View Poll Results: What is your Favorite Health Food?
Fruit 4 50.00%
Veggies 1 12.50%
Whole Grains 2 25.00%
Lean Protein 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 05:59 AM   #1  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Cool Jaded Ladies...........Food for Thought

Hello and Welome to the Jaded Ladies Food for Thought..........

Here we can share our daily Food intakes, Food Questions, Food tips, even share some figure-friendly recipes!

I'm not sure if this will even be a popular thread, if not I'm sure Jane or Marti will close it........

But I figured there may be some people who are interested!

So come, join us, share your Food for Thought............
Old 01-15-2007, 12:47 PM   #2  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good thread Sassy!

I voted for fruit but have to say I have favorites of all. But I think if I had to I could live on fruit alone. My favorites are oranges, banana's, apples, strawberries, pineapple, cantaloupe, watermelon and plums. The problem is I seem to not eat enough.

Sharing our daily intakes is a good idea as well. Can't wait to see what everyone else posts!
Old 01-15-2007, 01:16 PM   #3  
GmaTo8

Sassy - I didn't vote for any particular one, because I truly love them all.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:26 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Jane, I'm the same although not as keen on veggies. Berries are my very favourite but I voted for lean protein because it keeps my blood sugar in a good place.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:47 PM   #5  
~Believe~

Wink

Thanks Ladies.

I voted for Whole Grains, because they fill me up more quickly and are very healthy for me.

I figured I wanted to get serious about my eating, so I figured this was the way to do it. I remember when we were living in Upstate NY, I went to my dr and totally broke down because I was so miserable about my weight, he told me to write down everything I ate and to exercise everyday and to count calories and so that is what I did and you know what? It totally worked for me! So I thought okay I can do that again!

So far I've only had water to drink, as I just woke up.

Happy to have you all aboard!

Old 01-15-2007, 05:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 166

Height: 5'4"

Great Idea!!

I have been so enjoying fruits. AND most of them. Apples, Oranges, Peaches, Pineapple and bananas. The latest tid bit I picked up from Cooking Light said "try new foods" and "cook more" I have been trying to do both and feel like I have done better:-)
Old 01-15-2007, 10:34 PM   #7  
~Believe~

Arrow Sassy Reporting in!

Well Reporting in As promised.

I had a Corned Beef & Coleslaw sandwich on Rye Bread & FF, but they were baked in the oven, not fried......

Then we went to Wally World and I got some Sara Lee All-Natural 100% Whole Wheat with Honey Bread. I couldn't find any other Whole Grain Bagels, except for Thomas's and I had those last time and they tasted like Tree Bark, only I would imagine Tree Bark has a better flavor! lol. DH did pick me up some WW's brand, but they weren't much better either. So I'll just do with out!

I even found some Whole Grain Cereal for my Breading for my Boneless, Skinless Chicken, its called: Uncle Sam Cereal Whole-Grain Wheat Flakes & Crispy Whole Flaxseed, 10 oz and @ Wally World its only $1.96 and online it is over $2! (Look for it on the Top Shelf, where they put the "Healthy" Cereals) lol.
Ingredients:
Whole Wheat Kernels, Whole Flaxseed, Salt, Barley Malt, Niacin, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Thiamin Mononitrate (Vitamin B1).

They also make Oatmeal!

Okay well I'm off now to get in some more water before bedtime -- yup thats right folks, the "night owl" has to join the "day shift" people tomorrow and go in for training!

Have a Great Night!
Old 01-17-2007, 03:16 PM   #8  
One day at a time

Cornbeef and coleslaw sounds good Sassy!

Speaking of oatmeal...I had it for breakfast. I really need to fix it more than I do. I bought some Special-K with the strawberries last week and had a bowl, ick. Okay, I like strawberries but not in cereal and they taste bitter/sour, even V didn't like it and he's like Mikey...he likes everything, lol. So bought just the regular, plain Special-K.

Had 3/4 cup of cottage cheese with 6 saltines and an apple for lunch and I am thinking maybe a chicken salad for dinner again. I had some leftover chicken breasts from a couple of nights ago and made a chicken salad for myself last night. Going to have to eat more because I really do like salad and don't eat enough of it. I need to do like my Aunt did and serve it with dinner every night.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:37 PM   #9  
~Believe~

Cool

Hey all.

It was very good, Cristina! I know corned beef probably not the best of choices, but I'm sure not the worst!

I didn't do so well today....... I had a deli sandwich and fries, not oven baked........ But tonight we're having boiled potatoes and cabbage w/ brats. I know Brats aren't the best of choices but I probably will only eat 1, 2 at the most because I'm not a big "Brats" person, its more for DH.

You are doing a very Good Job, Cristina!
Old 01-17-2007, 09:49 PM   #10  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

I voted for the fruit. When I go low fat, I need the fruit to keep things moving. Sorry, it's just the nurse in me to talk about bodily functions!!
Old 01-18-2007, 03:31 PM   #11  
One day at a time

Hi ya ladies...

Sassy...funny, we had boiled potatoes a couple of nights ago. I take that back...the kids had boiled potatoes and bbq chicken, I had a chicken salad with the leftover breasts I had. It was quite good too! I've never been a brat person but they look and smell good!

Doing okay today. DD is home and wanted pizza for lunch and knowing this I skipped breakfast. I know, I know...I don't normally skip breakfast because I don't feel good when I do. But I didn't want to overdo on the calories and pizza and the crazy bread always get me. But the good thing is...by the time I got to the pizza it was icky. I took two slices and warmed up in the micro but it was still nasty. I hate 3/4 of the one and the crust of the other. Oh and the few little pieces of pineapple on it. But had too many breaksticks (crazy bread). That is why I am having oatmeal for dinner, lol.

I plan on being down at least 1 pound this week so...
Old 01-22-2007, 07:03 AM   #12  
~Believe~

well we never did get that boiled potatoes/cabbage & brats!

We'll make it this week though.......
Old 01-23-2007, 05:35 AM   #13  
~Believe~

Question Healthy Quick & Easy Meal Ideas?

Okay Ladies.........What are your favorite Healthy EASY TO FIX meals? If you don't have any of those, some tips would be awesome! DH & I work nights/weekend & 10 hr. shifts so it can be difficult at times to prepare healthy & quick meals!

TY!
Old 01-24-2007, 01:38 AM   #14  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Sassy...One quick side dish is stir fried veggies. Do the prep work of the veggies ahead of time and keep bunches on hand. They can then be eaten raw with dip or thrown in a wok/frying pan. I use olive oil and soy sauce sometimes, or olive oil and garlic/basil when I don't want an oriental flavor.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:31 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 166

Height: 5'4"

This is my latest crave..quick -easy and unusual. I have used it as an appetizer with lowfat corn chips or as a side for grilled meat!

2 cups of coarsly chopped Avocado
1/3 Cup chopped red onion
2 tbls. fresh squeezed lime juice
1/4 teasp salt
1 15 oz can black beans
Combine - Chill and Serve- It is fabulous!

serving size 1/4 cup- 63 Calories, Fat 3.9 (sat .05) Protein 1.8, fiber 3g, Chol -0 Iron .07, Sodium 95mg

Enjoy
Closed Thread