Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2002, 01:41 PM   #1  
Thin Within

Wink Steel Magnolias #137

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

WELCOME to all who come by here. We love people so stay awhile and let us get to know you during our trip down the road to thin.

JEAN you were #14 and that means a new thread needed to be started because #15 turns into a second page. I got a laugh about what you said that I could teach Fly Lady some thing. I will have to go check out her web site.

We took a drive and went to a fruit stand in a neighboring community. Got some lemons, oranges grapefruit, avacados, tangeloes...... real fresh and great looking. We bought a whole box of oranges to share. We were prompted to go there because when I wanted a lemon for my water ~ in the market they were selling them for a dollar each. Now that is totally ridiculous when this is the state where they grow and some are still on the trees. We got a three pound bag of lemons at the stand for a dollar and a quarter. That's a lot of lemons. I've not been drinking my water like I shoud and thought a nice squeeze of lemon would perk it up a bit and be more enjoyable.

Have a great Saturday all you flowers.
Old 01-27-2002, 01:39 PM   #2  

Happy Sunday, Flowers!
In a few minutes I have to go back to the church and take pictures of our organ packed in the semi. It was exciting to be back in our own sanctuary this morning -- we had a pretty full house at first service. We opted not to "pot luck" it today, mainly because I was too lazy to fix anything last night. We went out for breakfast instead.

Maggie -- In comparing you with FlyLady, I just meant that you must be an "organized and everything is in it's place" kind of gal. I've never bought more than one lemon at a time . . . will they keep quite a while? I like lemon in my water too! Some of the restaurants around here have even started doing that.

I hope to see some more Flowers checking in today. We hit 64 degrees yesterday and the weather was supposed to be just as nice today. However, the sun has disappeared and I don't think it will be as warm. The rest of the week is back to "normal" with colder temperatures and some snow predicted. Have a great afternoon!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 01-27-2002, 02:45 PM   #3  

Hi Everyone!!

How is everyone doing? It has been a while since I checked in, and I need to catch up by reading the other thread. My Mom is doing much better, and we are hoping that she can get out of the cardiac ICU unit soon.

I was so happy to hear that they are going to start a W. W. group meeting at the school where I work. That would make it much easier for me to get back on track. The meetings would be right after work for thirty minutes.

Well, I need to head out to the hospital...

I hope everyone has a great Sunday.
Old 01-27-2002, 05:58 PM   #4  
Web Nana

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

What a beautiful day! It was about mid fiftys and the sun was shining brightly. Saw a jogger today in his shorts (no shirt) and though it was warm I don't think it was quite that warm.

Today was the 6th anniversary Mass for SIL and then we went out for lunch with DD and GS. On the way home we stopped at DD #2's house and ended up staying to watch the Patriots win!!!!! I am not a dye hard fan but it was nice to see our boys win such an important game. Now, maybe they can do it again next week. Wouldn't that be something.
While we were at DD #2's we were 'loaned' another dog for the week. DH has really missed the company of Dunkin on his walks and now he has Moshup (Chocolate Lab) for this week's companion. The GK's were very compassionate and it was their idea that Pop Pop would be happy to play with Moshup. We will have her til Friday.

Friday is the our 11th annual progressive dinner. It is called the Brow Avenue Flurries. We will be bringing an entree--Sweet and Sour Meatballs. It is a crockpot meal and easy to assemble. Appetizers will be next door and the Entrees are 3 doors up the street and Dessert is diagonally across and down the street from us. With this proximity of houses there will be no need for coats and I hope no boots. Hate to go to someone's house and have to remove boots etc. Should be a good night. Saturday we go north for DH's annual reunion with his former workers. This is held at at Pub/Restaurant and I do hope the weather holds for this one. We will not go if we have a storm as it is more than an hour away and when you go that far north it can be like in another country, weatherwise!

MAGGIE Thanks for starting a new page. It doesn't take us long to fill up the pages.
I'll bet that fruit must taste delish... straight from the farm...nothing better.

JEAN That was an interesting site. LadyFly must really be an organized person. I am not very disorganized but sometimes lazy in the cleaning department. I always said if things are neat the dirt doesn't show so much.

LORRAINE Happy to hear that your mother is getting better. I am sure it will be a good day when she leaves the ICU. Better still when she comes home and you don't have to make the visit to the hospital. Having the WW meeting at work will be a big help. Good luck!

Gloria in MA.....I hear DH and Moshup are home from their walk so I will get off the computor for a while. Have a great week everone.
Old 01-27-2002, 10:26 PM   #5  

Good Evening, Flowers!
The temperature has dropped 20+ degrees and the wind has picked up considerably since earlier in the day. I guess the weatherman knew what he was talking about this time.

Lorraine -- it's good to see you! I'm glad your mom is doing better and I hope she is home soon. A WW meeting at work would be so nice -- no travel involved and lots of support on site!

Gloria -- enjoy your weather because it's going to change!
Your meatballs sound yummy! Would you share your recipe? I don't like such a regimented schedule as FlyLady makes, but it would be nice to have everything clean and organized all at one time! My mom always said that our dust bunnies were clean dust bunnies! I can stand a few piles but I hate the stickies and dust; DH can't see the crumbs, dust, etc., but the piles drive him nuts! I just tell him to leave my piles alone.

Well, I need to fold some towels and decide what I'm going to wear tomorrow. They probably turned the heat off at school so guess I will layer it, whatever it is! Have a marvelous Monday!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 01-27-2002, 11:26 PM   #6  
Thin Within

Smile Day #20

GOOD EVENING STEEL MAGNOLIAS

Ladies I am happy to report that I am feeling like a Steel Magnolia. I have been on my program now for 20 days straight and some of the days have been real struggles. But sturggle or not I came out on top and Thin Within was the winner. I am looking forward to my date with the iron monster tomorrow evening and certainly hope he reflects my hard work. They say it takes 28 days to make a habit ~ I am almost there and will let you know if it does get any easier.

JEAN lemons do freeze well if you slice them or juice them. When out eating I always ask for lemon or mostly lime. The limes they have to go to the bar and slice them and more often than not they bring me the whole thing all neatly sliced and arranged on a little dish.

LORRAINE that meeting at work sounds realy handy. Will Gen be going there also or does she work at a different school? I do hope your Mom continues to improve and will be home soon.

GLORIA please do post that recipe or send it to me also e-mail. I love meatballs and that sounds yummy. Your neighborhood certainly does sound like a neat one to live in with all those friendly neighbors willing to have get together events. Borrowing that pooch was nice. Is there one in your near future do you think?

Every flower have a great Monday. Where did the week go.......

Last edited by Maggie; 01-27-2002 at 11:28 PM.
Old 01-28-2002, 04:32 PM   #7  
Thin Within

Talking Day #21

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

I decided to stop by and saw that there had been so much action on the support section that this thread was about to fall off the bottom of the page. So here I am with not a lot to say but they are still predicting we will get a bit of snow tonight. It does that here in the mountains.

If any of you get the Cooking Light Magazine - check out the cover recipe of - I think it was this months issue or maybe last months (I tore the page out to save and no longer have the magazine and the page does not have a number or any identification on it). I made that Chicken-and-Brie Sandwich with Roasted Tomatoes for lunch and it was a definite do again. I cut my portion small and Cowboy's big so as to shave of a couple of points from mine. I used chicken that he had grilled yesterday so it was extra tasty. I think next time instead of using a portion of a French loaf I will use rolls since I pared the recipe down from 6 to 2 servings. And maybe use part skim Mozarella instead of the Brie. Brie is kinda spendy and what do I do with the rest of the piece? Anyway it is well worth the bother to make it.

Have a good afternoon ya'all

Last edited by Maggie; 01-28-2002 at 04:36 PM.
Old 01-28-2002, 10:12 PM   #8  
Thin Within

Default Day #21

GOOD EVENING STEEL MAGNOLIAS

Well here I am again......... I want to say that the iron monster did in fact reflect my hard work this past week and showed me 2.6 pounds down to make a total for the month of January 10.5 gone.

I am going to have another good week ~ Thin Within loves being fed.
Old 01-28-2002, 10:18 PM   #9  

Good Evening, Flowers!
BRRRR -- it's cold outside! We had a light freezing mist during the day which didn't amount to anything more than having to scrape the windshield after school.

Gloria -- thanks for sending the recipes to me! I'm going to give them a try but probably not until the weekend. Is it getting colder in your neighborhood yet?

Maggie -- I see by your statistics that you had another loss today. Congratulations! You are doing so well with this program! I like your graphic flowers -- someone at school said their tulips were sprouting. Boy are they going to be surprised! I keep thinking we will see confused robins one of these days. The ducks and geese are flying back north -- this has been a strange weather winter, that's for sure.

Have a terrific Tuesday, Flowers. The days are sure flying by fast!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 01-29-2002, 07:08 PM   #10  

Good Evening, Flowers!
It's been another cold and windy day here in my corner of the world. We had some snow flakes earlier but so far nothing stayed on the ground and I like it like that!

I just got home from WW and lost 1.6# -- I thought I hadn't done very well over the weekend but must have done something right. I give up trying to second guess the weight loss phenomenon!

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday . . . another week is flying by.

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 01-30-2002, 01:01 AM   #11  
Thin Within

Smile Day #22

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

It has been chilly here all day with frost to wake up this morning. Burrrrr I am still feeding Thin Within this day. I have hopes of completing another successful week. It feels so good to be back at it.

JEAN CONGRATULATIONS on that weight loss - 1.6 is great! Have another successful week to follow that one.

Nighty night flowers. I am going to make an early night of it. Everyone have a great Wednesday.
Old 01-30-2002, 06:56 PM   #12  
Web Nana

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

It has been another good day here but tomorrow WINTER is to rear it's ugly head again. My optimism is at work and I believe it will only be rain in these parts.

We received a call from DS last evening to inform us that Catalina had arrived. She came into the world at 8:35 PM by C/Section after 18 hrs of labor. This is their second child. They have Nick 5 yrs 5 1/2 months. All is well with everyone. I can hardly wait for the pictures. This is #9, 6 boys & 3 girls. We are very happy. We will, most definitly, start making plans for a trip to NC sometime in the Spring. Maybe April or June as we have 3 here who will be receiving their First Communion in May. Must stay here for that event.

JEAN Wow! 1.6 #s that is great. Whatever you are doing, keep it up. Yes, it is getting colder now but Tuesday the temperature was in the 60's. Go figure!!!!!

We still have our loaner dog and she is so much livelier than Dunkin. Of, course she is only 3 and he was 12. We just heard that another dog, Golden Retriever like Dunkin, had to be put down the same day. Also 12 yrs. old. Quite a coincidence.

Gloria in MA.....looking forward to a quiet evening.
Old 01-31-2002, 12:42 PM   #13  
Thin Within

Smile Day #24

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

A chilly morning it is this last day of January here in the forest. A bit of a nip in the breeze and I do believe it frosted everything last night. But it didn't freez me in my tracks - this is day 24 and I am in control. WOW I amaze myself.

GLORIA Congratulations on the new addition. What joy to have a new baby born into the family and baby and mother are doing fine. It happens that way ~ younger dogs are livelier than the older ones. Have fun with that loaner. I loved your tree. I am providing a place for us to sit a spell if you don't mind.......

Have a meaningful 31 ya'all.
Old 01-31-2002, 04:37 PM   #14  

Default hi

Hi everyone again,

Yes it is me. The gal that shows up for one post then seems to disappear for months at a time. Maggie sent me an email to ask
if I would come back so here I am again. I was attending WW with my sister in law but she quit. She was gaining weight and
felt it wasnt' worth the money if she wasn't going to do it.
I lost 7 lbs at that point. Went off the wagon over the holidays.
Re-committed after the New Year. I weigh myself Thursday
mornings and weighed 186 the first thursday of the New Year and this morning I weighed 183. That's about where I stand.
Otherwise life is moving along. I know when Maggie's weigh day is. But I am not sure where the rest of you stand on your programs.

Cindy
Old 01-31-2002, 07:00 PM   #15  
Thin Within

Smile Day #24 and hummin' along

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Hello CINDY good to see you back. Changing your name got you started all over again fresh. CONGRATULATIONS on that 3 pounds gone in January. You are on your way down this road to thin. If you have stick-too-it-tive-ness this time it will all come off and you will be at goal before you know it. I don't know how much you want to lose but this is certainly a start and there is no time like now. Anything I can do to help let me know for I am there for you all the way.

Everyone doing OK out there?
Closed Thread