!!!!!!! You are doing so awsome~~~~~201!!!!!!! before yo know it you will be in ONEDERLAND!!!!! You are really kickin in that exercise arent you???

Today's agenda is go pick up paperwork and have a drug test. I have never taken drugs in my life, I haven't even had Ibprofen or tylenol in probably 3 or 4 weeks (although I did have 3/4 of a wine cooler on thursday night) but I am still nervous. ACKKKKKK. I don't know much about the finer details of the job as of yet. I hope to find all that out today. I will let you know. I hope I can get in my workout, but DH said I have to pick up paperwork for the drug test go have the drug test, then go back. My sister is not too thrilled to watch my kids either, normally I would ask DH's grandmother but she is in Maryland right now.

I am rethinking my membership to the Y though. I don't want to waste the money if I cant use it. DH says he can use it and I can on my days off, or we can take the kiddos swimming and If we want to put Makie into soccer his grandmother will pick her up from. . . Daycare . . .and take her (probably put Tommy in the Y's daycare room, and watch them until he gets off of work. We just need to buy a car seat for her car for Tommy (she has one for Makie already). Okay I am talking myself back into it. It would be good for my whole family, it isn't just for me. I think we are going to pay for 3 months and test the waters, we can always cancel it if we don't like it, right.

SIGH, guys I am so scared about changing the way things are. It will either be absolutely wonderful, or downright awful. But, I will take it and see, I can always go back if it doesn't work out.

Well I guess I should start getting ready.

My hit-o-weed for today

W~100 oz
E I am hoping for 30 minutes
E 1300 cals
D drug test/ fill out paperwork Exercise in some way
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:19 PM   #6  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

W.O.W. what an emotional last few posts.....

HolyTeror, I'm so sorry about your grandfather passing, he had 100 amazing years, that is saying something. And you didn't elaborate much, but it sounded quick and painless. Much love and strength to you and your grandmother.

Jeni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNEW you'd get that job!!! I'm surprised too that they called on a Sunday, all that jumping when the phone rang, the nerves were probably calm on SUNDAY, and boom, you got the call. Don't reconsider the Y membership, you will be glad you're a member for the reasons you mentioned. Robert played soccer and football one year and because we aren't members we payed like double what members pay. Plus the childcare, and you WILL use it on your days off. Maybe even DH will go and shape himself up--he's gonna need to be buff to be with a hot chick like you!

Suz- I usually drink light beer, Bud Light mostly, but this last weekend I was just drinking water and doing shots, one called a sweet tart, that tasted just like lemon sweet tarts, absolute a-hole, taste like green apple...if it tastes good and I can swallow it without spewing it back at the bartender, I'm in. I have too many bad memories of the days where I could do Firewater and Rumble Mintz....oh gawd, the crap I used to drink when I was YOUNG.

And I'm going to echo robin on this one---you are moving! That all in itself is ENOUGH! You'll make yourself crazy worrying about getting to the gym, cooking and eating right, work and the move. Just breathe...you'll be settled into the new house and back on track before you know it.

And ROOOOOBIN miss thing, you are killing me! 201-201-201 YOU ROCK! We are literally watching you MELT away! I'm so proud of you!!! Your story just inspires the heck out of me.

No school today, in service day, and the kids are making me nuts fighting and running around...oh well. THESE are the days we're supposed to be treasuring? LOL just kidding, I just have a short fuse lately. Back to work tonight, back to the gym tomorrow after I wake up. Oh DH has a dentist appt today, so maybe I can pop to the gym this afternoon. My overall mood is better when I'm working out.

Will check back in later. xoxoxoxo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 03:01 PM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

I just got off the phone with the doctor and my cholesterol test came back

It was an error!!!!!!!!

It's not 388, it's 180!!!!! I am so happy and relieved I can not begin to tell you!!!!! I can't believe how I was worried and doubting myself and sheeeesh. Lab error, these things never happen to me. Stupid, stupid lab. Kinda scary when you think about it. Nevertheless, crazy me told the dr. I want another test. I'd like to see the same good number twice. She says I have to wait a month cause insurance won't cover it. So I will go back in a month and retake. Thanks girls for all your support. You're the greatest. One medical drama gone. It would be kinda cool if Wednesday's results are just as good.

And thanks for the support on my weightloss. I am a (wo)man on a mission!!! Totally and completely obsessed. Crazy. Seriously considering putting up ONEderland progress pics, though that's so not me. I'm a little leery of it. For the heck of it last night I tried on some old clothes, I only saved about 5 or 6 items. I tell you I really need to do that from time to time, cause it's a great indicator for me to see how far I've come. I don't know I look in the mirror and I just don't see 86 lbs less. I KNOW I feel better and move better, it's just a weird thing.

Jeni, congrats again. All new things are scary, even if we KNOW they're for the best. Anticipation of an event is a very bad thing sometimes. You'll see when you get in there and get going everything is going to be just fine. Try and hang in there til that happens.

Love you all!!!! Thanks again for EVERYTHING
Old 01-22-2007, 03:06 PM   #8  
Suz

Thumbs up

I think I just peed myself a little...

Robin, I am SO HAPPY that things are okay with your cholesterol!!!!!!! I mean, yeah, it's scary that labs can make that kind of error... how many others are being treated for cholesterol that don't need it?? But THANK G-D your numbers are good. I am so happy for you. *squeeeeee!*

Oh, I do love good news.

Old 01-22-2007, 03:19 PM   #9  
Calorie Counter

I am soooo Happy for you Robin!!!!! (I couldn't decided which one to use )
I new it had to be a lab error!!! (Dang that lab)

~~~

The only paperwork I got was for the drug test, now I have to wait until next week to confirm I passed the test and get the info on the job.

DH wants to pay for 6 months, If we stop using it we won't re-new it.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:29 PM   #10  
Movin' and Groovin'

S/C/G: 289/269/180

Holyteror-Sorry to hear about your grandfather. Stay strong.

Jeni-Congrats on getting your job. I always got nervous taking drug tests, also. Like you, I don't do drugs, either.\

Robin--That is so AWESOME!!!! I can't remember the last time I was 201. Congrats on your cholesterol, as well. What a huge relief.
~~~~~~~~~~~
In six days, it will be a month since I changed my ways. Tomorrow will make it 3 weeks since I started working out. The time has gone by fast. Anytime I have the urge to slip, I think of how far I have come. I come here and my spirits get lifted back up. I just want to thank you all for your support.
JennyWenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:50 PM   #11  
SuperWoman

S/C/G: 194/157.5/145

Height: 5'9"

I was wondering if I could join your challenge?
You all seem like a wonderful group of women.

Rowdy, I would like to say great job on the laps. I started a running program. Its called the couch to 5k program. Here's the link if you're interested.

http://www.coolrunning.com/cgi-bin/m...1;s=2_3;site=1
alsbttrfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:30 AM   #12  
Calorie Counter

Lori, welcome to the group! This is the best group that I have ever been apart of. I am looking forward to getting to know you!

Jenny, isn't it amazing how fast time flies? I cant believe we are on week 4 of this challenge.

~~~~~~
The Y thing I can either pay $415 for 6 months or $660 for 12 months So we are going for the whole year.

I talked to my boss tonight and told him I wasn't sure when the job started but I am sure I have it So as soon as it starts I will no longer work for him He is very old fashioned but made me cry by telling me how much he will miss me and how I am "like an old machine in the building, everyone will notice it is gone" I know its stupid but it made me cry.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:42 AM   #13  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Hi everyone,
I'll try to be on wednesday sometime. I'm flying out to Texas tomorrow afternoon with a layover in Vegas....I'll be back Thursday afternoon.
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:53 AM   #14  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

ahhhh holyT . . . Hang in there Girl! And drink lots and lots of water - I had a doc tell me that in 1997 when I lost my Mom of all things - something about the immune system and grief. I know we get dehydrated from air travel too. Just know you are in our thoughts and prayers! Hope doggie is doing better - didja get word to DH? (I wondered what happened to the Chargers dangit - had a buddy place $5 bet during his trip to Vegas recently - for them to WIN the Super Bowl . . . I'll check with ya next time b4 I bet! )

And congrats to Our jcat!!!! What GREAT news and also have the return to old job buffer!!!! *Chant with me*: Change can be good . . . Changecanbegood . . . .

rrobin - you are my hero too!!! Just a total inspiration! WTG!!!

A Big Grooooovy Shout Out to Nurse Michelle - I'm a Bud Light Drinker - but recently switched over to Mich Ultra - mainly drink @ Football Gatherings.

I've got a visual of rowdy in a moving van with baskets and baskets of fresh fruit (housewarming presents) . . . munching away on bananas/mangoes/fresh pineapple . . . HEY - no cooking involved!!!?

Soooooo relieved my slippery sloping NON-groovy stress related sugar binge only resulted in a 1 lb gain (I'm thinking I must have really been down lower) . . . but in any event, I've learned a lot about myself and am firmly recommitted/regroooved on and Re-Ready to hit the last two weeks of January - made my mental weed for today - super good weight room work out and tons of water - heres tomorrow:

W: 100+oz
E: Pilates & Upper Body
E: Stay OP
D: All Shall Be Well
All Will Be Well
And All Manner of Things . . .
Shall Be Well

Last edited by aud; 01-23-2007 at 04:00 AM.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 06:56 AM   #15  
3 + years maintaining

Hi ladies!!!

Last edited by rockinrobin; 01-23-2007 at 07:15 AM.