Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-16-2007, 08:37 AM   #1  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Default Planning for Tuesday, Jan. 16

I stuck to plan yesterday--left out a packet of oatmeal but added a sugar-free jell-o with ff cool whip. I also did 120 minutes of exercise total yesterday. On to today:
  • smoothie
  • yogurt
  • salsa chicken
  • applesauce
  • Healthy Choice meal - sesame chicken
  • chopped chicken breast w/broccoli and whole-wehat couscous--does anyone have an idea for an orange sauce I could make that doesn't have a ton of bad stuff (nor involves frying the chicken)? I LOVE orange chicken, but I'm not sure I can make my own (I always get it from a restaurant) without a ton of sugar or oil or whatever. I've seen a few recipes that involve diet orange soda...any thoughts?
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 08:54 AM   #2  
Fat-be-gone

sorry Jilly, I have no idea 'bout that orange sauce.

b - kashi, milk, banana

s - yogurt

l - lean cuisine, apple w/ pb

s - oreo thin crisps

d - going to a business meeting tonite, we'll probably pick up something...I'm thinking maybe a salad from wherever we decide to go.
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 08:58 AM   #3  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

b-raisin bran w/ ff milk, ww toast
s-banana
l-healthy choice soup
d-turkey melt sandwich
e-4 mile walk early this morning

Yesterday didn't go real well due to a horrendous headache. Just wasn't hungry and had to force what little I did eat in. Feeling better today so I should be back on track.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

B - 2 pieces of whole grain toast, 1 piece with natural peanut butter, 1 piece with cherry butter (like apple butter, but with cherries!)

S - 1.5 cups fresh blueberries

L - 3 veggie tacos - 3 whole wheat tortillas, 2 crumbled up gardenburgers, tons of salsa, spinach leaves, a little low fat cheese

S - tangelo

S - cut up veggies (carrot sticks, sliced peppers)

D - home made sun dried tomato pasta, with Morning Star farms veggie crumbles, mushrooms, onions, garlic, fresh basil, over whole wheat bowtie pasta

S - 1 cup roasted butternut squash, 1 tbs maple pumpkin butter
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:35 AM   #5  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

Jilly I made orange pork the other week from a recipe in a cookbook I have, unfortunately I am at work right now so can't post the sauce recipe. I juiced 2 fresh oranges and grated the rind of one and mixed it in a bowl with fresh minced garlic and ginger, there might have been some light soy sauce too. I marinated the meat first then stir fried the meat with some veg and added the sauce last. You might be able to take something from this, sorry it's not very comprehensive! When I get home tonight I'll post the actual recipe.

Breakfast - fruit smoothie made with 1 banana, 1/2 cup fat free natural yoghurt, 1 cup frozen strawberries, 1/2 cup fresh blueberries. This was delicious and such a nice change from oatmeal!

Snack - cottage cheese, can peach bits

Lunch - turkey sammich on eight grain bread w/lettuce, tomato, avocado, light mayo, 1 plum and 1 orange

Snack - apple and apricot compote with fat free natural yoghurt

Dinner - venison loin, oven fried sweet potatoes, some kind of veg, cabbage probably

Water - 2 liters+

Exercise - rest day today

Calories:1362, a bit low so I'm going to find something to go with dinner that can pad me up to around 1500.

Last edited by LynneA; 01-16-2007 at 09:43 AM.
LynneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:37 AM   #6  

Height: 5'2.5"

Pre-workout: Homemade protein bar
Breakfast: Smoothie with fat free cottage cheese, ffsf yogurt, unsweetened soy milk, strawberries
Snack: medium apple, low fat string cheese
Lunch: Spaghetti squash with "alfredo" sauce (ff cream cheese, skim milk, parmesan cheese, seasoning)
Snack: 28g almonds
Dinner: spinach and onion salad with just a touch of salad dressing, 4 oz chicken breast grilled, .75c zucchini with red peppers and onions, .6c green beans

Exercise: 35 minutes lower body lifting, 30 minutes aerobics, 40 minutes DDR
sakuya3834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:40 AM   #7  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Jilly - re: orange sauce. How about orange juice, and cornflower (to thicken) then add seasonings, sugar, more orange / zest etc to taste?

My day:

Brekky
50g kashi musli and low calorie soya milk

Snack
cc pancakes, tangerine

Gym - squats, calf raises and elliptical

Lunch
Turkey burger and sugar snap peas

Snack
cottage cheese and ryvita

Kickboxing

Dinner
probably another turkey burger - that's all that's left in the fridge
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 10:13 AM   #8  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

yesterday was good - sick today though

B- half a serving (running out!) cran'rapsberry protein juice; oatmeal with a bit of jam and skim milk
S- vanilla honey tea; mini begal with peanut butter and yogurt
L- salmon burger patty with corn/mushrooms/onion/red and green pepper
S- thinsations OR popcorn
D- pizza (from frozen... thin crust)... WOW EXPANSION OUT TODAY!! haha - know what I am doing all nigh
W- 4-6L
E- just finished 75 min on my bike
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 10:34 AM   #9  
A Mighty Thump

Courtnie, my husband and I play WOW too! He's as giddy as a kid at christmas infact we're going to pick up our copies in a couple hours. Gamer nerd chicks represent! haha.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:38 AM   #10  

Yeah, I'm glad it's snowing here so I can play a little extra EQ2 today
Old 01-16-2007, 10:57 AM   #11  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynneA View Post
Courtnie, my husband and I play WOW too! He's as giddy as a kid at christmas infact we're going to pick up our copies in a couple hours. Gamer nerd chicks represent! haha.
We have had ours pre-ordered since November, lol. We talked about going last night at midnight but we both have to work today. I woke up this morning to a inch of snow... not enough to stay home from work We went to bed last night before 8 so we could make the time go faster... haha - well he did, I went to be early cuz im sick, lol

blood elf mage! here I come!!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 11:54 AM   #12  
A Mighty Thump

I'm really going to show my nerdness now - Glory I play EQ2 also. I'm on the Permafrost server, wood elf fury. Before that I played Everquest since launch. It's going to be hard choosing EQ2 or playing the WOW expansion with DH .

Courtnie - I'm thinking blood elf mage too! Or warlock if they can be that class! DH is going to make one too. We're on Hellscream, alliance but we have a couple horde toons too (undead priest ftw!)

I'm so happy that more gamer chicks are here with me!

Anyone else want to come out of that closet??!
Old 01-16-2007, 12:17 PM   #13  

Oh, I can outgeek almost anyone for Everquest. I played EQ since launch and moderated a shaman message board for almost 6 years. The Shaman's Crucible which later became the Spirit Realm. I'm playing EQ2 on Antonia Bayle, I have a level 40 Mystic/53 Provisioner
Old 01-16-2007, 12:22 PM   #14  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Sorry, no World of WarCrack for me I've heard multiple first-hand accounts from friends and family of games such as those breaking up relationships. You're lucky if both halves of the couple play together, but when one gets involved and ignores their mate because of it, watch out (not that that's happening to anyone here, just something I've noticed)!

I've tried games like those before (Jeff used to play City of Heroes/Villains), but I just can't get into it. I get bored because I hate having to run around just randomly doing stupid things to increase my level because you can't do certain other missions until you're a higher level, ya know?

Lately, I've been watching Jeff play Final Fantasy 12 (I think it's 12, anyway...) on PS2. He doesn't understand how I don't get bored, but to me, it's better than a movie because I can like help him out and cheer him on and stuff (I'm really good at spotting hard-to-find treasures for him ). So yeah, even though I don't play myself, I'm still a dork

OH, and back to topic...I don't have any corn starch (or cornflower) at home, so I'm wondering if I can just use some whole-wheat flour to thicken an orange sauce? I'm in a fragile state today regarding dieting mentality, and I fear a trip to the store after work may find me walking out with a box of snack cakes or cupcakes or other super-unhealthy, high-cal treat
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 12:28 PM   #15  
Fat-be-gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
[COLOR=indigo]S

Lately, I've been watching Jeff play Final Fantasy 12 (I think it's 12, anyway...) on PS2. He doesn't understand how I don't get bored, but to me, it's better than a movie because I can like help him out and cheer him on and stuff (I'm really good at spotting hard-to-find treasures for him ). So yeah, even though I don't play myself, I'm still a dork

That's me and my bf. I can watch him play Resident Evil for hours. We once did a mini marathon and stood up until 5 in the am when we got RE4. It was like watching a movie!!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote