Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 01-02-2007, 09:46 PM   #1  
Under His mercy

Height: 5'9"

Default Jenny Craig Members - January '07

hi everyone - i've been gone for awhile, visiting family. but i'm back now and ready to start again! CONGRATS to all who have lost weight.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:40 PM   #2  
Under His mercy

How are you doing Christina? Kmb? Miss DC? Are you all still out there?
Old 01-05-2007, 06:12 AM   #3  
Under His mercy

I hope everyone is enjoying the new year and eating healthy. I'm going in around noon to the center for my weigh-in after having "celebrated" for two straight weeks! It's not going to be pretty

But I'm recommitting to the program today and I'll soon lose the weight I've gained back. Besides, I've got another vacation coming up in two weeks

Here's some extra especially for me!
Old 01-07-2007, 06:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/138.8/125

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Sunshine! Happy New Year.

Well I weighed in today and I'm up 1 lb. This is my first official gain. I was suprised by my 1.6 lb. weight loss last week, so I guess I'm still ahead.

Last week was tough for me emotionally, and I was resorting to my trusty friend food. Sad thing is after awhile the results of my eating only make me sadder. So I am going to try to stop the mindless eating and try to step up the excercise a bit. What is done is done and now I need to go back to living my new thinner life.

I hope all is well with everyone else. Take care!
chrstna446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 01:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 334.8/334.8/170

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone. Congrats to all the losers. I'm not one of them.

I've gained 10 lbs. I'm so depressed. I didn't show any significant gain until after New Years. It's like it all just appeared overnight even though I was eating a lot of what I shouldn't have. It would have been easier to take if it would have shown a gain each time I weighed, maybe I would have stopped (probably not) I weighed myself every other day to keep in check then... BAM.

I totally went crazy. There was Christmas, New Years, then my birthday. But, today I am officially back on my menu. I haven't had anyone from JC call me since after Christmas so I guess it's time to call them and find out if my consultant is every coming back (its been 4 months) or if they are going to assign me to someone. I'm tired of talking to someone different every other time. Or not receiving a call at all.
kmb73brwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 07:02 AM   #6  
Under His mercy

Christina and kmb - I totally went out of control with my eating between Christmas and Jan 7 and had my first official gain but I gained it fast and I'm planning on losing it fast. It is very hard to get back into the swing of eating less but I feel so much better when I do. I don't like the way I feel when I overeat and I know I don't want to go back to looking like I did before so that keeps me motivated.

kmb - make sure you ask to get your own consultant if your other one isn't coming back. I think it's important to see the same person every time.

Christina - I think that's terrific that you only gained 1 lb. My gain was close to 10 lbs but I'm not moving my ticker up!
Old 01-10-2007, 11:29 AM   #7  

Hey ladies,
Sunshine, i'm in the same boat. I haven't been eating well since Jan 1st. I had a whole plan for between Christmas and New Years and stuck to it pretty good but i didn't come up with a plan for after New Years and i've still had some festivities in the last week and i haven't been well prepared for them. I gained it fast too and hope to take it off fast but i'm less concerned with the scale and more interested in getting myself back on the healthy eating plan. The biggest thing is that i haven't been able to get myself back to Jenny in 3 weeks. I still have some leftover Jenny food, but i really need to get back this weekend.

My wedding is just 3.5 months away now and i'm starting to feel it getting close. I had my "surprise" bridal shower this weekend which was tons of fun but all this holiday/wedding business has gotten me off my routine. I'm hoping to have some quiet weeks so i can just get back to eating right and exercising. 3.5 months to go and 10 - 15 lbs to lose. I can do that!
Miss DC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:02 PM   #8  
Under His mercy

You can lose 15 lbs Miss DC, and you'll look gorgeous for your wedding!

I've been back on the program this week. I go for my weigh-in tomorrow and hope to have lost 6 or 7 of the holiday pounds.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:13 AM   #9  
Under His mercy

I lost 6 of the 9 lbs that I gained over the holidays!!

I'll lose the other 3 this week for sure. I'm on a mission, don't you know!

How is everyone else doing? Big plans for the weekend??
Old 01-14-2007, 02:31 PM   #10  

Hello Everyone!

Congratulations on the losing those 6, Sunshine! Keep it up!

Kmb and Miss DC how's it going? I hope you are back on track. Refocusing, for me, is sometimes harder than the first start. But remember how much you have accomplished and what you did to get there. Don't go back.

I weighed-in today and am down another 2.6 lbs. So minus my 1 lb gain, that's another 1.6 lbs. I'm almost at my halfway point, but I'm not sure I want to start doing my own thing. My consultant says it is up to me, but it seems like she really would like me to start. I still have quite a bit of weight to lose, so I don't know if I'm ready to test the waters. I might wait until I lose another 10 lbs. Are any of you doing the 2 days on your own? What has been your experience?

I tried the new meatball sandwich last week. It's o.k. The meat is a little mushy, but the herbs on top of the sandwich is good. Has the sandwich made it to your center yet?

Here's to a thinner week this week.

Take care,
Christina
Old 01-15-2007, 06:44 AM   #11  
Under His mercy

Congratulations Christina on losing this week!

I eat my own food on weekends but even after I get to my goal, I'm still planning on eating Jenny food during the week. I just love it and with the discount, I believe it's a great deal. Besides, I don't like to take the time to cook after getting home from work.

I tried the meatball sandwich on Friday and liked it. I'd get it again.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:34 PM   #12  

Hey ladies,
Well, the restart has begun. I officially have 13 weeks left till my wedding and i want to lost 15 pounds. My consultant and i are officially treating this like day 1. She convinced me to get on the scale so we'd have a weight to start with. I didn't want to because i knew i'd see a number i didn't like but i did and i'm glad i did. Sunshine, i wish my holiday gain dropped off just like yours did. Unfortunately i'm dealing with 5 added pounds now and just hoping that they're mostly water and will fall off relatively quicker than the other pounds usually do.

This past weekend i was on mini vacation with my fiance's familly and i didn't really eat as well as i had wanted. I brought my food but was tempted (and gave in) to some of the stuff around me. Weekdays at work are easy for me. If i dont pack it, i don't eat it. I have one more weekend getaway this week (dress fitting) and then i should get back to some normal weeks of staying home.

I'm trying out the meatball sandwich on Thursday. I heard it's even better if you wrap it in tinfoil and stick it in the toaster! I have been trying to think back to how i ate when i first started the program and here are two things that i'm going to try to get back to:

1. Eat what's on the menu - i put a ton of thought into planning my menus and in the past i used to just look at the menu and eat what it said is for dinner. Lately, i open the freezer and just stare inside and see what i "feel like". That is dangerous for me. I am much better off when i just eat what is planned and view it as fuel. The other way leads me to fixate on the different options and i have a hard time stoping myself from going back for more snacks that way.

2. Doctor them up! (Add Volume) - this really worked for me. I would doctor up all my dinners and just by adding a few veggies i'd end up with this giant meal in front of me. It also helped me add variety. I also used to go out of my way to serve them up on nice dishes. Now i just nuke and eat out of the container. That tends to leave me feeling like i want something more rather than how i used to feel like i had had a feast.

Anyway, sorry this became a novel! Starting over is so much harder than starting for the first time! Time to get my body back into it's fat burning mode!
Miss DC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:35 AM   #13  
Under His mercy

Miss DC - you have some great ideas! I'm going to the beach next week and won't be eating my delicious Jenny meals but when I get back I'm going to be like you and pretend I'm starting from the beginning and do what I did back then. I will lose these last few pounds.

We can do it
Old 01-17-2007, 08:33 PM   #14  

Hey Ladies,

We can do this!

I whole-heartedly agree that starting over is harder than starting fresh. So far I am better on my plan this week than last, but the I'm still not 100%

With your support, I know I can get back to where I need to be.

Christina
Old 01-18-2007, 01:12 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 334.8/334.8/170

Height: 5' 6"

Huge congrats ladies on losing this week. I was down 2 lbs this week but I can't help but think how much I would have lost if I would have stayed on the menu 100%. It has been a tough week starting back.

Miss DC you hit it on the nose. It got me thinking what I did when I first started on JC. I spent so much time creating my menus and now I don't even so much as look at one, not even when I place my order. I know what I like and how many meals I need. Why would I need to create a menu? Clearly I do. Plus, I quit buying as many vegetables so of course I wasn't getting full. I've also noticed that I when I go out to eat I'm back to my old habits. I eat until its gone not when I'm full and I don't even try to eat the healthier meals. So tonight I fixed me a JC meal and broccoli and I got so full. Plus I ate earlier and I did so much better. I have decided that I'm going to start creating my menus again (and follow them) and I'm going to start reading my JC books again to refresh me.

Keep up the great work everyone.

Last edited by kmb73brwr; 01-18-2007 at 01:20 AM.
kmb73brwr is offline   Reply With Quote