Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-21-2007, 11:56 PM   #1  
Bikini Season :)

Default Living In The Moment...

Does anyone else seem to have issues with living in the moment? I know i do!

its always "oh, well, i'll start dating when im thin." "i'll go out and start to meet new people when im thin and it will be easier." "i'm not going to go back home until im thinner so my family can be proud."

etc...etc...

anyone else have these things?

im dying to be seen as the person i think i can be, but im extremely hesitant to go out and be the person that i am now...
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:57 PM   #2  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

yup, and whats worse, I think I've done that for so long that I fear succeeding. All these things I am gonna do when I get thin...sheeeet, I wont be able to put them off anymore
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:09 AM   #3  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Yeah this weekend I sat down and calculated how much I need to lose to get to the size I want to be for my trip to jamaica this summer. Hard to just stay in the here and now.
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:11 AM   #4  

Definitely know where you're coming from! I need a constant reminder to live in the present when it comes to my size.
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:46 AM   #5  
Peachbody

I struggle with this, too. Only for me, I don't just fight to get my head out of the future, I also spend plenty of time woolgathering about the past.

What helps me is making a conscious decision to focus on what my body can do right now. So I have been trying to push the envelope, to see if my body can do even more right now than I imagined. Yesterday it was a big flight of stairs. I think the thing that keeps me grounded in the present moment is gratitude for the capabilities of this wonderful physical creation of a body as it exists right now.

Geri
Dr Geri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:24 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7''

I wish I knew the answer....I struggle with it too. I find myself saying no to invitations to go out for the night, for a night in with friends, for a meal out, for my nieces/nephews birthday parties etc all because I know that if I go out and eat or have a few drinks then the scale will go up 5 or 6 lbs. Now I know that its just bloat/water/salt weight but it can take a week for it to get back down to normal again.
So since I started this journey last March I've lost a good bit of weight but I've also lost a friend (who lives 4 hrs away and I've refused to visit as weekends with food I don't control are difficult), people don't bother inviting me out anymore as they know the answer..thanks but no thanks but most of all I've lost opportunites for great times and memories.

I don't think that I've got the mentality that suddenly my life will be great when I hit goal...but I think I've taken the mentality of 'what you want long term is more important than what you want now' a bit to the extreme...no answers Kate, but you're definitely not alone in how you are feeling.
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:29 AM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I too struggle with this mentality. "No use putting off til tomorrow what you can do today" are words I'd like to live by. I've been putting my life on hold for soooo long now due to my weight, I really don't know any different. Ahhh, just another thing to work on. Man, I need some serious help.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:34 PM   #8  
mmm nutella

S/C/G: 177/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 5 1/2"

I struggle with this as well

I always feel like I could do better if I didn't live with a room mate who brought home bad foods and tempted me, if the gym were closer, if my workload at school wasn't so tough. But I have to realize that those are my circumstances right now and I have to live and work with where I am right now.

Bloom where you're planted!
hotnewspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:50 PM   #9  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I am SO feeling you guys on this one....I suppose we all do. But I do try to think about this, I am doing things at 220 that I never did at 290, so to me, that's a bit of a victory. I flirt a little more, wear sexier clothes, am less afraid to do new things, but of course there are things I won't do until...ah well, I wonder if we would still have the same issues at our goal weights. Hang in there, girls, yes, we are still all in the same boat.
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:58 PM   #10  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Height: 5'3"

The person you are now is strong, beautiful and truly amazing. And my saying that to you does absolutely no good unless you can make yourself believe it, but I wanted to throw in my vote.
callystia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:42 PM   #11  
prepare for the BEST time

I do this all the time....I don't allow myself to do certain things because my weight is not acceptable for me to enjoy them...at first I think it's incentive to keep motivated, but why do I punish myself??? I'm setting myself up....it's dumb, but I've been doing it for too long, it's now the norm.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote