Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2002, 01:41 AM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Talking 300+ and Ready To Try Again... #125

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts
Old 01-25-2002, 06:09 AM   #2  
I'm on my way!

Hi.....

This house still isn't back to being sick free yet! Andrew is 100% back to his little self getting into everything! But John and I are fighting a cold still. Hopefully this will be the end of it.

My food has been terrible this week again. Once I get back on the scale on MOnday I will pay 100% attention to ME again!

I have to run...will try to catch up to you all eventually!

Michelle
Old 01-25-2002, 09:38 AM   #3  
You and Me in 2003

Good Friday morning all
I feel up today don't know why. My son is usually off on Friday but he had to work today. So I got a nice long hot bath and shaved my legs.

I bought some egg substitute and it is pretty good. Only 30 cal. for 1/4 cup I used 1/3 cup instead so that was only45 cal. I also had a english muffin and 33 oz of water.

I have to go shopping for food today. DH will be on a business trip monday and Tuesday so I'll only be cooking for son and myself. I have a genealogy seminar all day tomorrow with lunch included.

Well I better go have to go to the little girls room (all that water )
Old 01-25-2002, 10:53 AM   #4  
a work in progress...

Happy Friday!

Yay! I made it through 4 days of **** at work! Now I'm off for two days...I'm feeling surprisingly energetic this morning...alternating between laundry, picking up stuff around the house and actually organizing my computer room! It's like a dumping ground, whatever doesn't really have a place gets tossed in here til I figure out what to do with it. A la FlyLady, I am decluttering in 15 minute increments...it doesn't feel like hard, never-ending work that way!

Later on, after school, I'm taking my son and two nephews and the dog for a good long hike in the woods. Will try to get some nice winter photos. Boy, I wish we'd get some more snow! Sleigh riding is great exercise! Well, not the sleigh riding, but climbing back up that hill sure is!

What kind of stuff does everyone have planned for the weekend?? I have absolutely NOTHING planned and I kind of like it. DH is working all weekend...I'm just gonna hang around here, do some decluttering...I just LOVE that liberated feeling I get when I say BYE BYE to stuff I have been hanging onto for years! My parents are getting ready to move, after 40 years in their house...the hardest part is cleaning out all the CRAP that has accumulated over the years! I'm looking ahead, and trying to avoid that for myself. Besides, there's SO much more room in my closets!

I know I'll be back later, but my allotted time for computer is up...BACK TO WORK FOR ME!

see ya!
Old 01-25-2002, 11:09 AM   #5  
a work in progress...

OOPS!

I forgot that I had this little saying to share...You've probably heard it before, but it's nice...so here goes...

Dance like no one is watching
Sing like no one is listening
Love like you've never been hurt
And live like heaven on earth.

~Author Unknown~

Have a great day!
Old 01-25-2002, 03:15 PM   #6  

Angry Just little ole me...

Just taking a minute to check in.
My food is good. I am learning new stuff since this burn. I can't take bites of anything... like a bite of a banana or sandwich. My lips are too messed up. I have to cut everything into bite size and place it into my mouth. Weird how we take those things for granted.
I am not drinking enough water. I just can't get into this straw thing yet. I am working on it. I am drinking some of those flavored waters from Walmart.

Speaking of Walmart... I have a stupid question to ask.
Is Wally World a nickname for Walmart or is it a real place.

My skin is peeling places I didn't even know I got burnt at. LOL
Sort of like after you get a sunburn. Weird.
I am already tired of this. But, I am still grateful it wasn't worst.
Today I had to blow my nose and I was so grateful my nose didn't get burnt like my lips. There would be no way I could blow my nose then.

FUN FRIDAY... I don't know what I am going to do for fun. I can't leave the house yet till some of these open wounds scab over. Plus I would look pretty funny with this white cream all over my face.
Maye I will get some of my old movies out. I have the house to myself tonight. Hubby is gone for the weekend. He made me promise not to cook. No problem there... I hate cooking most of the time and love it when I can get out of it.

I am out of here. You probably will be hearing from me again soon since posting here is one of my favorite fun things to do.
Ohhhhh..... that is sad. I need a life. LOL
This looks like fun...... I think ????? LOL

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 01-25-2002 at 03:22 PM.
Old 01-25-2002, 03:34 PM   #7  

Smile GRANNIE..

I just had to post this just for you.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 01-25-2002 at 04:50 PM.
Old 01-25-2002, 04:47 PM   #8  

Lightbulb Light Bulb Moment !!!

I think I just had a light bulb moment. !!!!
I am trying to get my veggies in and made myself a big bowl of brocolli with my lunch... at least a cup probably more.

THEN IT HIT ME !! A "serving" is a HALF a cup .... I HOPE (crossing fingers).
You faithful WWers, could you tell me if a serving size of veggies is a cup or half cup.??? Mainly green beans and brocolli. That is what I eat the most of.
That means if I eat a cup of veggies... I am really getting in 2 servings of veggies.
What about salads??? I imagine that is a cup.???
Thanks for any help.
Old 01-25-2002, 09:44 PM   #9  
You and Me in 2003

Thanks 2Cute DH says that looks like me

I got in 99 oz. of water today.
yes Wally World is Walmart
What kind of flavored water do you get. I like the lemon lime. I buy the 33.8 oz bottles. Then I refill them with plain water and keep in the frigerator.
Old 01-26-2002, 03:16 AM   #10  

Hi there,

Wally world is walmart, interesting. I thought it was an amusement park in national lampoon's family vacation. I love to go to "wally world", but feel sad about kmart. My theory is Martha Stewart did them in. She's too costly for a discount retailer. The news said she could have bailed out if they declared bankruptcy. She's not, shucks. We don't have target. If kmart goes out of business, we'll be stuck with one store, walmart. Walmart's prices are skyhigh here. Price fixing. They all blame it on shipping.

What's up this weekend? I, also, have nothing planned this weekend. Yipee. I hope to organize things and start my embroidery. I will try a new hairstylist tomorrow. Cross my fingers, the last haircut was a fiasco. Unplanned asymetrical.

2cute, what's cooking? Is Richard keeping you company? I tried a veggie omelet. My friend, who told me it was delicious, neglected to me she heavily seasoned hers. boy it was bland stuff. I did Disco sweat, it was fun.

I'm thankful I passed the headache, hunger stage. I've been craving chocolate quite a bit and had some. The water is not quite up to what I should drink, but I'm working on it. Hope it flushes the effects of the chocolate.

Sweet dreams,
Malia
Old 01-26-2002, 01:49 PM   #11  

Unhappy Sitting here pouting...

Here it is Saturday and I am sitting here pouting.
No one has come in to post. I am stuck in this house because of these burns and the ONLY life I have now is all of you... and you are no where to be found.
I am happy you all have a life... but I am loney. LOL

To top it off... MY FACE LOOKS LIKE **** !!!!!!
I am not very happy today.
I don't mean to gripe... but it is scarey to think this may be the way I look forever !!!!

Okay... so I am over reacting.
It has only been days. It will take weeks for it to heal.
I just need to gripe... I am home alone and no one to feel sorry for me.

Good Saturday morning/afternoon.
I have come to the realization that I have regressed.
I went from being a couch potato ...to becoming a computer chair spud.
My kitchen is still a cluttered mess.. and I sit here at this computer.

I AM ON PROGRAM STILL.
That is a one day at a time process too.
Someone wrote in another thread about relapse...
"In reality.. we start this woe new everyday."
Everyday we make the choices to stay on program or cheat.
Everyday is a new beginning.
Hopefully those days will add up to a lifetime of healthy choices.

Sit up saturday.... I have been sitting here long enough.
I am getting up and getting moving.
Old 01-26-2002, 02:45 PM   #12  

2Cute Sorry to find you lonely...I had to work this morning and have an awful cold. I just want to go to bed and stay there.

I even ate a cinnamin (sp) roll this morning, I felt so sorry for myself having this cold.

If you look as awful as you say it's too bad it's not Halloween..You could go out and no one would notice.

My niece is coming over to do some homework on my computer so I won't be here all afternoon but will check to see if you have cleaned your kitchen or not. Maybe while she is here I will watch that Oprah with Phil you were talking about.
Old 01-26-2002, 06:14 PM   #13  

Unhappy

So, 2Cute where are you!!!! Looks like I get to pout now.
Old 01-26-2002, 07:10 PM   #14  

I am still pathetically here.
I knew no one would be here and I didn't feel I should be the ONLY one posting.

Hope you are feeling better.
Thank you for thinking of me.
Old 01-26-2002, 08:51 PM   #15  
Falling, but fighting...

Hey everyone, how's it going? Long time no post.

2Cute: OMG! Sorry about your burns....Ouch!

I am currently trying to recuperate from overeating. I ate a foot long tuna sub from Subway and I feel like I am going to puke!

On the upside, I had wi today and lost 1.5 #. So I lost last weeks gain plus an additional 1/2.

Sorry this post is so short, but I am seriously uncomfortable right now.

Gotta Run.

Susie
46.5 Pounds Down
Closed Thread