Old 01-15-2007, 08:47 AM   #1  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Default :) My Daily Commitments: Week of Jan 15 thru Jan 21

Good morning, Everyone. Hope you had a great weekend.

Today's commitments - exactly same as yesterday.
1) Still going for the water commitment.. eventually, I'll get the 8 glasses in.
2) Eat all meals and snacks - my schedule gets thrown off on the weekends. Sleeping in didnt help, I'm sure.
3) Exercise - minimum of 60 minutes.

I did great on eating on-plan...of course, getting all my water is still an issue for me and I ended up taking yesterday off from exercising. I decided I needed a day to rest up.

Today's commitments -
1) Water...8 glasses
2) Stay on schedule with meals and snacks to control blood sugar.
3) Exercise - 60 minutes of some form of cardio - Plan on starting the weight machines at the Y today. Wanted to get through my weigh-in this morning before I start building muscles. We go to Disneyworld in 2 1/2 more weeks and I want strong legs for walking and getting in and out of the rides. Last time we went was a revelation to me....thats when I decided to start this journey to a thinner healthier me.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:30 AM   #2  
Fit by 50!

S/C/G: 265/262/165

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, Rhonda & everyone -

Rhonda - Disney World is quite a motivator! Keep up the good work!

My commitment is also the same as yesterday, in fact, will most likely be similar most days...

1) Drink 64 oz water
2) Stay between 1800-2000 calories
3) Reduce fat intake
4) Exercise at least 20 minutes

Here's to another successful day!
Nancydream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:44 AM   #3  
Movin' and Groovin'

S/C/G: 289/269/180

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning

My commitments will be the same for the week:

>Water, water, water
>Eat healthy snacks and lunch and supper
>Go to gym and walk for at least 40 min.
>Stay positive and don't expect immediate results.
JennyWenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 11:19 AM   #4  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 275/267/175

Height: 5'5"

Ooh this looks like what I need!

My commitment for this week - my 2nd week.

Add exercise. Make it to the gym or work out for 30-45 minutes at home 3 times this week.

It's small and simple... but I need to take it slow and not overwhelm myself.
HottieInHiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:59 PM   #5  
Quitting is NOT an option

S/C/G: 204/153.8/138

Height: 5' 5"

Morning chickadees

A new week and a new day and so glad you all are here

Rhonda, hang in there. does it matter to you whether the water is ice cold or not?? After I exercise I drink like 25-30 oz, but it has to be ice cold, but at night when I go to bed I take a glass of water but I like it to be room temp . . . yes I'm weird. Also when I am eating I take a swig between each bite, especially with bread type items. (Oh, a swig is something me and my sisters made up, it's bigger than a sip but smaller than a swallow) OK, I'm really weird

Jenny and Nancy, great goals, hang in there one day at a time.

Hottie - I just finished week two . . . so I am right there with you, everyone here is sooo supportive. I too added exercise on week two and now I have sooooo much energy I don't know what to do with myself.

I faced my fear and hopped on the scale today . . . YEA!!! but I think every two weeks will work for me.

Goals: Water, eat healthy, crunches and 30 min exercise.

I did my first Yoga/Pilates workout today, 1 hour, not quite the cardio as the eliptical machine, but I sweated a little and plan to go to the Water aerobics at 6 tonight . . . I've never done that either . . . a whole new world opens up!!

OK, I'm done rambling . . . everyone have a great day!!
LostBombera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 01:35 PM   #6  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

I love reading this thread! I helps me to keep my own focus!

I do hope all of you had a chance to read the "you really can drink too much water" thread. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102137 It is very informative.

Have a great OP week everyone!
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 02:04 PM   #7  

Mind if I jump in?

Okay, I would like to commit to:
Not weighing myself constantly!! I have, in the past, thrown the scales away because I can't stay off of them!! I want to weigh once a week (Monday sounds good!!)

Stay out of the kitchen -- can't be tempted if you can't see it!! No more cupboard browsing!!! I swear I check it out like it's Home Shoping Network, I need to treat it more like a junk yard!!!

Exercise, exercise, exercise.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 02:06 PM   #8  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

OK.....starting with some teeny tiny commitments for today.

I will visit my fitday account for the first time in a long while
I will log my cal's even if they are wayyy over
I will try to stay under 2000 calories

That's it for today
Starting very small to avoid feeling like a total failure

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 07:48 AM   #9  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Today's commitments -
1) Water...8 glasses
2) Stay on schedule with meals and snacks to control blood sugar.
3) Exercise - 60 minutes of some form of cardio - Plan on starting the weight machines at the Y today. Wanted to get through my weigh-in this morning before I start building muscles. We go to Disneyworld in 2 1/2 more weeks and I want strong legs for walking and getting in and out of the rides. Last time we went was a revelation to me....thats when I decided to start this journey to a thinner healthier me.
Stayed on plan with meals yesterday. Tried another new recipe from the Southbeach cookbook. Yummy! Went to SAMS club and didnt touch the samples...and they had some neat stuff, but it wasnt on my plan. For some reason, I had no energy so only did 30 minutes of Walk Away The Pounds. The Y closed early due to the holiday, so that option was gone. Didn't drink much water, but not sure that's such an issue anymore after Howie's post about that news story! Wow, crazy. Hope everyone has a great day.

Today's commitments -
1) Exercise - 45 minutes of cardio
2) Eat all scheduled meals and snacks to keep metabolism from stalling.
3) Start taking a multi-vitamin each day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 07:53 AM   #10  

Since I wasted a three day weekend by not sticking to my plan --

Today I will:
Eat my three meals and two snacks as planned.
Go to the gym for 1 hour.
Drink lots and lots of water.
Avoid snacks by keeping busy (god knows my house could always be cleaner)
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:13 AM   #11  
Fit by 50!

S/C/G: 265/262/165

Morning, Ladies!

I stayed on my food plan yesterday (BIG YAY!) I was a little light on my water, and didn't exercise, but no worries. I'm moving on.

Today's commitment:

1) Stay between 1800 - 2000 calories
2) Keep fat % under 100
3) Keep sodium % under 100
4) Drink 64 oz water
5) Do some sort of exercise for at least 15 minutes (really tired this a.m.)

Keep up the good work! I'm so glad you're all here!!!
Nancydream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 10:22 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Good morning ladies!! I have found I like the weekdays much better than the weekends these days. I have more structure on the weekdays!

1. do 2 - 30 minutes walks (one down, one to go!)
2. scrub the kitchen floor (hands and knees, NO mop!)
3. Listen to my body - and eat when I am hungry - stop when full!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 10:29 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Morning Ladies....
well lets see...back to work today means back to strict watching...I let myself indulge a bit over the long weekend..but upped my work outs and actually managed to lose a pound....though my regular weigh in day isn't until tomorrow so nothing gets recorded today.

Yesterday it was POURING out and I had the day off!! So I spent the better part of the afternoon at the gym....probably close to 3 hours. I did a round of cardio...15-30 minutes each on the elliptical, treadmill, stair mill & bike then did a full round of weights...which was much needed since I've totally slacked on weight training for about 2 weeks now it seems. When I got home I did those abs that I always say I'm gonna do and never do!

I've gotten over my fear of the 'big' part of my gym...there is a 2nd floor with a small gym (used to be the womens only section) with just a few machines and a 30 minute express workout room. Then there is the 3rd floor...with all the weights and machines etc. I'm working out up there regularly! I got over my fear of the big stair mill this weekend....a real butt kicker...and even joined a virtual climbing challenge....then yesterday it was on to the weight machines and I tell you it was a great work out but I'm feeling it today! I was so tired I was out cold by like 8:00 last night and this morning when my alarm went off I was so asleep I actually tried to shut my alarm off with my tv remote that was on my bed.....i must've looked pretty funny! Anyway my arms are killing me today!

Lets see for today
1. water water water
2. back on the eating track...no more splurges like the weekend
3. gym or home workout (I really pushed myself yesterday and today I'm exhausted so I don't want to burn myself out....if I go to the gym it will be cardio only...no weights till Thursday to give my muscles time to recover and if its home I'll do one of my yoga tapes to stretch out.)
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 12:04 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

My driveway was a sheet of ice this morning so I didn't even attempt to go to the gym. Not sticking to my usual routine often gets me way off track (like skipping exercise entirely and eating too much) so hopefully writing stuff down here will help.

Today I'm going to have lunch with a friend, and I am going to choose healthy foods and forego the "world's best brownie" that's advertised. I'm also going to either walk outside once the weather warms up to a balmy 36 degrees or try to find my WATP tape.

And I'm going to mop my kitchen and bathroom floors once I get off the computer.

Edited to say: My lunch companion flaked out on me (what's a little snow covering sheets of ice?) so I don't have to worry about that. And I mopped my floors already. Now I just have to find my WATP DVD--and hope the ice melts by the time I have to take my Dad to his dr. appt.

Last edited by Sheila53; 01-16-2007 at 01:28 PM.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 12:01 AM   #15  
Quitting is NOT an option

S/C/G: 204/153.8/138

Evening everyone;

Sounds like everyone had pretty good days yesterday;

RitzyFritz - just remember; "sticks of butter"
Shelby - I have the opposite problem, afraid to get on them, so I'm weighing every two weeks.
Linda - great job - it's all baby steps, at least that is what is working for me and having everyone here being so supportive
Christy - hang in there that first week is tough, you can do it!!!
rhonda - you are doing sooooooooo GREAT . . . I usually can't pass up those free taste testers at Sam's, or almost any grocery store these days . . . so I eat them and count them as my snack . . . UGH!!!
Nancy - great job on food, hang in there on the exercise, it will come tooo!!
Sheila and Mrs. Quadcrew - want to come scrub my floors ??? PLEASE
Sunshine - way to conquer those fears, I'm proud of you!!
LostBombera is offline   Reply With Quote