Old 01-19-2007, 09:21 AM   #1  

Question need a group - bodybugg user

Hi. I have tried the bodybugg several times and each time with success, but I keep stopping. I also keep gaining when I stop. Duh. So, I could use a support group or buddies to check in with. I am mid-forties and it is slow - 1lb a week is about all I get. I have only 100 to lose!!!

It doesn't much matter what method you use, but if you need a buddy - please write back.
alwayslistening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 04:52 PM   #2  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

What IS a bodybugg??

spanky
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 07:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/137/135

Height: 5'5"

Smile

alwayslistening,

If you still need a buddy we seem to have a lot in common. I am also in my mid-forties. I have been wearing my bodybugg since July. I have lost 24 pounds in 27 weeks. My original target deficit was 500 calories a week which is a pound a week loss. I changed to 250 a day in November. I also only tried to maintain for the last couple of weeks in December. I revised my weight goal a few times because I didn't think I could keep losing. The bodybugg has been a learning experience for me. The biggest lesson was knowing how much I could eat to lose weight without starving myself and being afraid to eat. Right now I am trying to maintain which is a whole new challenge. I may try to loose a few more pounds when it gets warmer.

The most important thing I've found is keep moving. Every little movement adds up. I unfortunately, have a desk job. So the majority of the day during the week I burn 1 calorie a minute (sometimes 1.1 if I'm lucky). I try to get up and walk around once an hour. Any movement helps. It does give you a whole new perspective on vacuuming when you see how many calories you burn.

Also journal every bite, no matter how small. If your food isn't prepackaged - weigh it. It is better to overestimate than underestimate. Good Luck. I'm here if you want any help. I would love to share. It will help inspire me to keep at it too.
sandee0201 is offline   Reply With Quote