Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2002, 06:07 AM   #1  
Work in Progress

Default Lo Carb #18 MOve that body!

I had read on teh 100# thread a question about exercise. ANd I think our Sue staed and I know that I have read, that for success and continued success that exercise is a must. SUe is a dedicated women working out 6 days a week I heve been getting 4-5 in a week. I know when I read success stories in teh fitness mags that is a key for them I also note that they work out for at least an hour ususally.

Exercsie for me has done so much. It has taken me a year to get there. ANd I stilll have a ways to go. But I am doing weight training along with aerobic exercsie. I can climb stairs w/o getting winded. I feel more graceful. I have more confidence. It helps me with manageing my hunger. And I don't seem ti dread it like I used to.

WHat about you others ? Any input on exercise

Don't forget to see Pam's post on #17.
Dana, That darn computer still acting up

Hi Terri and B00.
Old 01-26-2002, 04:42 PM   #2  
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

Hello Buddies!

Yep....computer problems! But here I am!

Busy and crazy are the words for this week!

Company coming tomorrow to watch the STEELER game! I am from Pittsburgh and we want to go to the Super Bowl!

I bought plenty of on plan goodies to keep me happy!

Still working on my son's room. We are painting today and the whole upstairs is torn apart as a result. It will be nice when it is finished..but, aargh!

Have a nice weekend all! (Love the exercise stuff. Again, very timely. I am about ready to take a knife to this fat!)

Dana (Hopeful and ready for a Steeler VICTORY!!!)
Old 01-26-2002, 08:21 PM   #3  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Pat my feelings are the same as yours. I am this dedicated becasue that is a way of ensuring my continued shaping up. when i stoped exercise last year I satyed OP with eating for about 1 month then fell slowly with htat. I do not want to fall again. I also see much difference when I do go. It helps keep me focused and on goal. When i miss a day or 2 i start to feel logy and down. so it is 6 days for me as long as i can keep it up.

Dana i keep thining about the knife too. but I am upping my weights hoping that will do the trick. I am trying a bit of a different routine to working out. hoping I can see a difference when 2 weeks are done!!

Pam I have to say you are ne of the most intuitive people I know. It is wonderful. Dispite all the tragic happenings inyour life. But here is the tape!! hold on I am making it tight so you do not slip!1 I am being light on the tummy so you do not get that acting up to much . hang on!!!

Now girls as i said in the challenge thread i managed to pass everything but a small dish of icecream and i planned on having that today so i do not consider me going off plan for that. I am a bit over carbs but not bad considering what i ate today! or could have eaten!! So get the tape ready I have nothing going on for the next month and half or longer so get ready this is going to be a wild ride!!! ang tough cuz I am going to drive and Dana stand back cuz i am throwing away my drivers lisence for this ride it is going to be hard wild and a bit off road, but we will get our butt moving in the title of this thread. So all of you MOVE YOUR BUTT I want to see a loss for every one of us this week!!!

BOO, LEE,TERRI JUMP IN !!! MELODY you too!!!
Old 01-26-2002, 11:00 PM   #4  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Yes! Yes! You got me! I was lurking... I am looking to see a loss this week as well! I am very psyched, and ready to lose...It took me 25 days, but finally I am with it...I knew the motivation would come...it just took a while.

Sue...you said that if you didn't work out for a couple days you felt "down". I read an article about a study that was done...they took people who were used to working out and made them stop, and almost all of the people reported feeling depressed and cranky..see there are psychological benefits to exercise as well!

Well Ladies...let's get our butts moving!
Old 01-27-2002, 06:42 PM   #5  

Default Its Sunday

Hi all,

Well, its Sunday night and I promise to start my exercise program tomorrow.....if I dont get up in time to do it I will walk on my lunch hour...my walking shoes are in the car even as we speak.....

I still havent decided on what plan Im gonna stick to....just trying out different things but I do know the exercising is important no matter which way I go with the eating.....

Take care and I will check back in Tues.....
Old 01-28-2002, 05:25 AM   #6  
Trying to find my way.

I knew you were thare Melody!! I know it does take time to get in gear I has for me to. and yes I do feel so much better when i exercise.

Pat did you see Jeri was back On the 100's she was my running buddy last summer then i stoped running and she stoped comming. but she is back thinking of starting a running club.

I finally got my tax papaer (the right one) back from my former employer holding up my taxes a week!!! I have less in a retur but not bad! I should see it in 2 weeks!! I can really use it by then!!

Terry what ever plan you use you know that you are still supposed to be here with us!!! let us know how and what you are doing K? I wll be waiting for a report on your exercise

only kidding it is dana and pat that i expect reports from. and Pam soon!!!! well melody you to I will give you some time to get OP then i will be waiting for your reports too! boy do i sound like a slave driver or what??? I LOVE IT!!!

well got to run time to leave to get dh to syracuse for surgery.

LEE PAM DANA???? jump in Mary you too!!!!
Old 01-28-2002, 05:44 AM   #7  
Work in Progress

Good monday morning all!

What a great weather weekend we had here in NNY. It was 40+ degrees here and it was so nice I took myself to the river and had a nice 35min walk. On a sunday no less. I kept saying no then I realized how ticked off I would be if I didn't do it and went.
I guess the payback is this week with ice/ freezing rain

The scale is still stuck so I am going to mix things up a little this week with the w/o. Increase my cardio and strength training time. I realized that I have been stuck here and over since 12/28. This was when I posted my valentine goals aver at the 100# club. UGH !

Sue I hope DH is a trouper! ANd has a successful surgery. Your nursing skills will get a flex today. I did notice your running partner over there. Or I wondered if she was when she posted that question.

Dana If I understand it correctly I don't think your team won yesterday . SOrry how did your party go?. The mean old sclae will move this week! ( to the left) .

Terri. How goes it? I like the walking as it is mindless and I been reading the most beneficial .

Pam How are you?

Melody A big welcome!! Watch that sue, DANA had to exercise with her on her back forever LOL

Well Off to teh room
Old 01-28-2002, 08:38 AM   #8  
Muscle Mommy

Hi!!!

Sue I hope your Dh has a successful surgery and a very quick recovery....

I stuck to my diet all weekend, and am now going through carb withdraw AGAIN!!! I should have stuck with it the first time, then I wouldn't have to do this again! Oh well, I have learned my lesson.

I have to work both jobs today, but I am planning on "working out" with my class. We go outdoors and I scream....I BEt no one can catch me! Then I have 20- 3 to 5 year olds trying to run me down, so of course I run like my life depends on it...(You would be surprised how strong 20 preschoolers are!)

I've got a headache...not sure if it's from carb withdraw or this sinus infection I have...or both?!?!

You guys have a nice day...It's suppose to be beautiful here...mid-60's and sunny all day!

Lots of Love!

Old 01-28-2002, 04:26 PM   #9  
Trying to find my way.

I guess I wll not have to be on your back for that one!! sounds like fun!!! sounds like carb withdrawl!! dh is calling
Old 01-28-2002, 08:19 PM   #10  
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

Hello My Friends!

A sad day in Pittsburgh.......our Steelers lost!!! The party went well......I pigged out on bbq chicken wings and veggies in sourcream/spinach dip. On plan........and hoping the scale will move....(to the LEFT!)

Not much to share. Work has been CRAZY. I come home and crash!

Drinking like a good girl....but need to move my butt more!

Take care all!

Dana (Hopeful, too!)
Old 01-29-2002, 05:45 AM   #11  
Work in Progress

Good morning!

Sue hope DH is OK! It looks like you will be busy woirking out with Melody and heh did you notice that Dana says she need to move her butt too? I think she has forgotten what it's like to have you on her back? .

Actaully I am trying to keep Sue busy with teh 2 of you!!

Melody Carb withdrawel is the pits! Way to go though!

Dana, Sorry about your team!! Have you ever tried working out in th emorning?. I found that for me it always gets done and it's over with so if its a rough day elsewahere Exercise is one think I don't have to worry about.

Had a great OP day yesterday and I am off to the next!
Old 01-29-2002, 08:06 AM   #12  
Muscle Mommy

Hello Everyone!

Sue I hope your DH is recovering well

I have been doing great...I really, REALLY wanted to cheat last night...the carb withdraw was killing me! here was a kit Kat bar on top of the refrigerator calling my name...."Melody! Come eat me!" I just kept thinking how mad at myself I would be if I cheated, so I stuck to my guns, played with Trinity, and didn't cheat...Whoo HOOO for me.

I haven't got to exercise in the last 2 days...but I worked both jobs yesterday...chasing kids...and putting out stock...so I probably burned a few extra calorires.... I plan on walking tonight while Christian is in Karate.

Dana...sorry about trhe Steelers...

Fralick...You're right carb withdraw does suck....but hopefully the worst is over....

I have an awful cold, and now it's moving into my chest! Bummer!

well ladies...stay OP!!!

I will see you tomorrow!
Old 01-29-2002, 11:06 AM   #13  
Trying to find my way.

Melody I will get off you back till your cold is better. Take it easy, but keep that kit kat on the fridge just to keep you on the strait and narrow!! you are really rocking! Great job!!

OH PAT!!! guess what?? i am on your back now!!! and Dana's!! You have your plan under control now lets add the exercise.

Dana glad that the party went well! sorry about the Steelers. Now it is time to get off your butt and show them how to do it!! (Exercise!!! )

My day is getting good. DH is up and about doing well. I pull his drain out this afternoon. He should get his staples out on monday. All else is good. Kids are PIA's as usual.
Old 01-29-2002, 11:15 AM   #14  

Default Good Morning

Good Morning everyone

Sounds like everyone is doing great....

melody---Hello and what willpower to walk away from the "KITKAT" good for you.....

Sue---Hope everything goes ok with hubbys surgery....sending prayers your way

Dana--so sorry about your team....I was rooting for them, and I was also rooting for the rams...that kurt warner is one hottie

Pat--hey girl, sounds like your'e doing great....keep it up...

well, I went to the mall to go walking yesterday at lunch and GUESS WHAT???? hubby cleaned out car on Sunday and took my shoes out of the back........aaaahhh welllll,, another time I guess....like today..I will get on the treadmill......never to late to start...I have decided for right now to just watch my calories and carb intake for this week only....have to help cater a party Fri night, we are taking neighbors out to eat Sat and HUGE SUPERBOWL PARTY Sun....so next Mon I will officially start something?????? just not sure what yet....but as of right now I am maintaining ( this is good, right???)

Take care everyone...talk to ya tomorrow
Old 01-29-2002, 06:28 PM   #15  
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

Hey All!

MOVE IT TO LOSE IT!!!!!!!!!

DId the Leslie Samsune tape after work today with a friend. That works well for me. It is weights and walking 2 miles in 1/2 hour. We are gonna try to do it as often as possible BUT.......regardless....I will exercise every day.

I HAVE TO IN ORDER TO LOSE WEIGHT
I FEEL BETTER WHEN I DO
I NEED TO IN ORDER TO BE SUCCESSFUL
IT WILL MAKE ME MORE FIT

Hello to you all.
Thanks for the kind words about the Steelers. They played a lousy game... but we SHOULD be going to the Super Bowl with the great season they had.....Oh weeeeeeeell.

Take care....gotta run.

Dana (Hopeful and I MOVED MY BUTT....OKAY!!!!!! LOL!)
Closed Thread