Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-18-2007, 08:20 PM   #1  
Bekka

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Default OUCH, today was NOT a good food day

Dear god. Today was my first day of the semester, and my first semester doing half time academics (art school)... Its an hour to the school where we take our academics, and I had three classes in a row - or rather, not in a row, with an hour and a half in between - not long enough to do anything productive, but long enough to get boring. I was running late and grabbed a bacon egg and cheese on a bagel at DD, then got spaghetti carbonara for lunch - which ended up being so awful that I gave up and had french fries for lunch instead. Damn french fries. THEN, I missed the bus home and had to wait another hour, so I went to get dinner - and all they had that I eat was a bacon cheeseburger with fries. SO BAD. And now I just feel all that food sitting in my stomach like a lump... I have a history of bulimia and its rough right now! I need to come up with a better solution for next week. Any thoughts on foods I could take fairly easily that would still be edible after 3 hours, wouldn't be too huge... I think there might be a microwave I could use there. What do you guys think?
improbable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

a FF yogurt w/ 2 tablespoons crushed walnuts. this is very filling and yummy.
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:32 PM   #3  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Get yourself one of the little insulated lunchboxes that will fit in your backpack. You can throw an icepac in there and fill it with all kinds of yummy things. I love yogurt, as well as the mini carrots with Laughing Cow cheese. Very low fat, and excellent for you.....you also get that "crunch" factor!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:50 PM   #4  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

I have an insulated lunchbox - I bring breakfast and lunch to work in it every day. Breakfast is usually plain low fat or fat free cottage cheese or yogurt with sugar free jam added. Or a Zone Bar....just make sure to check the calorie counts on bars - I look for around 200 calories with like 15 g of protein. I love Laughing Cow cheese, too or low fat mozzarella cheese sticks. I often have frozen LeanCuisines or Smart Ones, again watch the calories and sodium. I bring fruit and a salad as well...have I mentioned I like to eat? The point is to always have healthy choices so you aren't looking for what to eat when you are already hungry.

An hour and a half break sounds like a good time to take a walk.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 04:16 AM   #5  

I had 4 1/2 weeks of jury duty a ways back and packed a lunch for the 1st time since high school! I graduated in..er........ in,.........well, a short while ago anyways......lol!

I had so much fun making up my lunch!
I put in 2 slices of whole grain bread, about 2 ounces cheddar cheese, and then packed sliced cucumbers, carrot sticks and then a huge juicy piece of fruit!
I would add a bottle of water and or black coffee and sit in the sun and read my book!
Munch munch, eat slow and make it last for a nice peaceful hour.

SIGH!
Makes me want to go back to jury duty again! At least I had a quieter lunch than normal!
(I homeschool and have 7 kids!)
aschenbrodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 07:34 AM   #6  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

Remember that even if you're stuck somewhere, you can make options healthier. Could you have gotten the burger without the bacon and cheese (or scrape it off)? Could you have gotten spaghetti with marinara instead? Try to remember that even if the choices are bad for your plan, you can make choices within those options that will make your meal healthier. Of course, you have to be prepared to make the choice to do so.

Last edited by Tara D; 01-20-2007 at 07:42 AM.
Tara D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 09:22 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

That's a good point Tara D. Many of us have found ourselves in the position where McDs or other fast food is the only choice. On the rare occasion (maybe once a month) when I'm stuck going to fastfood because I'm starving and there's nothing else around and I didnt plan ahead (which I find difficult to do when on the run), I'll adjust: at McDs a regular (aka small) hamburger w/ no cheese, small fries, diet coke; at Wendy's I'll get the Jr. Hamburger (no cheese or mayo) w/ lettuce, tomato, pickles, ketchup and sneak a few of DH's fries, or I'll get 2 Jr Hamburgers instead of the fries. I think both meals add up to a bit over 500 calories so not ruinous, but not something you want to eat regularly if you're trying to be healthy and slim.
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 11:56 AM   #8  
I restore Teeth.

you know, i give myself a little treat on the weekend nights. Yesterday I had small portions of all the foods I normally avoid. And it was wonderful!
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 02:31 PM   #9  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi improbable!

I never leave my house without some water and an apple. If I will be out longer I also take some G.G. Bran Crispbread crackers and some Laughing Cow lowfat cheese wedges. Another good plan is a baggie with some whole wheat pitas, a knife, and a small jar of Jif crunchy peanut butter. All of these will stay well without refrigeration.

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:19 PM   #10  
Baby steps

S/C/G: 280/270/160

Height: 5'8"

I too must admit that I stash food in my purse during the day. I usually have either an apple, orange, or banana, if I'm doing apples, I take a teeny tiny piping bag and put some peanut butter in it so I'm not tempted to have half the jar. Sometimes I have jerky or granola, but I always have SOMETHING healthy I can eat.

I find that if I know I have something better for me within my grasp, I can say "no" to junky foods easier.
Wildfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:33 PM   #11  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

wendys - chili all the way small is 220, large is 330 cals and there is a decent amount of fiber (5g, 8g) add a side salad with light dressing and its not a bad meal over all
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote