Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2002, 08:31 AM   #1  

Default rude awakening-now I'm depressed!

Hi,

Hope everyone is having a successful day so far

We just got back our Christmas pictures, and boy was it a rude awakening. I know you know how you really look, but somehow seeing it in full color in a picture makes it a million times worse. I don't know whether to burn the pictures, or hang one on the refrigerator to remind me to stop eating....the pictures are full length ones of me with my husband in front of our tree.

All I can hope is that through hard work, we will both be thinner for Christmas 2002!

just needed to vent-thanks!

have a great day-
Sherry
Old 01-18-2002, 11:24 AM   #2  
Keeping it simple...

Sherry... Know what you mean. To this day, it is always shocking to see myself in a photo. Argh!!!!!!! It's ridiculous... there are hardly any photos out there of me anymore cause I'm always hiding behind a family member, a family pet, a nearby vehicle, front-yard shrubbery, you name it... there are actually fewer sightings of me on film than Bigfoot.

Hang in there... and we'll all hang in there together...

Your partner in photo phobia...

Kath

Last edited by KathS; 01-18-2002 at 11:31 AM.
Old 01-18-2002, 08:18 PM   #3  

I know what you mean about those pictures! I have some back from when I first started, and I can't believe all the chins! I keep that picture, along with either a picture of myself at goal, or a recent picture with the obvious improvements on top of the tv, and when I am on the treadmill or doing a tape, I prop them up and look at them when I am thinking about quiting early. It seems to help! The other thing that always makes me feel better is the realization that #1 I will never be the person in the first picture again. Even if I had only been on this journey for 1 day, I am still that much closer to the me I want to be. #2 I may think I look awful, but I am doing something about it! It is in my hands whether I look like the before picture, or I become my after picture! Hang in there and don't lose hope, and you will look wonderful for next Christmas!

Nicole
Old 01-19-2002, 06:30 AM   #4  

Keep at it ...Its worth it in the long run...Your friend...Sherry
Old 01-19-2002, 09:24 AM   #5  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I had to laugh too. I have been TRYING to find a picture of me and it is a rare thing. LOL. it does feel good to have it in your purse as motivation when you wonder why and why not eat that. It also may drag you dwon thining that it is so much to lose but in honest if you do not do anything then you will be just as heavy next year. so any change will be better. so you go girl and have that picture just for your self.
Old 01-20-2002, 10:24 AM   #6  
hot mom wanna be!

Talking we can all relate to picture trauma!!

I know exactly how you feel. I have had the same feelings. Even though we know we are big,we don't really believe we are THAT big until we see it on film. The camera doesn't sugar coat anything does it? It just tells you the truth. I have a full body picture of myself from when I first started losing weigh last January (2001) and when the picture came back I was so embarrased and didnt want anyone to see it-but who was I fooling? Everyone sees what I look like!! LOL I don't even have a family portrait of me and my son because I was always going to wait until I lost weight which of course never happened! I am going to do one this Christmas of us (he will be 7 then!!) no matter if I am close to goal weight or not. That should be some incentive for me, huh??

I say keep your pictures and go back and look at them every once and a while. One day you will look back and not believe it when you are at your goal!! (the whole before and after thing!)

lorelei
(313/275/160 goal)
Old 01-25-2002, 01:23 PM   #7  

Hi,

Thanks so much to everyone who replied to my post. I figured most people could (unfortunately) relate!

I have had a miserable week with trying to lose weight. I'm job hunting (company I worked for was bought out...sigh!) and being home with the refrigerator, even though we don't have any junk food in the house, isn't helping.

I'm still waiting to do the family portrait thing as well. But I did have pictures taken with my son last March as a surprise for my husband. But those were really just from the shoulder up, since my son was sitting on my lap.

Thanks again,
Sherry
Old 01-29-2002, 02:02 PM   #8  

Red face Pictures

I can surely relate. It's hard to deny the weight-gain when I look at myself in a recent photo. I'm praying that this year will be my year to get to goal and stay there! My pity party must stop!

Take care all!
Closed Thread