Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-21-2007, 11:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 298/225/200~>165

Height: 5 11

Smile Trying to do the best I can, for short term goal...

Hi, I currently am working very hard to meet my short term goal of losing a minimum of 25 lb before the end of March...(keeping in mind I am going to have gallbladder surgery within this time period as well-grrrrrr..I have stones)

I want to get down below the 200 lb mark before we take a family trip to Disney this April 2!

I have a recumbent bike that I get on every day for almost an hour, as well I'm working out my arms with 5 lb weights. These are the only things I have at my disposal, I can not walk as I have a LOT of trouble finding shoes that do not blister my feet ( I've tried for years!!) and I do not have the time to waste away from exercise healing blisters as I have to keep the momentum going!

I'm very motivated , and totally psyched . I'm hoping to get some exercise DVDs from Freecycle soon too!

Any tips you can give me or any other simple effective exercises I could add to my routine would be great.

Thanks, I'm motivated just reading all the posts and seeing the after picts! Wow.

Shannon
goldfleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Hey, about the shoes, what will you wear to walk at Disney? Sometimes it's more the socks and less about shoes. A full cotton sock can cause blisters, while you should go with a poly/lycra mix and that will keep you blister free.

You can also do some good back exercises with your 5 lb dumbbells, like a bent over row. That will strengthen your back and make all the WDW walking less stressful for you as well.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote