South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 03:04 PM   #1  
Barbara

S/C/G: 272/260/170

Height: 5'10"

Default I'd kill for a chai frappachino!!!!!

Is it possible that y'all have a replacement recipe that would suit phase 2? I try not to drive past Starbucks -- but sometimes it's just necessary. Is there any way to create something similar to my favorite drink in the world?
Old 01-15-2007, 03:10 PM   #2  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Barbara,
What about brewing chai tea (the teabags, not one of the mixes that would have sugar in it), and blending it with ice and skim milk? That seems like it would make a sort of chai milkshake. Couldn't hurt!! And it sounds yummy to me.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:16 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Starbucks sells their chai tea (again, just the tea itself, not the mix) in bags. Its yummy and spicy. I agree with Jessie - add some skim milk and ice and blend. Might work!
Old 01-15-2007, 03:19 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Also, Torani makes a vanilla syrup sweetened with splenda. To get some of the sweetness and creaminess of the chai frappucino, you might try buying a little bottle of the sugar-free vanilla torani and splashing a bit of that in there (I'm not on SBD, but I'm pretty sure that splenda is allowed, right?).
Old 01-15-2007, 03:19 PM   #5  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

There are lots of brands of chai tea bags available. I buy a decaf vanilla...yum!! Brew the tea then pop it in the blender with ice, milk, and sweetener. That should do it. Maybe a dollop of SF or FF Cool Whip on top...
Old 01-15-2007, 03:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Are Latte's allowed on Phase 1? I normally get vanilla's latte's, and was thinking that I could have the same thing but with sugar-free vanilla shots? Mmmmm... latte's... Starbucks even makes their new Cinnamon Dolce Latte's with sugar-free syrup shots.. I've been craving that drink since I had one 2 weeks ago.

-Aimee
Old 01-15-2007, 04:22 PM   #7  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

I don't know for sure. I've been playing it safe and making my own coffees (it's a lot cheaper that way, too!!!). Then I know exactly what's going in and there's not a chance I'm going to accidentally be handed someone else's drink made with whole milk and loaded with sugar.

As for SF syrups, Archer Farms (the Target "store brand") has a few flavors available. I picked up a bottle of vanilla and hazlenut. Don't remember what else was there.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:30 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Dairy IS allowed on all phases of SBD! You should be getting 2 ½ cups. Please check out the revised food list in the FAQ section. Dairy and a few other things have been added since the book came out.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:28 PM   #9  
Barbara

S/C/G: 272/260/170

Height: 5'10"

Thanks! These sound like some good ideas. I do drink the chai tea hot -- just wasn't sure how to work it as a frap. I been trying to play it safe, too. I think I need to go out and get a new blender -- my daughter took my other one when she got married in August. I'll have to let y'all know how it works!!!!
Barbara
Old 01-16-2007, 10:32 AM   #10  

DaVinci makes SF, caffeine-free chai tea syrup that is ideal for lattes. I found it at TJ Maxx, but you could order it through www.netrition.com, too.

For a frappuccino (those are icy, right?), you could make your own with the syrup, milk and ice in a blender!

I have a funny story about those Cinnamon Dolce lattes at Starbucks. I ordered one, sugar-free, nonfat, and watched as the barista made it correctly, then proceeded to top it with a monster cap of whipped cream. I mean, duh, if someone orders an otherwise vice-free drink, would they really want whipped cream?

Made correctly, those are yummy drinks, though I usually use my own butter toffee SF syrup for lattes.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:12 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 168/145/135

Height: 5'7 and a half

Default More Chai

I like Celestial Seasonings' "Chocolate Caramel Enchantment" Chai teabags. It's heavenly brewed with water, then added to unsweetened Silk soy milk and Splenda. I'm sure it could be a frappucino if you put it in the blender with ice!
Closed Thread