Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2001, 02:19 AM   #1  

I am trying to keep my calorie intake down. I use to drink about 6 Cokes a day, well I have luckily gotten use to the idea of drinking around 90 ounces of water a day. I have a hard time keeping the calories down. My Husband likes to have meals that constist of Meat, potatoes, vegetables and bread. Well, when we first met I thought that I had to try to keep up with him as far as eating was concerned. 40 pounds later, I am starting to learn how to eat all over again.
Old 02-14-2001, 02:48 PM   #2  
Water Dragon

I'm not on any specific program...well maybe so. I call it, I'm doing what feels right for me program. I'm making small changes here and there, and eventually (I think, I hope!) they'll add up to a big change, a new me! A tweak here and there in my diet, a little more movement, and before ya know it, it really adds up!

------------------
Love, Luck, & Lolipops

185/179/135
Old 02-14-2001, 10:01 PM   #3  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Nope, I'm not on any "program" either. I just try to watch what I eat and exercise every day. Once I get that down, I figure that then there won't be any "adjustment" after ending the "diet". Overall better eating and exercising is what I figure to be, the BEST way to lose weight. Just my 0.02

I know that many people have success on long term programs like WW or Jenny Craig, but I don't think I'm organized enough to do them. I also can't see myself paying to have someone help me control my eating. I know that a lot of people need that, but my inner miser will not allow it. I also can't stick to regimined (sp?) diets, cause I want to eat what I want to eat. I am just training myself with portion control and making better choices (like does that sandwich really need cheese?)

Have a great day!

------------------
166/162/130
7 Inches Lost So Far!!
Old 02-16-2001, 07:01 AM   #4  

I am watching what I eat and making a serious effort on exercise. I have about 50lbs to lose, but on my 5' frame they make a HUGE difference in how I look. I have a friend on WW, and it's great for her. Her mom has gone on it with her too. She's tall (6') so it will take longer before people start to notice her weight loss. I can't wait to lose though; about 6yrs ago I lost 10lbs and went down 3 dress sizes just by watching my diet and exercising at least 4x/week. Looking back I must have lost 10lbs of fat for it to make that kind of difference in clothing size. My ultimate goal is to be healthy and, if my healthy weight is low enough, to join the military as an officer (I was kicked out of ROTC because of weight but was told that I was welcomed back as soon as I was meeting standards--both weight and physical fitness). Good luck to everyone!
Old 02-16-2001, 11:37 PM   #5  

I am a almost 7 month member of WW, and it has worked very well for me. I couldn't do it without the support and tools they provide me, but i feel as though i am more in control now! I have also developed healthier habits, and HOPE to be able to maintain and live a healthy lifestyle!
I haven't been to this board before, but love to hear tips and help out others who are in need of support!
Good luck to everyone!

------------------
~saskie~
start 201/WW 148/present 140.8/personal goal 130-135
Closed Thread