Old 01-18-2007, 10:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 364/364/140

Height: 5 feet

Default back on plan....very tired

Ever since I got back on plan I have been really really tired at night been going to sleep at 7:30 I don't know why this is I don't have a cold or anything so I really don't understand why I am so sleepy 11 hours each night??? Maybe caused by going back on plan??? I have taking my vitamins, drinking all of my water could this be my body adjusting??? Did this happen to anyone else? I am going to the arthritis doctor later today I will ask him about it but I just don't think the two are related. I just don't know what to think about it??? I can tell you this the kids are sick of eating TV dinners because Mom is too tired to cook. So maybe a pizza for them tonight.
DramaQueenLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:19 AM   #2  
For a fit, healthy me!

S/C/G: s3x/s2x/healthy and fit

Height: 5 feet even

Default Colleen...

Are you getting enough protein? That is what gives me energy, I think. Especially a snack around 3pm. Are you overdoing it with the exercise too soon? I wish I had better suggestions.
Casey4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

That was my first thought too - making sure you are getting enough protein. You may just be fighting off something too, sometimes our bodies need more sleep when we are trying to keep from getting sick. Look closely at what you are eating, and good luck.
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:25 AM   #4  

I am eating the same way that I did a few months ago when I was on plan and wasn't real sleepy then but also was doing more exercise then I can't do to much right now because of my knees. Maybe it is a lack of exercise???
Old 01-18-2007, 11:27 AM   #5  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Colleen,

How far are you into your plan? Withdrawing from sugar, etc can make you feel very tired the first week or so. Like Casey and Mrs Quadcrew, my first thought was protein. Are you eating protein with every meal? Are you taking in enough calories? Are you getting enough rest at night? Since starting my plan, I felt like I had a ton of energy and I was feeling great.Then, the first part of this week, I was feeling really tired and drugged out...like I hit a wall and just didn't want to keep going. I decreased my workout from 45 minutes to 30 and pushed through it. Yesterday, my normal energy seemed to come back and I feel fine again today.

After a long time of unhealthy eating and too little exercise, I think our bodies have to take some time to adjust. I wonder if our bodies go through stages of adjustment? Hmmm...this might be something I can research.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 11:35 AM   #6  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Make sure you're getting enough water, also. Not being hydrated enough can cause fatigue! Good luck, hope you feel better!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 11:45 AM   #7  

This started 24 hours after I started back on plan maybe it is a suger withdrawal I have been eating protein with every meal, taking vitamins. I was only off plan for 3 weeks or so and was eating tons of suger then a candy bar a night and usually something else sugery like a sweet roll each night. Do you think it is suger withdrawel...seems like it could be as I ate more sugery stuff when I was off plan for those 3 weeks then I have in years...I just seemed to crave it so much more.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:33 PM   #8  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

I find myself tired in the firs few weeks back on plan too

But I'm more emotionally drained than anything. I get tired from the constant inner battle going on through the day! Night-time is my WORST binge time and so I think, rather than face an all out WAR...my body decides it would rather go to sleep early. It's the same when I try to quit smoking and also when I'm watching a movie or something that is just TOOO intense for me.

Some sort of self preservation in my case, I think!

Hope it goes away soon!
xoxoxo
Linda

Afterthought: You couldn't possibly be could you? I also fell asleep at the drop of a hat during my first trimester/s

xoxoxo
Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:56 PM   #9  

No more babies here no no Maybe this is just my body coming off the sugar and getting used to the healthy eating. I did have an "extra" snack today just in case I wasn't eating enough to keep the bod going. I was really OD the sugar when I fell of the wagon.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:14 PM   #10  
Former Quitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DramaQueenLucy View Post
Do you think it is suger withdrawel
It could definitely be sugar withdrawal. I was very addicted to sugar...six cups of coffee a day with about 4 tbsp or more of sugar per cup. I was eating a whole bag of hershey kisses all by myself in one day. The first three days on my diet, I felt nauseous and weak. Fortunately, the symptoms didnt last long. Hang in there..you'll make it through and feel even better than before.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:49 AM   #11  

I am now at day 5 and I was good yesterday not overly tired so it must have been the suger withdrawal. I am just really glad that it passed I couldn't take it.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:02 AM   #12  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

VERY glad to hear you're feeling better. VERY.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 08:07 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Glad that you're feeling better! Isn't it odd what sugar does to our bodies ~ it is an addiction, IMO. I feel so much better when I keep it out of my system now.
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 08:29 AM   #14  

I learned my lesson that is for sure wow that was really bad but this morning I woke up energized!!!! Thank God back to bein' a real live person
Old 01-19-2007, 08:32 AM   #15  
Former Quitter

Yay! So glad you made it through!