South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 07:19 AM   #1  

Default Weekend Warblings on the Beach!

CackleDoooooodle Dooooooo It's the weekend Chicks! Time to get up and make the most of it! But first... gotta fill my tank with cawfee Then find my Sandals Shorts and SPF...It's gonna be 74 here !!! Crazy weather

I'll check back later.. Darby and Casey are barking that it's time to go out!
Old 01-13-2007, 07:46 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sheesh! It's Saturday, Schatzi! The chickies are probably sleeping.

Little Chick, I hope you are sleeping this morning. You sounded pretty wrung out yesterday.

WildWoman, I just grab a handful of spinach. Yes, you may be overthinking this. Spinach is a great veggie so you can't overdose on it.

Lubajo, I hope you are sleeping soundly way out there.

Jetsetter, so nice to hear that your Grandma has rallied! Now let's hope for a speedy and complete recovery.

Schatzi,your weather sounds great but we have 21F and are heading into even colder weather. When they predict below normal temps up here, that's cold! 21F will feel like Florida by the end of next week. The woodstove held all night and kept the back room cozy. I think I've finally got my stove management skills back. It's part of my pioneer heritage. Today I need to lug in more wood, wearing the knee support!

There's other mundane stuff to do today besides the wood but nothing too thrilling unless you get off on trips to the dump, laundry and mopping floors!

Time to crank up the day. Pop in for a chat if you have time this weekend.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:51 AM   #3  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

74º?? Schatzi, that's just not even fair!! I haven't been brave enough to look out the window yet, but I heard ice hitting the house throughout the night.

I've had my coffee and cheesecake, the girls have been fed and are enjoying their special "coffee drinks" (half a cup of milk, a splash of coffee, and some splenda). In a bit, we'll head down to the basement to play and work on the project I started last weekend.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:53 AM   #4  
on my way to fabulous

Ruth, you snuck in while I was typing. Enjoy your day of mundane errands.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:33 AM   #5  

Morning gals!

I never made it in to post yesterday. School has been so busy!

Ruth Enjoy your day of errands.

Jet We are expecting horrible weather for the Dallas area. We don't get much inclement weather, so when we do it is major news. Freezing rain and cold temps for the next couple of days. I would LOVE to hole up in the house, but we have a birthday party this morning.

LC Hope you got a good night's sleep and wake up feeling refreshed.

Kim That will be great motivation to do a support group at work. We are having lots of fun wearing and checking our pedometers at school. Our official WI day is on Mondays, so I can't wait to weigh in!!

Schatzi My caw-fee does not seem to be pumping me up very quickly this morning.

Barb You shop at Kroger, don't you?? There are some good deals in their weekly ad this week.

Me- Just finished planning meals for the week and putting a grocery list together. Money is especially tight this week and next, so it is definitely SBD on a budget. Not always the easiest, but I am determined to do this and not use $$ as an excuse! I think I am going to hit the shower and then grocery shop before the birthday party. It really is supposed to get ugly as far as the weather is concerned.

Later gals!!
Old 01-13-2007, 09:50 AM   #6  

Hey all. Haven't been able to read the posts much lately, but finally did decide to suck it up and change my ticker to add the 4 pounds I put back on over the holidays.

Jetsetter, hope you didn't get too much ice where you are. I've got about 1/2" of sleet at my house. My parents and sister's family are down around the Springfield/Joplin area where it's going to be much worse. Hope they don't lose their power.

Kiko and Ruth - Hope you get all of your errands done without incident.

Schatzi - Enjoy your warm weather!

As for me, I got to the store Wednesday night before the bad weather hit, so I'm squared away. Got a quiche in the oven and a pan of granola ready to go in right after that. They let us go from work early yesterday because of the weather, so my project for the weekend is to get my bedroom completely (and I do mean completely) cleaned up. I finished cleaning out the closet last night and packed up the clothes that are too big for donation. Now it's on to clearing out the clutter that's accumulated on the entertainment center!

Everyone have a great weekend!
Old 01-13-2007, 11:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 179/168/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning All,

SHatzi - Wow, 75 degrees! I will trade you for our 20 degrees and dropping.

Ruth - Your day sounds a lot like mine except I will not be going anywhere unless DH does the driving.

JetStetter - Have fun with your weekend project.

Kiko - I understand what you mean abuot $$ for the right foods for us girls trying to eat healthy and lose weight. I look forward to the good weather when our local Farmers Markets start to open up. I have also found a great butcher (right in our local grocery store) willing to give me just the right amount of meat so I don't waste it. We only have a small fridge/freezer so I can't keep too many packages in it.

JunaM - Nice to get rid of "too big" clothes.

Sis - I hope you come on today so I can see what you're up to. I love you.

Me - Another quiet day due to the bad weather. At least DH drove us to a local grocery store (on very icy roads) to stock up again. We may brave the roads again tonight to go to church. We go Sat. night instead of Sun. morning so DH can watch his favorite news talk shows!

I plan to re-organize my craft corner today. I made a lot of Christmas things in there so it's kinda disorganized to say the least.

Sis, this is my three-day off so please pray for me!
Old 01-13-2007, 11:36 AM   #8  

Good morning, everyone.

Yesterday my car was coated with ice when I left work. 75 deg sounds great to me!

I'm going to a potluck tonight, and it didn't even occur to me till now that there would be any problems with this. I'm bringing fruit salad, so that my picky daughter will have something she can eat, but this wasn't initially going to be a party that included kids, and was planned back before I re-started SBD. And all the other adults are gourmet cooks. We're ending up with 7 elementary school aged kids coming, so maybe they'll cook lees exotic things than they usually do. Maybe I'll bring hummus and veggies, too, just to be sure that there is something I really LIKE that I can eat and still be phase 1.

Kim and Kiko - my workplace does a "holiday weight challenge" every year - weigh in before Thanksgiving, weigh out in January, and those who don't gain any weight get a prize. Out "weighout" is this week.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:38 AM   #9  

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Girls. Nice and early for me...8:15 here.

Schatzi: How lucky can you get...Enjoy ever ray of that sun shine while we all freeze...Brr!!! There is ice on our pond today.

Kiko: Have fun today at the Birthday Party...laugh much.

Jet: Have a good day with your girls..I have 4, all married now.

Ruth: Work, work, work...Baa! Don't over due it.

Jana M: Good luck cleaning drawers etc. today...I got one nightstand with 4 drawers done...lots of so called spring cleaning to do...enjoy seeing how nice it all looks when done.

As for me: I go to church this morning and then my usual thing Chaplin at the hospital...I enjoy meeting the people and visiting with them and hopefully bring a little cheer into their lives by my bright smile and positive outlook.
Then home to my computer and you gals...All have a good day.

Sis: Not leaving for over a week..will talk again soon.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:43 AM   #10  

Height: 5'4"

Back again...Rebel and Sis you posted while I was looking for smilies...

Rebel: Yes take some food you can eat just in case...Have lots of fun...always nice to watch the kids having a joyful time.

Sis: Beat you here this morning but slow on the smilies so you beat me after all....I am praying for your 3 days off..but we have a good start together and you are not going to blow it...
Old 01-13-2007, 11:58 AM   #11  
on my way to fabulous

I got the sofa and TV moved around, a new throw put on the sofa, and stuck some removable stickers on the wall in the play area...it is officially princess territory. If I could just convince them to let me pick up the mess, it would look really good. But every time I pick something up, something else comes out. A never-ending battle!!!

Speaking of battles, I think I need to go break up a tussle.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:00 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Morning everyone. I just have time for a quick post. DH and I are discussing whether or not I should head to Austin to see a friend who is in the hospital.

She's 26 and had surgery two weeks ago to correct her tilted uterus so that her and her DH could try to conceive. Well, she got a blood clot during the surgery, so they put her on blood thinner because the clot was in a spot they couldn't operate on. She was feeling fine 2 days ago and was finally able to get up and move around without pain. Yesterday her leg started swelling and she couldn't even lift it off the bed. It turns out she's bleeding internally into her leg muscle. The docs are confused and are unsure how to handle the internal bleeding without the clot dislodging. I'm very sad that I can't be with her, but there are a lot of reasons I shouldn't go.

First is the ice storm moving through that part of Texas, and the fact that it will take me 5 1/2 hours before I hit the storm (and another 2 hours after) means that I'll be tired by that point. Also, we're not prepared financially to make the trip AND I HAVE to be at work Monday to interview new hires. I'm so frustrated and everything's so up in the air!!
Old 01-13-2007, 12:19 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

KIM ~ I'm sending up prayers for your friend, that she improves and has a speedy recovery. I can understand that you would want to be there, however, you must think of your own safety, too. Can she use the phone? How about calling her for a heartfelt chat? That would probably mean a lot to her right now. Let us know how she's doing!

Ooops! I'll be back in later, my DD and GD's got dropped in!!!!!!
Old 01-13-2007, 02:08 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 218/178/145

Height: 5'8"

Kim-I will add my prayers for your friend as well. I do feel truly blessed to have been able to carry & have my children, and am still struggeling with certain things about others not valuing the sanctity of life/children-things dont always make sense. (my sister-4 kids-4 diffrent guys 2 adopted outside the family-2 she just got back and she feels no need to get her tubes tied-long story)
Jetsetter-how old are your kids? I had my niece and nephew for a year and a half and it is so quiet now-you forget all the little kid stuff when your kids are as old as mine.
Looking out my window-it seems we have the same amount of snow we got Wednesday evening. Sessions supposed to happen today got rescheduled. I should get back on my home repair projects-could build a nice fire in livingroom and put in the moulding-hmmmmm-ok someone kick me in the butt-guess I am just afraid of those compound miter cuts.
My boyfriend and his mother have some rentals in Palm Springs and I was supposed to fly down and help him do some repairs on a couple-but now they might just sell them all-and there goes my sunny vacation-and seeing my BF-he lives in Oregon-so if they DO sell I think he and I will take a weekend at the coast in Feb.
Guess thats all I have to report for now

WW
Old 01-13-2007, 05:57 PM   #15  

Hey there all-

Kim I will say a prayer for your friend as well. I agree with Cottage- you need to be safe, a daily phone call to check on her will let her know you care.

Jet I hear you on the toy mess! Since organizing my house over winter break, we have done a pretty good job of staying that way. My older DD has been taking more responsibility for picking up after herself which has been nice to see.

Rebel You can always eat something before you go. You will be less likely to snack and eat a lot if you aren't super hungry.

Lubajo, Mamajok, Rebel, and WildWoman Happy Weekend!! :waving:

The girls are snuggled up on my bed watching a movie on the portable DVD player. They are too cute!! The perfect thing for a gloomy, rainy day. The birthday party was fun- I always enjoy getting to chat with the other moms. Cupcakes and cookies, but I passed on both. The trip to Walmart was AWFUL!!!!! It was packed, everyone stocking up for stuff as they are freaking about the weather. Then we had to wait in line for at least 25 minutes. Annoying, but it is done!

Need more veggies and water today, I am feeling bloated. Not sure what is for dinner, that is never a good plan.......
Closed Thread