Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-14-2007, 02:48 PM   #1  
On my way to the new me

S/C/G: 285/285/175

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up New and Ready to Lose !

Good afternoon all I am Carey 30 from PA. I am a mom of three I work almost full time (32 hrs a week) and I am a full time college student. I currently weigh 285lbs and I am finally really ready to lose weight. I cannot take my weight anymore and I have to make a change. Today is my first day and I started off by doing my Walk Away the Pounds DVD that I bought about a year ago and never even opened. I felt really good after doing the mile and boy was I sweating ! I look forward to getting to know everyone and I am open to any and all suggestions.
krlynn76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 03:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

krlynn76

Let me be the first to tell you how wonderful this site is. There are so many wonderful, inspirational women (and men!) on here! I joined in Feb. 2005, but didn't do anything with my weight (I think I visited here a handful of times) - I've just re-joined in the past 2 weeks..... and I visit here many times a day. If you have questions, comments, concerns, success stories, need encouragement or a pat on the back.... anything - you name it people here have been through it or are going through it. I can't say it enough how much this place and these people have helped me.
Welcome aboard - and get ready for a great ride!

Julie
LondonJulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 04:10 PM   #3  
I'm a newbie here!

krlynn76,

I am a newbie here, too! I have been to this site before but didn't join until last night. This is my first post!

I am on a mission to lose weight this year, too. I had a child two years ago and still haven't lost the weight (was put on bedrest at 5 months and gained wayyy too much). I dug out some old (skinny) pics of me from a few years ago for motivation. I even stuck one on the fridge.

It is very challenging balancing work, family life and going to school. The good part is that being busy doesn't allow you a lot of time to sneak away to the fridge or eat out of boredom. The downside is that you don't have much time to get to the gym or do workouts at home. And since you live in a colder climate like me (Midwest), I'm sure you're not exactly eager to go outside to walk, run or bike.

Did you set a timeframe on your goal? Are you working towards 1-2 lbs per week? We are planning a trip to Hawaii again this year, so I am working towards a bikini in August.

Best of luck to you!
Stephanie
snm409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:18 PM   #4  
On my way to the new me

S/C/G: 285/285/175

Height: 5'9"

Smile

Thanks for the welcome !! I am setting mini goals for myself I am trying for 2 lbs a week and my first goal is to lose 10lbs. I have started really watching what I eat and especially drink !! I am a soda addict and I have to really change that !! I also started to a DVD Walk Away the Pounds so far I am doing really good with it and that makes me happy.

I will admit today was a bad day I started out good but I ended poorly and didnt get to do my DVD. I plan to get up in the morning and do it and make tomorrow another day !

Good luck with your goal I dont know if this body will ever get into a bikini again But I will settle for a one piece if I look good in it I will be happy !
krlynn76 is offline   Reply With Quote