Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2002, 11:43 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default ~~~~~week Of Jan 27th!!!!!!!!!

Good Morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, the diet really officially starts today!!!Refman is giving me $10/lb with healthclub/workout bonuses!!!I decided that I really didnt have time for WW meetings soo I have the WW at home from before and I will journal with Scuttle and Lauren on the other thread and make REfman pay me!!!My goal is a total of 15lbs and I want to do it before AF in March when I can attempt the pg thing again..Money is the motivator!!!Plus, Refman said that we can go on a cruise in May even if there is a baby on the way for our 1yr anniversary!!!!

Well, off to run errands!!!Let's all do this in 2002~~~~~~
Vicki
Exc=29miles

Last edited by RoadRunner; 01-27-2002 at 05:32 PM.
Old 01-27-2002, 12:21 PM   #2  

Goodmorning!

We have SNOW! This is so unusual for us. We are getting mixed reports. Some say we will have it all week and others say it will be gone by tomorrow. You never know here.

RR, The cruise sounds like fun! What area would you cruise? I hear they now have cruise ships leaving right out of NO. I would love to do the Greek Isle cruise but that will have to wait for awhile. We are going back to Mexico the end of May.
We can both use our vacations as added motiviation.

I think we did fine at the Greek restruant last night. We really picked over the menu and made the best choices.

Everyone have a great day.
Old 01-27-2002, 01:38 PM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

I'm at work...yeah, it's Sunday...remember I said my boss and the boss from the UK were here all week? Well, I found out Friday afternoon that due to a family emergency, the other trainer that was coming for Orientation this week can't come, so my boss is doing it herself. That means more stress for me. Anyway, I had to leave here on time to bring the UK boss back to his hotel Friday, so I'm here today, to finish getting things ready for tomorrow! Have to bring the boxes of binders down to the training room, make sure it's set up right, and make 3 more binders, because of last minute registrations.

Anyway, since the PC's on the fritz at home, and the MAC annoyed me too much, I thought I'd check in here!

Have a great day, and if I get a chance, I'll check in tomorrow!
Old 01-27-2002, 03:45 PM   #4  

hello everyone!

Doing great so far this week. Seem to be over the 'hungry phase' I was in. Hopefully anyway. I've been having skinny cows for a nighttime snack & they're so good. That, and my old standby of popcorn.

RR - the parade does sound like so much fun! ~ Good luck with ww! ~ The cruise sounds like a real fun thing to look forward to.

Nanci - Enjoy the snow! It is warm here (60's). ~ Sometimes it is SO hard to figure those points when you eat out. I just always guess the best I can. I've been counting points for so long, you'd think it would be easy.

Lauren - bummer that you are working on Sunday!

Have a great day and week all!

Rabbit
68.801 miles
Old 01-28-2002, 09:15 AM   #5  

Hi! Plugging right along here. We did take a family walk yesterday and that was nice - Til Weston fell in the little creek behind our house - actually that was very funny. He was so upset because his favorite dragon shirt was wet and I'd have to wash it again. He is into that "its my favorite shirt I want to wear it all the time phase". He is so OCD about things...we went thru the dinosaur stage where he 'stalked' everyone and roared and people thought he was having 'fits', then the lizzard stage where he walked like those lizzards that kind of take a half step backward to go forward and the tongue was flicking out to catch food...and now we're into dragons. The pictures he draws look more like deamons and I wonder how the kid sleeps at night. Whats next I wonder???

A little heavy on the food this weekend - went out to eat several times but I am wearing a pair of jeans I haven't worn since 1995 - my favorite pair of jeans. I'm going to go to Springfield in a little while and go shopping (I have a $365 gift card to spurge with).

Goal this week:
Drink water!!!
Work out 3 times!!!

- jul
Old 01-28-2002, 10:08 AM   #6  
LBH

Hi All,

Well, it's been a rough weekend, eating wise. We were busy all day Saturday, and Sunday...except for the time I was at work...cleaning out the old apartment and moving stuff! The MBR is finally done and painted. The kitchen is all packed, just have to clean it now. The 2nd BR is not done, still have some of DH's art stuff in there, and some coats of his (he has more jackets and shoes than me!!) I stacked everything in the LR against the wall that's packed and ready to go. There's at least a p/u full, and probably an XTerra full ready to go!! I haven't even touched the big closet, where all the wedding presents and other stuff we don't use all the time is!! That'll be an XTerra full. We have to be out Thursday. DH wants to finish painting tonight and have everything out by Wednesday night. I have bowling tomorrow night, and he has an officer's mtg. at the firehouse, so we can't get there tomorrow night. Man, I hope we win the lottery by the next time we move, so we can hire movers!!

Jul- Funny about DS and the dinosaurs! What is OCD? Congrats on the jeans and have fun with that gift card!!

Rabbit- Glad the hungry phase is gone! It's supposed to be 66 here today!! I'm excited...wish I could play hooky!!

Nanci- Hope you're enjoying the snow!! Did it stick around, or melt away?! You're welcome to keep it there, I don't want anymore...one nice snow was plenty for me...I'm ready for warm again!

RR- Sounds like you made out good on the deal with Refman!! Good for you!!

Have a great day all!
Old 01-28-2002, 10:42 AM   #7  

Mind if I join in?? I've been watching you guys. I started posting in the food journal last week and it's really helping me to stick with it. I love reading what everyone else eats (Bailey, I wish I could have sushi so often!!)

LBH -- I'm tired just reading about your weekend. I hate moving. I did it 4 times in 6 years and threw stuff away each time. Now I'm settled in with my hubby collecting new junk.

Juldiet -- Isn't it great to fit into clothes again!! I have a pair of jeans that I used to not be able to pull over my hips. I can get them on and buttoned now but they're still a little too snug for me. Soon!!

RR -- $10/lb? WOW!!! I wish I had that kind of incentive. My hubby is trying to lose to but his comes off much easier than mine does.

Nanci -- Snow??? It's in the 80's here in sunny Florida. But I do miss the changing of seasons and playing in the white stuff.

I had a good weekend but splurged here and there. I figured after five hours of hardcore house cleaning I could enjoy that piece of apple pie and ice cream. Now it's Monday and back to the grind!
Old 01-28-2002, 12:13 PM   #8  
Phat Chick

Hi all

Aunt Flo is in town, six days early Hubby has been in "keep out of wife's way" mode. I have had tea all day, dinner cooked, the kitchen tidied, he even went out and bought me some jelly beans caused I "needed" sugar

RR $10 a lb! Does Refman want a surrogate wife Plus bonuses - I'm jealous The cruise sounds wonderful, just what you both need.
Backfor2002 no snow here, but some terrible wind and rain. plus it gets dark around 4pm. Feel like I am living in permanent darkness.
Rabbit what are skinny cows, everyone keeps on mentioning them. Is this another wonderful US thing, that I am never likely to see or taste?
Juldiet my nephews both went through the monster/dinosaur thing, but not the lizard! I have visions of flicking out tongues
LBH seems like you've been moving for ever!!! When my sister moved hubby and I were her movers talk about disorganised!!!! She had nothing packed, the wardrobe and chest of drawers were still full and the guy moving in had his van waiting outside!!!!
lizzard_h welcome we like lurkers, but we like posters even more

'lo to everyone one else and hope you are all doing okay.

That's it for now, gonna see if I can con hubby into one more day of extra care

Old 01-28-2002, 01:13 PM   #9  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Default HI!!

Hope everyone's having a good Monday!! I had a bad food weekend although I'm trying to learn not to beat myself up over it. I've gotten better at that and at getting right back on track. It helps a lot. Last week I finally lost 1.5 lbs and then promptly put it back on this weekend. I'm hoping to have a great week and see it disappear. I don't know if I'm going to make my Valentine's Day goal yet (although I haven't given up) and it makes me sad. I knew the goal would be a bit of a stretch so I'm really hoping to just get as close as possible. The goals really help me focus but they're also what makes me get mad at myself. Still over two weeks to go but I doubt I'll lose 5 pounds by then!!

BFB - I don't get skinny cows here either and I hear they're great!! how many points are they anybody who knows?? I make due with my low fat oreos and maybe some light ice cream. Lately I've been eating some light jello which seems to help with the sugar craving but not with the chocolate but I've gotten much better than I used to be. Haven't heard about those pringles in a while, does that mean they've been banished for good??

Lauren - moving is ****, what more can I say - hopefully it will just be over soon.

Jul - last week I also got the urge to try on some old clothes and found 3 pairs of pants that now fit!! It was so exciting. Two pairs of jeans (one of which I didn't even remember having) and one nice summer pair of pants. That was sooooo exciting for me.

Rabbit - glad things are going better and I also love my microwave popcorn!!

Back to work! Have a great day!

Elisa
Old 01-28-2002, 01:36 PM   #10  

Default I'm new

I am trying to figure out how everything works around her. I posted my bios in the bios section, but I would like to know more about your points system before I post in the "what I ate" category.

Dh and I just decided last week to loose our weight. They are having a contest at work to see who can loose the most weight. The funny thing is, he is the only one who has lots to loose; 70+ while the rest only need to loose 20# or less. I need to loose 80+.

So far, I am doing pretty good (considering this was my daughter's 12th birthday weekend, and DH's company had a big tada Saturday night). I have been increasing my water intake, and decreasing my sugar intake and eating at home, instead of at fast food restaurants.

I hate exercise, but I realize that it is necessary; so I have an old Susan Powter exercise tape that I am going to use. I like that one because it shows lots of different people levels of fitness, and you can use it at what ever level you need. (Which for me right now, I am doing good to get off of my couch.)
Old 01-28-2002, 02:03 PM   #11  
LBH

Hi All,

Lyssa- Welcome! Some of us...actually, I think most of us, to some extent, do Weight Watchers. Some of us just watch what we eat, or have another plan of our own. The Points come from the WW system. Have you ever done it before? It's a great program that's easy to follow...and no retrictions! You don't have to post your food journal online, but if you'd like to, you don't have to post points, you can just list what you ate. If you don't already write down everything you eat, it's very enlightening...try it for a couple days and you'll see!

Elisa- I can't remember if I ever tried Skinny Cows or not, but I love the TCBY chocolate sorbet bars! I get them at BJ's wholesale club...do you have them there? You can get them in the regular supermarket too, but not in the big boxes! They're really creamy and worth every bite...and penny! At BJ's I pay around 6.79/box of ~20, I think...which I think is very reasonable. I definitely recommend them, if you can find them. Congrats on fitting into the pants!

BPB- I see the old hag is playing games with you too?! She's not supposed to be here until around next Tuesday, but she's been here messing with me since last week!! Dam her!! Your sister's moving fiasco sounds like us...DH is a bigger procrastinator than me...which just blows my mind...and we didn't get a whole lot packed early, like I told him we should!! So we've been packing as we go. We have no choice but to be done moving by Thursday, then the unpacking/finding a home for everything fun begins.

Liz- Welcome to the Weekly thread! Glad journaling has been helping you. Along with being big procrastinators, DH and I are also the two biggest pack rats I know!! Actually, I do know people worse than us, but for the amount of space we have, we have waay too much stuff!!

Well, thankfully my day has calmed down a little this afternoon. Have a great rest of the day all...
Old 01-28-2002, 02:53 PM   #12  

Lauren: OCD = obsessive compulsive disorder.

Lizzard: welcome!! We'll be in Fl in April. Have to be in Aiken SC for mil's 70th birthday bash then going on to FL for vacation time ending in Naples for a Mole Hole convention.

Elisa: good job on 3 pair of old/new pants! Its so fun!!

Lyssalou: Welcome!! I used to have several Susan Powter videos - I liked her alot. Back in the early 90's I lost 40 lbs by going no-fat and following her videos listening to her tapes, etc.. My husband called her my "no-fat guru". Going no-fat was bad because one day I went on the deep end and couldn't stomach another bite of no-fat cheese and gained all the weight plus some. I've been on the lookout for some of her exercise tapes though - would like to have one again.

Weston (5) and I had a nice time in Springfield this morning. I used my Certificate for another little diamond bracelet (my losing weight 'good job' certificate). We went to Petsmart to get some crickets for our lizzards and dog food for the puppy. We then ate at TGIFriday's and Weston didn't give our waiter the 'dragon lecture' (thank goodness). I ate about 1/3 of my soup and 1/3 of my salad. Very full !

I should take the boys for a walk its so beautiful and hot here! Had to change from my turtle neck/sweater into a t-shirt! - jul
Old 01-28-2002, 03:03 PM   #13  

Hi all!

Jul - yeah on fitting into the 1995 jeans!

Lauren - oh, I pity you the moving too! Every time we move, I say never again.

Lizzard - Welcome!! Where in Florida are you?

BPB - Nice of dh to take care of you! ~ Skinny cows are ice cream sandwiches. They are 2 points each and are good sized. I like the vanilla best so far - although there is supposed to be a mint chocolate one that I have yet to see. At my store they also have strawberry & chocolate. ~ Something else I had last night that I have not had in awhile & it was VERY good - WW chocolate chip muffins. Yummy! They're in the freezer section & you warm them up in the microwave. 3 pts. each. Worth it!

Elisa - Hang in there! ~ I don't know what I'd do without popcorn. So filling and so little points. ~ Hooray for the pants that fit!!

Lyssalou - Welcome!

Forgot to mention, tomorrow I get my braces off! WooHoo! I wonder if I will miss them??

Rabbit
Old 01-28-2002, 05:33 PM   #14  
Phat Chick

Did my Tae-Bo tape for the first time in forever - 30 mins - 1 mile - therefore 8 miles cumulative so far
Old 01-28-2002, 08:19 PM   #15  

Default I'm So excited!!!

I checked out some of the exercise links here in the site, and found a great one. www.workoutplan.com It gave me a really easy workout schedule that I will be able to do more often than the Susan Powter. I thought I would do what they say, and enhance it with SP.

What is Skinny Cows? Never heard of them.

What is snow? Here in Texas we don't have a clue as to what that is. We took the kids to a Christmas event, and they had snow cone ice for snow. Too weird for me!!!

Dh doesn't have money to pay me for loosing weight, but his work (not sure how that is going to work) is going to give the person in his group who looses the most weight $50; and he said that if he won, and I lost more than him, he would give me the $50.
Closed Thread