Old 01-22-2007, 10:58 AM   #1  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Default Something weird

Me again!

Why is it I used to NOT eat breakfast, scarf down a cheeseburger & fries at McDOnald's and NOT be hungry at all til about 7:30 or so.....but now I eat a nice breakfast, am RAVENOUS at lunch time, eat a healthy lunch, and am STARVING again by 6 or so????

that burger and fries packed a lot of hunger killing FATTTTTT i guess LOL

sigh....those were the days!!! Something GREAT -- i went to McDonald's on the weekend cuz it's convenient for a friend to bring her kids to play -- and I got myself a happy meal kids meal, and it was crappy! the bun was kinda stale and it tasted gross so i took a few bites and put it away....i felt such a sense of victory LOL...hmmmm I wonder tho if it had been fresh and delicious if i'd have such a strong back bone
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 11:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 271/264.0/160

Height: 5' 7"

I know what you mean. I used to NEVER eat breakfast. I would have a decent sized lunch and I'd be fine all day...and now I am starving by 11:30am! I have noticed that I have more energy during the day since I started eating breakfast though.

Congrats on the NSV with the happy meal. I was out with my hubby on the weekend, and he ended up having a double cheeseburger and fries, and I smelled all the grease, and it turned me right off of wanting one. I was quite happy with my grilled chicken burger and salad. Its nice when we see these little changes in our habits!!!
BarrieMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 11:16 AM   #3  
Hi From Canada, eh?

I see that expression "NSV" everywhere

I'm dumb What's it mean???
Old 01-22-2007, 11:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Height: 5'3"

You are not dumb...Just incase you thought that statement was true.
NSV is Non Scale Victory.....
It is a victory even though you don't see it on the scale right away.
Those are things that don't make your weight go down but they are successes....It could be fitting into a size smaller pants or not eating dessert with supper, or drinking your eight glasses of water a day, things like that

Last edited by Wanna be a loser; 01-22-2007 at 11:44 AM. Reason: update
Wanna be a loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 256/202.2/155

Height: 5'6.5

Hey Tracey,
The great thing about being hungry more often is that it usually means that your body is working harder and burning more, the crappy sidde effect is that if you're used to trying not to eat it goes against years of conditioning.
wouldn't it be great to find out that the mcdonalds always tasted that crappy.....
congrats on the NSV!
Tracy
tqvirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:23 PM   #6  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Maybe you need a couple of snacks in there? I have a snack between breakfast and lunch and another between lunch and dinner. It really helps. I think I'd be comitting suicide (or homicide ) if I didn't have that afternoon snack. Some of my favorites are a lowfat string cheese with a piece of fruit or a Zone bar.

But yes, congrats on defeating the devil aka Mickey D's!
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:43 PM   #7  
Future Skinny Teacher!!

S/C/G: 287/238/155

Height: 5'8.5"

I don't even tempt myself by stepping in the door of a Mickey D's yet.
Chunky Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:50 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 329/223/147

Height: 5ft5

Hi Tracey,

Well done on substituting the burger and fries for your healthy breakfast. But there's no reason you should go hungry - I'm concerned for you! I'd go crazy if I felt that the foods I was eating weren't satisfying me. Maybe experiment with the kinds of breakfasts you have and what effect they have on you and snack on healthy stuff if you get hungry between meals.
EnglishMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:05 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 364/364/140

Height: 5 feet

I had started to eat a snack at about 10:30am each day it helps me to get to lunch. Another thing that I do is drink the Special K Protein Water it helps to fill me up at only 50 calories.
DramaQueenLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:09 PM   #10  
Hardworking Chick

S/C/G: 334/321.4/125

Default You're not crazy

Actually, it's a good sign that you are feeling hungrier. Real hunger (not the boredom kind) is the result of your body's metabolism kicking in. If you're eating good foods (low carb, low fat) and making your body work to digest it, the pounds will follow.

You're on the right track, definitely. To get over the hunger pangs, try adding some healthy snacks to your daily intake. My favorite is mixing protein with veggie snacks, like string cheese and celery, or 1 tbsp peanut butter and cucumber slices (weird, but it works.) Also, try drinking water whenever you feel famished. That last one works really well for me.

Hang in there!
booklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:54 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

I often found that I'd eat an on the go breakfast be starving for lunch, eat take out, be starving for dinner and then be hungry again by 9:00PM almost every day. I look back now and think it was because of what I was eating. My diet before was almost all refined carbs, high fat, barely any protein let alone lean protein & almost no veggies (unless chicken and veggies came mixed in with the chinese takeout!) I realize now that I was probably in a horrid carb crash loop.

An example of what I was eating before would be Breakfast....bagel w/cream cheese and a double latte, Lunch: take out (We'll say Chinese since we got that about 3 times a week...spoils of working next to Chinatown) or burritos, or Italian, or, well you get the point. Dinner when I would get home late would
often be pasta...way more than a serving....I mean hey...its quick and how difficult is it to boil water anyway. when the evening crash would come around I'd often munch on some sort of toast or cereal before bed. The days where I had school or an event it was often dinner out or on the go followed with 5 hours of drinking.......

I never really counted a real bad day but knowing what I know now (and I guess knew then but was in denial of) I was EASILY eating 3000-3500 calories, probably more at about 80% refined carbs.... and I was starving.... all the time.... but now protein has helped me see the light....I eat breakfast at home....always making sure that there is a fruit and a major protein source...be it a slice of turkey or egg whites, no more takeout at lunch, a lean protein, non-starchy vegetable, and a whole grain. I eat anywhere between 1500 & 1700 calories a day with at least 100g of protein and I tell you I am never hungry (well except those first couple of days when TOM is in town). I snack in between meals on carrot sticks, yogurt, granola, low fat cheese instead of office chocolate. The first meal that I changed was breakfast and I think for the first couple of weeks that I was changing everything so drastically I did feel hungry still most of the time...but now I don't have that feeling anymore.

Wow....admitting my former eating habits is hard, and scary enough to know that I never want to go back!
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 05:14 PM   #12  
No description available.

String cheese and a piece of fruit get me through those hungry times. I know exactly what you mean. Eating breakfast makes me hungrier earlier than when I don't eat breakfast.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 05:27 PM   #13  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi. I'm glad you were turned off of McDonalds. That's a major victory!!!!

But I gotta tell you I am rarely hungry. I eat every 2, 2 1/2 hours or so to guard against this. I don't think I could do this if I were really and truly hungry? Do you eat snacks, or just your 3 meals? I also find veggies and protein to be very, very filling. Nothing fills me more then my beloved cauliflower. 28 cals for a cup, I eat 2 cups at a time. Love it. Or a 3 egg white omlette - only 60 cals. Im the beginning it's hard, you'll play around with your menu til you figure out what works for you, I have no doubt.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:10 PM   #14  
Hi From Canada, eh?

no no, i eat PLENTY believe me LOL.... a nice full breakfast, a little snackie, lunch, a snack, dinner you see where I'm going with this... no my comment was more of the WEIRD factor that eating 2 times a day completely filled me up and i wasn't hungry, but now that i'm eating 6 times a day i'm ravenous all the time! i guess it takes a while to break the 50 grams of FAT at a sitting habit LOL

string cheese does sound intriguing tho...i'm going to have to get some!!!

Also, I'd have to say that SALSA is my new favourite life saver at the moment! On a plain potato-- heaven!!!
Old 01-22-2007, 06:56 PM   #15  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Height: 5'8"

No string cheese for me if i eat one i want 2.......
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote