Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-16-2007, 09:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/195/155

Height: 5'7

Default Water trick

Im sure that alot of you already know this but for those who dont it works great. You know that drinking water is good for you but if you do i right it will help alot more. If you down 8-10 oz of water right before each snack and meal you will feel more full quicker and eat less. It really does help.
50lbstomuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 11:07 AM   #2  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the reminder!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 11:18 AM   #3  
mostly harmless

I just read a book called "Your body's many cries for water" and the author advocates something similar: a glass of water half an hour before each meal. Apparently, it takes a LOT of water to digest food, and many people are chronically dehydrated. Drinking an extra glass of water half an hour before you eat gives your body time to put the water where it's going to be needed... or something like that. It's supposed to make all the chemical reactions of digestion work better when there's plenty of water available, as well as boost your daily water intake.
MariaOfColumbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 06:56 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I've read that book too, and it's by an M.D. Very good book. He has been able to send people home from the emergency room just by having them drink water. Turns out lots of things can come from being chronically dehydrated.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:50 PM   #5  

It is also very common for us to mistaken "thirst" for "hunger"!!! Just a point!
willmakeit is offline   Reply With Quote