Old 01-02-2007, 12:29 PM   #1  

Default Over 50 & Getting Lighter Jan/Feb

Morning Ladies...Here is our new home for the next couple of months. Hope you all had a safe and Happy New Year's Eve.

Hy...I spent the two weeks my Hubby had off getting his computer room/office painted, and started moving his things up to the room. It use to be a bedroom for one of the foster kids, but since we only have one child right now, I decided to move my Hubby back to his room and get his car parts and stuff out of my living room/dining room area. It was no fun trying to get his big rolltop desk up the stairs, but we did it. I told him if and when we move, he will hire someone to move it down cause I'm not doing it!!

Have you warmed up yet? That's so funny, because I would be wearing short with the temps you are having. We got 14 inches of heavy wet snow on Dec 30th. Still waiting for the grater to come out and clear the roads. Thank God for four wheel drive.

Carol...Are you still without snow? I can't believe that this was our first Christmas without snow since we moved here. Of course it made up for it last Saturday, and it seems every year we get ready for winter to come and some machinery will always be broke when you need it. My Hubby went out to start the loader so he could move snow and it has a flat tire. Filled the tire and it won't hold air. So I told him to hook up the rack we pull in the summer time to keep our driveway free of weeds. It did a pretty good job, but we still need to shovel snow so we can get our car to either go forward or backward onto what has been packed down.

It's a beautiful day here today and we are suppose to be back to 40 degrees tomorrow. I also spent the last couple of weeks cutting out another quilt. Made a set of placemats, pillowcases and embroidered two sweatshirt jackets. I also got myself back on program starting the day after christmas. I'm happy to report that I'm down to 334 as of this morning.
New Years Eve, we spent the evening with friends and I took a container of cut up veggies, grapes, FF Ranch dressing and weight watchers pretzels. Never touched the salsa or chips. Yeah for me!!!!

Donna...Hey girl, only 6 months till graduation. If I can loose 2 lbs a week, I figured I could have 44 lbs off by June 2nd, but would settle for 35. I just want to see 299 and know I can do it!

Have a great day and here is some for all of us to share.

Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:54 PM   #2  

Yes we still have no snow and it may get to 50 here this week. We are supposed to go visit my daughter in Portland on the 16th so hope the snows stays away until the 24th when we return. ha!
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2007~!!!!
CAROL: Send some of that 50 degree weather my way. We ended up with a foot of fresh snow on Friday, so of course we didn't get out to our DD. It is up to 21 degrees this afternoon. Sounds like we could get rain towards the end of the week. Right now about 60 miles east of us there are about 15,000 to 20,000 residents without power because of ice storms this weekend. We stayed home New Year's Eve, just too cold and the roads too treacherous to be out. Watched some of the celebrations of tv, without snacking, I might add. LOL That is really a tragic happening. How awful for everyone but especially his family. Guess we just never know.

HY: Welcome back, sorry you are so cold out there in PHX Sorry that was naughty of me. Hope you get sunshine soon.

CHERYL: Showoff !!!! How do you get all those projects done? I need to practice some of that patience that Hy mentioned and maybe I could get some of my projects accomplished. Hope the grader made it past your house and you are right about 4 wheel drive. Congrats on the weight loss. I didn't come into work until 1 today so I didn't weigh, I like to do it in the morning. Guess it really doesn't matter that much.You did good on your New Year's Eve snacks, they sound pretty good.I know you will see 299 by graduation, I bet you'll be down even more than that. I'm pulling for you.
Let's work really hard, We can do it!!!!

I'd better go see if I can get some more ice off of the sidewalk out front before tomorrow, no ice melt to be found in town and I hate to use water softener salt,it's so hard on the cement. Talk to you later this week, keep up the good work
REMEMBER:" If you have a craving for something, take 2 bites, the first 2 bites of any food always have the most flavor,after that you are just "feeding"

DONNA
Donna72664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 07:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/169.5/150

Height: 5'9"

Thank you Cheryl for starting the new thread for the next couple months!

A very Happy New Year to all and it's very encouraging to read the positive things going on with everyone's programs. Yes, some challenges, but I like the positive attitudes I'm hearing.

For New Years Eve I made several snack trays of simple things like veggies, fruits, cheese and some sliced ham. That worked well for us. My DH was under the weather so we just stayed in and watched TV. It was actually kind of a nice time - I needed to relax!

The only bad thing was that I made some decaf coffee that evening and although I ground the beans myself, it must have been packaged incorrectly because I was just buzzing, still awake at 2 AM. I still haven't had a chance to catch up on that sleep either...maybe tonight.

Hy
hyacinth merry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:07 PM   #5  

Evening Ladies...I had a GREAT DAY! Had my Weight Watchers weigh-in and I was down 6 lbs by their scale. My ticker is correct, and I hope I do as well next week. Not expecting another 6 pounds, but a loss of anything each week for the next 6 months would be GREAT!!.

Hy...Sounds like you had a very nice New Years staying home and watching TV.
My Hubby and I went to a friends house and played "Penny Porker". It was a fun evening and I did good eating the snacks I packed for myself.

Had a beautiful day today with record highs. We hit 47, so it started melting all that snow we got. I drove through our yard about 10 times to pack the snow down so my DH can get the car out tomorrow.

Have a wonderful evening.

Cheryl
Old 01-05-2007, 09:59 AM   #6  

CHERYL: 6 LBS. WOW that is super. I knew you would do it. I'm so proud of you. Keep up the good work.

HELLO TO CAROL AND HY

We had warm weather yesterday and saw most of the ice melt off of the streets, thank goodness. Suppose to get an inch or two of snow today again.

Well I started the iVillage challenge yesterday. Wednesday I started on an exercise program. Decided this time to start out slow on the exercising instead of trying to be some star athlete right off the bat, still hurts.
Think I will stay with my Change One Plan as far as eating, I know it works for me, but will read all the advise they have,who knows I might learn something. LOL

Hope you gals are all having a good week, and have a great weekend. I read this on one of the sites I was visiting ,
"SMALL CHANGES FOR BIG DIVIDENDS"

Till Monday, DONNA
Old 01-06-2007, 09:30 PM   #7  

Donna...I was pretty shocked by 6 lbs as well. Did you see the new "People", it was on people that have lost over half their size. Anyway, I decided to still stick with Weight Watchers points, but I'm switching things up a bit. I having dinner for Breakfast and breakfast for dinner. Sounds a bit crazy to some people, but if you think about it, I'm eating the heavyest meal first and have all day to work it off. I've done it for two days and have no cravings. Today I couldn't follow it since I had a dinner to go to tonight, so I ate very lite today. Can't wait for Wednesday to see what the scales have to say.

We are suppose to get 1 to 2 inches of snow tonight, but we also have 60 mile per hour winds coming in, so we are talking BLIZZARD if it happens.

Hy and Carol...Hope you are having a good weekend.

Well ladies, I was gone all day yesterday and didn't get home till after 9, and I have been gone most of today and just got home. Going to put my feet up and relax. Have a good weekend and I'll see you on Monday.

Cheryl
Old 01-09-2007, 02:39 PM   #8  

GOOD AFTERNOON LADIES, How is everyone doing ? Hope you had a good weekend and got rested up. I'm really glad to get back to normal,whatever that is !! Finally got all of my Christmas stuff packed away, now my house looks so bare.

Well I told you I was doing the iVillage challenge. Seems like they make it so complicated. A site for the diet, one for the exercise, one to keep track of it all.SOOOO, I am doing my own thing as far as eating and Prevention has a great plan for exercises with pictures and everything so am using that. I figure if I use enough tools I have no excuse for this not working.

Oh Cheryl,HELP, my gd called and graduation is May 14. I am really going to have to hustle now.

Just wanted to check in, am on my way to the treadmill then today I have to do my strength training too. Talk to you soon.

DONNA
Old 01-10-2007, 10:43 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/169.5/150

Height: 5'9"

Sorry to be MIA - again!! And running through here today at breakneck speed but just wanted to say hi.

Cheryl that loss is absolutely fantastic!! I know you have worked hard for this too. I'm so pleased for you!

Donna you are making me feel guilty now (just kidding!) for still having BOTH my Xmas trees still up - lol!! It was been one thing after another here - appliances going whacky, my DH was sick, repairpeople here almost every day - in other words: Chaos! Maybe I can start this weekend and get those ornaments and trees put away.

At least the outdoor lights were all taken down and boxed for storage. Baby steps...

Btw, I'm here to offer support and encouragement to help you reach the graduation date goal!

I had a serious talk (again - hehe) with DH about BOTH of our food programs. I've been doing Atkins - the smart version for a year now. DH does not have any weight issues, but his sugar is slowly creeping up and I believe the low-carb diet would help him with that situation - anything to prevent the onset of Diabetes and having to take meds. I would benefit too as then we would just eat that way, period. No me having to buy separate groceries for myself. Anyway, he seems agreeable so we're going to make the "official" start date next week - I have to get to the grocery store first - lol!!

So that's the news from our hectic household. Sending hugs and good wishes to all

Hy
hyacinth merry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:41 PM   #10  

Hi Ladies...Just a quick pop-in for tonight. Hubby and I have been under the weather with the flu since Monday. Don't feel like doing anything but sleep and stay under the covers. Had to go to town today, and let me tell you, I was bundled up big time. It was sooooooo cold out, -12...with wind chill we were -35 to 40 below. I'll try to get back here tomorrow and do personals.

cheryl
Old 01-15-2007, 10:18 AM   #11  

GOOD MORNING LADIES

CHERYL: Sorry to hear that you and DH have been ill. Stay in bed and try to stay warm. I was complaining about -25 with the wind, but hey compared to you that is warm Hope you get to feeling better soon.

HY: Good for you having a talk with your DH about his eating too. I have tried that and it works for awhile. My DH has such a sweet tooth ! Thanks for the Graduation support, I'm going to need all the help I can get.

As for me I have been doing really good until yesterday. It was cold and had been snowing since Friday night. I made a big pot of ham and beans for lunch and cornbread of course. Had a good breakfast, my oatmeal, and the soup for lunch.THEN, mid afternoon it was like I was possessed. I couldn't find enough junk to eat. I was so mad at myself, but I'm back on track this morning. Still have my exercises to do,but I promise I will get to them.
I weighed myself when I got to work and I'm down 2 lbs so far this month. If I can keep going I should be back to my tracker weight by the end of the month, or if I'm lucky a little lower. Just have to push myself everyday to do this. Unfortunately, none of my friends here worry about their weight, that is they talk about it all the time, but they don't believe in exercise or trying to watch what they eat, so they aren't much help to me. They are good about saying nice things when I have lost weight but they kind of laugh and say " yea, like you need to lose" Oh well, I have you gals to make me feel good about myself when I do good. THANK YOU SO MUCH
Where did our new friend Carol go ??

Guess I had better go it's that time. DONNA
Old 01-15-2007, 02:26 PM   #12  

Afternoon Ladies...Finally over the bug I had and back on track with my eating. I totally blew it last night and ate 5 taco's, and if I had junk food in my house I would of had that as well. I just couldn't get satisfied. This morning I had FF vanilla yogurt and 1 1/2 c strawberries. Lunch was LC Pepperoni pizza, 1 c mushrooms, hand full of baby carrots and 2 TB of FF Ranch dressing. Planning on having a grilled boneless pork chop and a salad for dinner.

Donna...We are so cold our Suburban won't start. So much for block heaters! At least we don't have to deal with any fresh snow or freezing rain like you are having. We are suppose to warm up to 25 by Wednesday. Yippie!!!!
Congrats on loosing 2 pounds, that great!

Hy...Hope you had a good weekend in your warmer weather. Enjoy!

I'm not weighing myself till next week, since I have been sick and not eating like I should. Hope for a nice loss next week.

Cheryl
Old 01-15-2007, 08:06 PM   #13  

Boy, You all sound just like me with those ups and downs......wish it were mostly downs. I did get in a beautiful walk today in the snow......first good snow we've had and kids and grandkids were outside enjoying it even though it was only 15 degrees. I went for a mile hike and probably could have gone longer except for the cold. I've lost a little weight but it feels like hardly anything with what I had gained on the prednisone.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 02:29 PM   #14  

Carol, so glad to have you back, we missed you. Romping in the snow with the grandkids and kids is so much fun. I envy those who have theirs close enough to do that. Prednisone !!! yikes that stuff is so hard on weight loss, but if you have lost some that is great. Keep up the good work. it all counts
Old 01-16-2007, 03:25 PM   #15  

Carol...Glad to have you back. Are you still leaving for Portland tomorrow? Is that Oregon or some other state? A walk in the snow with the grandkids sounds so nice. I'm like Donna, I envy you! I plan on going mall walking with a couple of my friends before our weight watchers meeting tomorrow. Way to cold to go out and walk. We still have below zero temps, so no way I'm walking outside.

Donna...How's your weather? Hope it warms up for you by the weekend. We might see 30 on Saturday, which would be great. I would really like to see above 35 so some of this snow and ice would melt. As cold as it has been, you would think the lakes would be completely frozen, but they aren't. Had a teen riding a snowmobile across a lake hit open water, they still haven't found him. So sad and terrible for his family.

Still doing good on my eating and trying to not listen to that little voice in my head, instead I'm chugging water and will have an apple to snack on pretty soon. Hubby and the FD will have hamburger helper for dinner and I'm fixing myself a yummy shrimp salad.
Have a nice afternoon.

Cheryl