Old 01-09-2007, 09:41 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #175 Bale of Turtles Setting Goals

:dc: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Morning all!

Happy hump day!

Well it is cold here but the sun is out so that is a positive thing! The scale is not moving an inch but when I say that to my husband he just tells me that I look good so that does make me feel better even if he only means it a little bit

Bandit: all of the ski areas are hurting here also and from what the weather man says it is not supposed to get much better for them this year... I guess the only places doing really well are the ones out west.

Judy: Thank you so much for keeping us on track and being such a good group cheer leader! You rock!

Adriana: How is work going? We are still slow here but have high hopes for the coming year.

Chris: Wednesday! Boy that went fast! I remember though... Best wishes for a great second semester!

Susan
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:34 AM   #3  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Susan, yep its hard to believe winter break is almost over for me. I had so many plans for things I wanted to get done....and then I didn't. Of course it didn't help that my MIL has been in the hospital since Christmas Day or me catching another cold. I just don't feel like the most enthusiastic person ever.

The Plan for the day is to just rest...while babysitting. I just feel worn out and tired. I was up most of the night because I just couldn't breathe. I do have an appt. with my rheumatologist today. I've been feeling like this since Jan. 1st. Maybe he will be willing to get me a prescription for some antibiotics. I just don't feel like I'm getting any better. We'll see though. I'd hate to take antibiotics if they aren't needed.

On the happy side, my MIL is getting out of the hospital today. The pneumonia and her other infections are all cleared up and they said she gets to be sprung. It'll take some recuperation time at home because she has emphysema, COPD, and Congestive Heart Failure but she is so excited to get out of there. 2 weeks is a long time.

Well gonna go. Babysitting duty waits.

Christina
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:56 PM   #4  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I got to my WW's WI this morning and was officially up 2.2#. Since the end of August I lost 8 pounds and regained some, so now I am down 5#. You know what? That's better than gaining and it's even better than staying the same. I stayed for the mtg. this morning, took care of myself, (dh is going to get stitches removed by himself), and I am going back for a second mtg. tonight. This evening group is the WW group I usually meet with and I am missing my friends. I've got a chicken cutlet thawing in the fridge, will have a sweet potato with it, and some green beans after the meeting.
I just read that paragraph and it's not too clear, but hopefully you'll see that I am inspired. Lots of chat about the snack changes on Core at the morning mtg. WW leader said lots of members had been "abusing" the Core foods, especially protein and milk products and basically grazing and smorgasbording all day long. Then they weren't losing weight. Also mentioned portion control, so I am aiming to do well in both areas this week. Many one week weight Watchers in this group lost 4-6 pounds their first week. Following Christmas, I can understand that, but it doesn't mean that I can't lose at least two pounds this week to get back on track. I've done well knocking off a lot of holiday weight. Now I've got to head to onederland. Help me out guys!

Chris, good luck back at school. I am so glad to hear that your dmil is doing better and will be released!
Princess, the weight will come off. And if your dh says you look good, you do!
Keep on doing what you know works and it'll come off. You've done great so far. :
I am so pleased with the weight losses here. I really feel we are good for each other.
Onward and Downward!!!!
Judy
Itryharder 234.6/217.2/thinner into onederland
Old 01-11-2007, 09:04 AM   #5  

Default Morning all!

Judy: I am with you! I am very frustrated right now but I am so commited to making 2007 my year that I make it to goal and maybe beyond and you know if I could average one pound a week I woud make it to goal and maybe a bit beyond but right now I am just stuck. BUT! I have faith and I have perserverance on my side so I will review again my food journal and see maybe what I am doing wrong and make what ever changes I need to make. I was really hoping to be down to at least 175 by my trip to Hawaii in April... not sure if I will make it but I sure would like to and try my hardest to make it happen.

All: I sure hope everyone has a great and on plan day! It is supposed to start raining here tonight and it is not supposed to stop until Monday, now THAT makes for a great weekend here in the flat lands cleaning up mud from dogs and family, wading thru parking lots and my back yard . I normally don't mind winter all that much but this year is not a normal winter and summer could just show up any time now as far as I am concerned

Have a happy day all!
Susan
Old 01-11-2007, 02:26 PM   #6  

Ladies: Good afternoon, guys. I try to post every day, but sometimes it just doesn't happen. Work is stressful and crazy, and my free time to post to this group are lunch, but I also have errands to run then, so... well, I do the best I can, and I appreciate the support from everyone! ;D

I did my WI last night, and I am down .4 from the last time I weighed in (the Wednesday before Christmas), which means that I lost any weight gained from Xmas and New Year's, and I also lost the weight I'd gained right before the holidays. So I can confidently say that I am back on track. If I can lose another 1.3 pounds by the end of the month, I'll even be on track for my 2007 goal.

Work is crazy and stressful, but at least tomorrow is Friday. I was so exhausted last night that I actually skipped working out. I have to be really, really tired to do that; I haven't skipped a workout because I was too tired in months. So I did my WI, took a shower, ate dinner and went to bed. I feel better -- not good, but better -- and I'll be making it to spinning tonight. That will make 3 times working out, and we're supposed to go hiking Saturday, which makes four. I'm going to try for five timse a week this year. I really want to get to goal! My mom says I don't have to go crazy, 4 times a week is more than enough. Hmm.

Anyway, nothing else to relate there...individual replies to everyone below...

Princess: Sorry about the scale not budging, but I agree with Bandit and Judy. Keep it up, it will come off. If it doesn't, we'll help you figure it out. I know it's frustrating, but keep it up. It will come off in the end, even if you have to shake up your strategy a bit. I'm glad that your husband is supportive. He has the right attitude, and so do you -- stick to it, not only CAN you do it, but I have faith that you WILL! Thank you, yes, I did have a wonderful holiday. My sister bought my mom an ipod shuffle, and she loves it. I'm wishing I had one! ;o Work is sterssful, incredibly busy. But, hey, what's new?

Bandit: Thanks for the good luck. <fingers crossed>

Chris: Sorry you're feeling sick. Do rest up. I hope you feel better.

Judy: thank you! I am excited about my goals for 2007, especially getting to goal and finishing off my college credit card debt. Sorry you're feeling unwell. Do you have any mint or peppermint tea around? That's good for an upset stomach, it's a natural anti-nausea treatment; I use it all the time for the nausea that I get from acid reflux (which has gotten better since I lost weight. ;D) Rest up and take care of yourself. You can tackle exercise, but for now, focus on getting well! Glad you liked Beekeeper's. Sorry about the weight gain, but you have the right perpsective, recognizing that overall you have lost 5 pounds, and that is much better than gaining or maintaining. So congrats there!! It sounds like you're rededicating yourself to the effort after the holidays, and that's great. The changes with WW have gotten my curiosity. What did they change about core? Flex?
Ariana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 02:41 PM   #7  
Focus on the Process

Well ladies, I played hookie from work today. I feel absolutely awful. I haven't been sick like this for years and I'm not liking it. Last night was panic attack after panic attack. I'm so congested in my head and chest that it just feels like I can't get enough air and then I PANIC! Not a good feeling and it makes for an uneasy day.

We got dumped on last night and early this morning with the good ol white stuff. I almost forgot what snow was like. Now we are facing subzero temps for the next few days. I think its an excellent time to hide in the house and play hermit for a while.

My MIL got home from the hospital yesterday and we took her and my SIL dinner last night. SIL was really quiet all through dinner and afterwards she jumped down my DH's throat for disciplining our middle daughter for throwing a tantrum. I don't know what's going on but she hasn't called our house for awhile and she told one of their other siblings that Kelly hadn't been up to the hospital for a few days to see their mom. Why would she say that? If he couldn't make it up to see her, he called her. He called her a few times a day. My SIL made some comments so I assume she is mad because she felt he didn't do enough. I don't know how to make it better. He couldn't be up there 24/7. He is our only source of income and she almost rubs off as resentful that he has that and also a family of his own to take care of. I know there isn't much we can do because he didn't really do anything wrong. Anyhow, so there is ALOT of tension. I told my DH not to take it to heart and just kind of let it run off his back because you could tell she had something else going on and just chose to blow then.

Gonna go lay down again. Feeling somewhat queasy and like I can't get enough air again. This just stinks!! If I'm not better soon, I'm going to head to the doctor.

Christina
Old 01-11-2007, 07:08 PM   #8  
Chick

Chrily,
I'm running out the door, but I know you need a hug right this minute!
Judy
Old 01-12-2007, 09:16 AM   #9  

Default Happy Friday all!

Morning everyone... well Friday is here and not a minute too soon! I am just done in this week for some reason... I made grilled cheese for supper last night and then sat in the living room chair and fell to sleep before 8 PM... I woke up after a few minutes as I normally can't sleep sitting up and just went straight to bed.

DH got some news... his company is being sold and they are going to relocate it north of here about 2 hours away... this is just not a good time for one of us to be with out an income... we are on a mission to get all of the bills paid off within the next 6 months with the exception of the home improvement loan and my student loans, they are much too large and will take way longer to pay off but once the credit card and car is paid off we will concentrate on them. That is the game plan and what we need to stick with. Not happy news but I have faith that God will provide and show us the way to maintain our lives in a fashion that puts a roof over our heads and food on the table. I will be looking for a part time job for evenings and weekends to help pay off as fast as possible so say a pray or wish me luck in finding a good paying second job!

Chris: Best wishes with your current delema... the SIL sounds like she adds a lot of stress to your lives... I am sorry to hear that as family is hard to ignore sometimes.

Adriana: Thank you for the encouragment! I know your work load is heavy so don't worry about checking in everyday... I run errands on my breaks also so I know how that is.

Judy: Have a great weekend and thanks for all of your words of wisdom and encouragement!

Bandit: Best wises for a very happy and on plan weekend!

I have to run but will check back later on.

Susan
Old 01-12-2007, 11:03 AM   #10  
Focus on the Process

Well I got some sleep last night and feel almost half human. I still only do a little bit before I feel absolutely wiped out. I haven't had anything this severe for years. My head feels ALOT clearer this morning though. Loving that!

We're still sitting at a balmy 10 below zero. Ewwwww! Hard to pull myself out from under the nice warm covers this morning. I just plan on staying inside until Kayla gets out of school. Get some things done here and there with lots of breaks in between.

Surprises of all surprises yesterday. As I was walking in the door yesterday after picking Kayla up from school, I got a flower delivery. I thought they were from my hubby because he knew how sick I felt. I opened the card and they were from my MIL as a thank you for helping everyone and all. I really appreciate them, but I wish she would have given them to Kelly. He deserves them soo much more than me. It was nice though. Still haven't talked to the SIL. I don't think Kelly has either. Just strange.

Well gonna go throw in some laundry, kick back for a few minutes and then do a little more and kick back some more. You get the pattern....lol.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:56 AM   #11  

Default Happy Saturday!

Well, W/I was just not what I had hoped at all... I was up .2 lbs so I have to review again and see what I am doing wrong... I am off to my Pilates class but I really needed to vent a bit, my frustration is overwhelming right now. I know that I need to increase my protien, fruit and veggies and decrease my carbs so I am going to try that this week, keep at my exercising and see what happens...

Have a great day and I will check in later on to see how everyone is doing.

Susan
Old 01-13-2007, 10:40 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Ariana - nice job on weight control over holidays & hooray for any kind of loss over Christmas. Good for you.

Christina - Hope you are feeling better. Take care of yourself.
Family problems, never fun. Things have a way of working out, hopefully soon.

Princess - Think positive. Sometimes you end off better off when something like this happens. My previous company closed week before Christmas & I was there for 13 years and was devasted. I ended up at same type of company making more money & working less hours. Remember "this too shall pass" - that little phrase has gotten me though some rough times. Hang in there. I'll be thinking about you & your family.

Everyone else - hi and have a great weekend.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:42 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Now to finish my post.

I got to gym 3 times last week for workout and once just for walk & swim.
BUT was up .4# at my w/i so was disappointed about that. Maybe too much wine Wed night and the salty Christmas nuts I finished off. Don't know.

So have to get rid of that plus hopefully more this week.

Have a good one.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 12:00 PM   #14  
Focus on the Process

Well morning...feeling even better this morning, with one exception. I slept so solid last night that I didn't do my usual flip floping all over the bed and stayed flat on my back. Now my back is extremely sore and stiff. Wed, when I went to my rheumatologist, he gave me prescriptions for an anti-inflammatory and a mild muscle relaxer. I think today I will go get those things filled.

I don't know what or when I hurt my back but on most days it hurts through my hips and groin area all the way through my knees. Its a really tight pulling pain, not like sciatica. If the meds and exercising don't help I think he was going to refer me to an orthopedist (?). I'm going to have to get my butt up and start walking on the treadmill. It feels better when I move anyone. Sitting and laying down really aggrevate it.

YOu know Bandit, being up only .4# isn't a whole lot. I'm confident that will just slide right back off of you unless its muscle you added. Great job on getting some workouts in.

Well gotta get going. Need to put some food in my mouth so I can take my meds without getting nauseous. Then I guess it will be shower time and do some errands.

Check back later.

chris
Old 01-15-2007, 10:33 AM   #15  

Default Happy Monday!

Nothing new here, just trying to stay on track and figure it all out.

Weekend had to be the fastest on record! It went so fast that it was almost scary. After W/I, Pilates class, grocery shopping and household chores there was nothing left... the alarm was going off and it was Monday morning. Oh well.