Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 07:22 PM   #1  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Default Green Tea?

Last night, after having a cup of green tea (to stay warm, it snowed last night!) I realized that I couldn't finish my dinner, plus my normal 9 pm sweets craving was not there. I know I have seen green tea pills in my friends purse, but when I asked her about them she said that she just takes them because they were cheap and said "fat burner" on the bottle. I started to research it and WOW it seems like something that everyone should drink for many reasons.

What are people's feelings about it here? Anyone know the difference between the brew's, the pills, or the extract???

Curiosity. . . ..
Old 01-11-2007, 07:24 PM   #2  

Height: 5'2.5"

I love green tea. I drink it all the time, but mostly because I like it. Any benefits to it I take as a plus. I like to drink it "black", but I do find it helps with cravings. Wether that's just a coincidence or not, I do not know, but I'll take any help I can get!
Old 01-11-2007, 09:05 PM   #3  
it's always something

Green tea is probably good for us because of the antioxidants. The claims of "fat burner" are wildly exaggerated, though. Studies have shown that if you drink 4 cups of green tea every single day for a year, you might lose up to 8 pounds All of the recommendations I've read indicate we should drink real green tea and avoid the pills and extracts.

I like to drink a cup of tea whenever I have a craving. I don't think there's anything in it that helps, but it's more the act of enjoying a soothing beverage. It's just a peaceful moment for me. I particularly love the loose teas sold by Adagio.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 299/259/175

Height: 5'7"

I also brew some tea when I have a craving. I have found that just taking the time to brew the tea helps get my mind off whatever food I was thinking about, and by the time I'm done with my tea (I drink large mugs, more like a double cup) the craving is gone My personal preference is for loose teas from SBSTeas.com
Old 01-13-2007, 04:59 PM   #5  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Hi Jeni! Green tea is great. It allegedly has anti cancer benefits!

Green Tea
Old 01-13-2007, 05:35 PM   #6  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Hiya jcat!

Can't even remember how long ago I broke my diet soda habit - chronic consumption, but its been a few years now. (Funny that I'm sipping a fountain Diet Coke as I type tho' isn't it? LOL! ) But really-I just have occasional diet sodas now that I've switched to brewed iced tea - take a big ole jug with me to work every night and am constantly re-filling my lg fountain cups I save.

Yes, but aud . . . this Thread is about GREEEEEEN TEA!!!!

OKOK - soooorrrry!

Sooooooooooo . . . when I committed to being healthier and found 3fc early November - I began brewing an equal amount of GREEN TEA and adding that to my jug - about 1/2 and 1/2 'cause I can't kick the caffeine, you know?

I did it for the health benefits/anti-oxidant stuff I'd read - but upon reflection - I used to snack ALL NIGHT and now am barely hungry at work(!!!!!! ) - my mindless snacking resistance prob, is on down time/weekends and here I was blaming it on boredom/availability - but am now thinking its cause I don't re-fill the jug at all on weekends!!!!

Gosh I love the insight into my own behaviors I get when surfing this place! Tx gals!

*off to dump out d. Coke* *putting the green tea kettle ON!*

Last edited by aud; 01-13-2007 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:18 PM   #7  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the input ladies!! I am adding green tea at lunch and my afternoon snack, It won't hurt me and I like it so. . . . Plus my DH really is enjoying it which is weird he doesn't like anything I suggest.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:22 PM   #8  
I need buddies on MSN. D:

S/C/G: 240/159.5/140

Height: 5'6"

When I drink green tea I tend to feel full longer. But there's no way I can drink 4 cups a day like someone said. Icky.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:09 PM   #9  

I drink green tea sometimes when I'm craving something sweet. I have a Chai Green Tea that I love. It's nice and spicy.

I'd avoid the pills like Suzanne suggested. I've read articles where the pills were fillers only.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:32 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I try to drink some green tea when I can, as I like it and hear it has a lot of benefits. But I posted recently an article I saw that said that if you drink your tea with milk, the milk may negate the effects of the green tea!
Old 01-16-2007, 11:23 AM   #11  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Yes NO MILK in it!
Old 01-16-2007, 01:08 PM   #12  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

I can't imagine drinking green tea with milk, period **ech** (I only put milk to blunt the edge off black teas).

But yea, I drink green tea for enjoyment, not for specific health concerns. While I do have some loose leaf, my everyday green tea are the bagged kinds by Republic of Tea (current favorite is ginger lemongrass, a nice spicy kick.)
Closed Thread