Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-20-2007, 03:40 AM   #1  
Baby steps

S/C/G: 280/270/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Yet ANOTHER newbie

Hello everyone!

I stumbled across this forum earlier today and was instantly sucked in. Anyone who has ever attempted to lose weight can tell you have support has a lot to do with it, and that's what I'm hoping to find here.

Now, onto the juicy stuffs and such. I'm Sara, and will be 19 in a few months. I am a full-time college student and have battled weight issues since I was 11 or 12. I come from a family of very large people, both men and women, and sometimes I'm amazed at some of the absolutely CRAP I have put into my mouth.

I've been doing little things for the past two weeks or so and have already lost 7 pounds. I park farther away from my classes and give myself a little less time to get there, I drink my 8 glasses of water a day, I've cut out soda completely (now THAT darn near killed me!), and I've been more aware of what I'm putting into my mouth.

But now that I've tested the waters, I'm finally ready to dive right in with the rest of you guys!
Wildfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 07:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/157/25

Height: 5'7''

Hey, I'm Jordan. I'm 16 and have been overweight since I was about 8. My freshmen year I decided I didnt wanna be the fat chick, so I've been working out and taking care of myself. I've lost 50lbs so far. If you need a buddy you can email me. This site is great help!
Leygh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 11:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

Wildfyre

You've come to the right place!! This forum is absolutely a godsend to me! This place is full of love, encouragement, ideas, and laughter! I originally joined in Feb. 2005, but only came here twice in that time..... I recently "re-joined" 2 weeks ago and come here MANY times a day. In a world full of "you can'ts" this site is full of "oh, yes you can.... and you WILL".

I too gave up soda and all forms of caffeine about 6 months ago... it gets so much easier the longer you go without it.... I don't even crave it now.... and if I do take a sip of it - it tastes like sugary syrup...

Anyway - look around and jump right in!

Julie
LondonJulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 11:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck... it sounds like you are doing great already!
Angie
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 03:23 PM   #5  
Baby steps

S/C/G: 280/270/160

Height: 5'8"

Hehe my dad says the same thing Julie. He has horrid migraines and one of his medications makes anything carbonated taste like crud, so he had to completely cut out soda. He says he doesn't even crave it now.
Wildfyre is offline   Reply With Quote