Old 01-22-2007, 10:16 AM   #1  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Weekly Chat Jan 22-28/07

Good Morning

How is everyone this Monday morning?

Things are good around here, recommitted and feeling pretty good. I have my weight bench set back up.....I want to be fit and looking good by this summer!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:28 AM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi Robin, I feel good this morning. I am also recommitted today. Had bad snack attacks yesterday for peanut butter and caved in (more than once). I'm having my coffee now and plan is to stay on program. At least, I didn't skip my exercise last night, so that much was good.

Not much happening here. School is back on and DH is at work. Ahh, a quiet day for me and the animals.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 256/202.2/155

Height: 5'6.5

Hi ladies, can I join in?
Lilybelle, I'm sure I've messaged you before to tell you what an inpiration you are, but I'll say it again! You're an inspiration!
Robin I'm recommiting today. Day one of induction and off we go!
I have enough low carb food to get through breakfast, but groceries must be purchased shortly after that.
My husband starts working back in town next week, so staying on plan while he's doing some of the cooking will be my challenge.
This is the mantra for the day
"no snacking on carbs is good snacking."
Have a great day
Tracy
tqvirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 11:44 AM   #4  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

Ok so I am too recommitting today. I redid my measurements and have set myself a goal. I want to get down to 200 lbs. by summer, so i have 40 to lose. Today is my first day of induction and i am ready to go go go. I have to work today and plan on having me a nice big salad for lunch. No sodas will be tough for me but i know that i can do it.
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:19 PM   #5  

Unhappy

this is my first day on induction .i am working tonight so i have to save a meal{7-7}.i was up at 8 ,had breakfast ,but was hungry and couldn't wait until supper .i had 3/4 chicken breast.does anyone else snack when they are hungry?
forest faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:48 PM   #6  
lilybelle

Tracy, thanks. I think my success stems mainly from the fact that if I eat something I shouldn't (which I do occasionally), I just get back on program and move on. I don't believe in giving up. It took me a long time time to realize that this is for life, not a "diet" but the way I like to eat and choose to eat. No one forces me, I am accountable to myself.

I really do like the food choices that we have with Atkins. I can always find something that I like to eat. I don't go to any fast food places. But, I have found that I prefer my own cooking over most anyone elses.

forest, I snack when I'm hungry. I eat pork rinds, deviled eggs, cheeses or slices of roast beef. When I do my worst is if I let myself get overly hungry or skip meals. I love sugar free jello with the spray whipped topping. I keep this made up most of the time.

ilovemike, you have done awesome. I know you can meet your goal and look great for summer.

I just went and bought more puppy food. I realized now I am spending $110.00 per week on puppy/dog food. I will need to send them to their new homes soon. I'll miss the little guys. Except Lucy which I'm keeping.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:06 PM   #7  

Thanks for the support Lilybelle. It's so true, one thing offplan used to lead to a spiral....no more. Deviled eggs is an awesome snack idea that I never thought of!
What kind of puppies do you breed?
Tracy
Old 01-22-2007, 02:23 PM   #8  
lilybelle

Tracy, you are welcome. We have chocolate labradors. I have 12 puppies right now that are 5 weeks old today. They are adorably cute, but quite a handful to care for and are eating like little horses. (I had to start supplementing them cause mama dog is wore out and can't keep up with their nutritional needs). They all have teeth now and sharp little claws and were tearing her boobies up. She has got where she hates to feed them. I know it's been rough for her as she only has 9 nipples and 12 hungry pups that battle over her for their turn to eat. I do separate them now and just let her feed 6 at a time to keep the fussing down.

I think I'm going to make some deviled eggs today, they do sound good to me right now.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:43 PM   #9  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Had a boring weekend, Sat I had to wait around to the men to come to fix the broken bed,and on Sunday I just had other boring stuff to do.

Had some dusting this morning but it stopped,not even the snow wants to stay.
Nothing new today either,just here to let you know I still hanging around.

Robin-Thanks for starting us up,You did great getting your weight bench back up.I've go my gym so we better look good this summer.

Lily-I've got the same problem with the craving I had a baked potato for dinner last night and the craving was unreal.Today I'm back to low carbs.

Tracy-Welcome ,and you sound like you got a good plan.Stick to it and you'll do fine.

ilovemike-Good for you, I should join your gals on induction again but its so hard to get out of owl once you've on it.Going to lower my carbs.

Forest-I snack when I'm hungry also,Don't over look the snacking especially when your hungry that will only lead to problems of over eating.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:46 PM   #10  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Well guys had a great day today. Going to try to get to bed early so that I wont be so tired to get to the gym tomorrow morning.
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:51 AM   #11  
lilybelle

BB, I broke down and had a baked potato once since I started Atkins. I don't remember why but the book says to use a sweet potato instead for maintenance. I have 1/2 a sweet potato occasionally with butter and I love it. I think they are lower in carbs. I do have Oats for breakfast quite a bit now that I'm on maintenance. (they seem to help my tummy and fill me up so much that normally if I have them I don't eat lunch). I haven't ever tried any cold cereal. I don't know what was wrong with me yesterday, the LC bread and peanut butter got the best of me.

I had told you all the saga of my oldest step-daughter and her financial problems. My DH has now agreed (finally) to meet with her DH and let him know what is going on. We are now in complete agreement that we aren't going to bail her out anymore. This should help our marital problems as the only time we ever fight is when he doesn't tell me of all the money he scrapes up to give her. I finally got it through his thick head that he isn't helping her, he is enabling her to continue to be irresponsible. Yeah, Yeah. This only took me 9 yrs..........
Old 01-23-2007, 04:11 AM   #12  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Hi All and Welcome Everyone!

I'm soooo relieved to W/I and find that my recent week & weekend sugary sweet/stress induced binge only cause a ONE POUND weight gain!!!!! Thank You Atkins-Gods!!! Wondering if my metabolism is revved or WHAT??? I DID manage to keep on walking and also fitting Pilates in between bites of Carb-Crud . . . maybe that's the key???

WhatEVAH! I'm over it and totally re-committed too! Only a couple of weeks left in our Challenge and I just want to be the best I can be at this point . . . reallyreallyreally dusting the sugar dust off this time and mooooovin' on!

Had an awesome work out today with weights and going back for more tomorrow - upped my water to flush out these carb toxins to boot!

Catch up more tomorrow - need to pass out b4 snack attack/cravings hit . . . (I always eat when I'm hungry too - I specifically remember a chapter where Doc Atkins says if you are reallyreally hungry - you are allowed to re-eat an entire low carb meal!!!! What other "diet"/lifestyle lets you do that and still lose weight?????? )

Have a Terrific Tuesday everyone!!!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:04 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 196/see ticker/140

Height: 5'1"

Hello all,

I am still here! You all sound so upbeat and positive! It really helps to read what you are all doing.

I am hanging in there. I have to just resolve that I am in for a long haul, and do it. So far, I have been able to keep up with the 3 times a week exercise, with the dance and yoga, so that is good.

Have been very very busy between work and dance and my classes, that can be good or bad depending on how you look at it.

Nona
nonamortica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:20 AM   #14  

good morning everyone! Thank-you for the warm welcome!

Lilybelle, good for you for getting your husband on track. I don't know the whole story, but from what I've put together, I would guess that having your partner working against you a little bit would be uber frustrating!

I stayed OP yesterday. Had some harsh demons to fight all day. My little voice listed many tasty treats and tried to convince to give in. I didn't!
the result....I dropped 4.5lbs of water over night. Which is good becausse I was super bloated when I got up yesterday morning. I did my 35 minutes this morning and have my menu planned for the day. Unfortunately, when I planned last night I forgot I'm going out for dinner tonight. Not a big glitch, just have to battle the evil voice!
have a fabulous day.

Tracy
Old 01-23-2007, 11:27 AM   #15  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Its super cold and blustery here today. Im not sure what we have planned for the day, but hopefully I'll be able to get dh to come for a walk with me

Quote:
I dropped 4.5lbs of water over night
WTG Tracy!! Dontcha just love it!

Quote:
You did great getting your weight bench back up.I've go my gym so we better look good this summer.
Thanks BB, I did I still have my gym membership, it isnt up until the end of this month. But after joining, and looking at all my old papers and motivational stuff....I gained the most weight this year. I was too lazy to go to the gym. Having everything right here works so much better for me. I still have to figure something out for cardio tho. When its too cold or snowy outside, I dont want to do anything

Quote:
Doc Atkins says if you are reallyreally hungry - you are allowed to re-eat an entire low carb meal!!!!
Ive done this Aud....sometimes about an hour after eating supper, I'll go and finish off the left overs. You get those days where you super hungry, and days when you forget to eat. As long as you keep it lc, you're good.

Have a great OP day ladies!!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote