South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 05:54 AM   #1  

Default Merry Monday Beach Chat

Merry Monday My Bubahlahs!!!
Sorry no check in yesterday, I was able to only skim the posts !

Kim: Sending healing vibes to your friend ... I do pray things turn out alright for them.

Blue Papillion: I'm out in the Apex/HollySprings/Fuquay area! We just bought land out in Efland and are going to be building this year. 8 Pounds is AWESOME!!!

Cottage: Portion Distortion!!! I hear ya. I really need to start measuring and not just eyeing stuff again... I feel like I'm doing the ChaCha with the scale!

LC: Bravo on Treating your self!!!

To all you Frozen Chickens --sorry its so ccccoooolddd! Kiko isnt it funny how just the hint of bad weather and folks flock to the stores for Bread Milk etc... Unless folks are in real rural areas, ya think they could go the one day without bread and milk !

Stumble WEIGH TO GO ON THOSE 11 pounds!!

My little Soon 2 Faboo-- Are "we" still going to Vegas? Did Sis ever get married? How isDad?

Rebel,Jana, Mamjok, Jetsetter,Stinger, Wild, MorningStar, Lubajo... !!!

YAYAYAYAY The CAWFEE IS READY! It gives out a mighty "roar" before the dinger goes off! (Vee Caffeine Fiends .. know these tings!

today me and Swiffer have a date ...(nooooo, not a name here... its my SwifferJet and Swifferbroom!!!) Then off to visit a home plan designer...

Have a SUPER DAY! :sun:
Old 01-15-2007, 06:08 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, we now officially have real winter! The Girls barked up a storm at four when neighbour Ralph started up his big truck. (He does roadwork for the township and "got the call" last night, I guess.) We are having a real snowstorm and it's 21F out there. The kitchen and back room are cold this morning - 45F - so I've put on the electric heater and wore my coat over my robe to get breakfast. Brrrr! Luckily, I don't need to go anywhere today so the Girls and I can get the woodstove going and just hang out.

I had a very wonderful birthday and didn't overindulge in anything except laughing. Some of my friends are a hoot and my tummy muscles are a tad sore this morning. I guess I can count that as exercise, right?

The sorting and pitching of the Christmas stuff continues today. I'll be outside doing a bit of shovelling later when the snow dump stops. I may throw something that smells great into the crockpot and have a cozy day!

What's going on at your house? Come and chat a bit.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:14 AM   #3  
Finnigan Begin Again

Thanks Schatzi! I don't feel any lighter yet, but I know it's working at least.

It's stinking hot here, girls, you can have a bit of my summer if I can have a bit of your winter! I can't get any relief from the relentless heat
Old 01-15-2007, 06:52 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Stumbleine, 11 pounds is terrific! Maybe the heat is sweating it off. Are you in North or South Oz?
Old 01-15-2007, 08:02 AM   #5  
gotta lose it!

Morning all.....it's rainy here, but they expect a winter snow storm later today. I work early & I have interviews & some MAJOR cleaning to do. Schatzi sis did get married & Mike & I are heading to Vegas - the big day is June 27. I just sent the save the dates last week. Dad is ok...he still acts strange & my grandma who just retired this year (at the age of 80) is cleaning is house for him.
Well I'm off to work!!!
Old 01-15-2007, 08:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good Monday Morning, Chickies!

And a very HAPPY albeit late, BIRTHDAY TO RUTH!! I hope it was wonderful!

Schatzi: Have fun with the swiffer. I need to do the same, but it will have to wait until tonight! Your meeting with the house planner should be interesting--hope you get some great ideas!

Ruth: Goodness, sounds like you're getting winter at last! We're chilly too, but I think we're in the high 20s this morning. You and the girls have a great day relaxing by the wood stove...give those tummy muscles a rest.

stumbleine: Sorry it's so hot up there, but I have to decline your offer for weather swapping. I'm enjoying my first real Alpine winter. I know what you mean about not feeling lighter. It'll come. You just have to keep it up!!

ME: Busy day ahead of me as we're interviewing applicants today (ALL DAY!!) Plus, I've decided that I'm going to go straight from work to the track on MWF for an hour, so I've got that tonight. I also have my support group meetings on Tuesdays, so that means the only evening I'll be home right after work is on Thursday. DH is a little miffed because he's going to have to pick up the cooking slack, but he understands why I'm doing it. I'm going to try and start doing more in the crock pot and making casseroles the night before so he doesn't have to do so much.

WOW! I need to go get ready for work! Hope everyone has a beachin' day and I'll try and stop back by today sometime!!

~Kim
Old 01-15-2007, 09:10 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

We have 6 inches of snow so far and it's still coming down! Bruce just showed up to plow me out. He did it for me the past few winters but said last spring it just wasn't worth his while with gas prices high. I guess he changed his mind! I'll go out a bit later - when it stops - and clear the walks and decks. Great exercise and it blows out the cobwebs! The temps have dropped to 10F since I got up!
Old 01-15-2007, 09:23 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Monday everyone - the trains were dead this morning thanks to MLK day. It was sort of nice, but I think I'd still rather be at home sleeping! My weigh in was this morning - 5 more pounds down on week 2 of P1, bringing me to 10 pounds total. I'm halfway to my Valentine's Day goal! Very excited. And I'm starting at the gym tonight. Random quick question, but for those of you who go, do you do your cardio before your weights or vice versa? I've heard arguments for both.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:27 AM   #9  

Morning gals!

Ruth So glad to hear that you enjoyed your special day. You sound like you have the perfect day planned of chilling at home.

Soon Have you gone shopping for wedding dresses yet? I was happy to hear that things worked out for your sister's wedding- I know that was a lot of stress for you!!

Schatzi Wow- I would have NO idea where to start in the house department. That must be exciting yet scary all at the same time!

Kim Good for you for making a plan! I am hoping to join a gym this summer when we free up a bit of money. That way I could go after school and take the girls with me since I am the "single" yet married mom. My husband's schedule makes him useless in helping cover the girls. That is another story for another day though........ I just pray we survive this stage of marriage.

Stumebline Morning!! Where is it that you live?

Me- Home and cozy- the roads are super icy here, so I am hoping that with a little sunshine things will melt by this afternoon. We are planning on dinner at my mom's and I would really like to still be able to go. On tap for today is some cleaning! One of my least favorites, but the fact that the house was totally cleaned two weeks ago makes it a little less work.

TOM hit me hard this morning, I feel bloated and gross. It better not jack up my WI tomorrow at school!!

Has anyone heard from Barb this weekend? She hasn't posted in a few days, although I know she is a busy woman!
Old 01-15-2007, 09:28 AM   #10  

Jenny Awesome loss so far!!! Back in the day when I did work out some, I always did cardio first.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:58 AM   #11  

Happy ...belated Birthday, Ruth

Once again, it's become clear winter has finally arrived. There is a 70% chance of snow today. So I might cancel the clothes shooping and picture taking I had planned. But I have tons of stuff to do around here. Maybe the laundry room won't be so busy this morning and I can get a few loads in.

OP wise things are going well. I made BBQ pulled pork last night in the crockpot and it was so good. I can't wait to have leftovers for lunch. I am looking forward to start working out again. I felt so icky last week I only went once. I think I have an official WI at Curves on Thursday. Hopefully the numbers will be good.

Sorry if there are any Seattle fans here but... GO BEARS!

I've gotta scoot...before all the washers are taken!

Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:09 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Well, the snow is falling in Alpine! Our first interviewee has yet to show and I'm concerned the weather might have something to do with that. They're predicting 4 - 8 inches between today and tomorrow, which is a lot for this South Texas girl to handle! I think it's going to take a while to get used to this Alpinian weather.

I forgot to update everyone on my friend in the hospital. She is still there, but in a lot less pain due to her meds. The doc's have decided to put a filter in her leg in case the clot dislodges and to give her plasma to thicken her blood in hopes that it will slow or stop the internal bleeding. I'm still a little worried about her, but feel better because my parents have been going to see her.

Ruth: I don't know how you could stand to work outside in that cold! I guess that's what separates the women from the WOMEN!!

Jenny: WTG on the loss! That's great!! I do my cardio first. I've also heard arguments for both ways, but cardio is more important to me, so I'd rather do it fresh than do my weights and feel sore while walking, biking, etc. I think it's all personal preference and what you feel works best for you!

Kiko: You and DH will get through it, I'm sure you will. I guess we all doubt the strength of our mariages at some point, but somehow, we get through!! Sending you (((hugs)))! I hope the roads clear up so that you can enjoy your dinner w/ mom!

anna: Hope you get a washer!! I'm glad you're looking forward to working out again! I don't feel right if I don't get some kind of workout in!!

Have a great day!
Old 01-15-2007, 11:27 AM   #13  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Helloo, everybuddeeee (sorry, too much Grover the past couple of days). It's downright cold here today. I'm not sure if the weather man said the windchill was 7º or -7º, but brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! Didn't really have too much trouble on the roads, but saw several smaller cars stuck in drifts. Times like this, I'm thankful for my heavy minivan. If the office would warm up a bit, things would be good...it's barely 70º and I've had goose bumps all morning.

Been having some weird pains in my neck and back since falling down the drivewy Friday morning, but they're really noticable today. I think I might have given myself whiplash. You'd think I was accident prone or something!

Last night, I made balsamic salmon for dinner and will have leftovers for lunch. Can't decide if I want to eat it warm or cold on my salad. Hmmmmm...the tough decisions I have to make today.

Oh, and I'm moving to Phase 2 on Wednesday. Yay!!!
Old 01-15-2007, 12:41 PM   #14  

KIM Thanks for your laundry well wishes...they worked! I was the only person washing clothes at 9 in the morning and did all 5 loads at once...I'm done!!

JENNY WTG on the loss! Keep it up

SOON Congrats on setting a date!! Have you been dress shopping yet?

The weather here has taken a turn for the worse...I'm glad I got off my patootie and went grocery shopping yesterday.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:56 PM   #15  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Good morning. We have been frozen here for a few days, it is very cold for our area (in the 20's and 30's.)

I am having to keep track of my foods as I am not eating enough. This always happens after a few days of detoxing then I just don't want food at all.

I did good yesterday 2 NSV: First one was in the store when I did not buy those cookies that looked so good. Then later I wanted mexican food and I resisted because the only place open when I close my restaurant is fast food. Will have a taco salad today and take care of that craving.

Well, I had a great trip. Then I got home to a bipolar meltdown for my dil, my mil is acting out (better this morning), just way too much stress for just coming home from a vacation time.

Will try to keep up with the posts now that I am home. The nieces computer was down so could not check in like I thought I could.
Closed Thread