Old 01-11-2007, 12:35 PM   #1  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Default Hmm, no more juice for me!

Let me start by saying that I LOVE juice, especially apple juice. I used to drink about a gallon of it per week. When I started WW in August I quit drinking it because I wasn't willing to spend the points on it. I do still purchase juice for DH and the kiddos, however. This morning as I was making my oatmeal and getting the milk out of the fridge I saw the bottle of juice and looked at the label. I calculated that I could have 1/2 cup for 1 point, and thought yeah, that sounds good. Well, I took that first drink and didn't finish it. It was so sweet and icky that it tasted gross to me! I guess now I'll no longer look in the fridge and think boy that apple juice looks good!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I will drink juice occassionally but i mix 4 oz. of juice with 4 oz. of water.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Kelly,

I was the same way with Dr. Pepper (granted, not has "healthy" for you as juice..haha). I started having a heart murmer and depression about 5 months ago... and so I swore off any caffeine at all (other than chocolate every now and then). I must say I'm proud because I haven't had any caffeine since last July. We were having a game night the other night and I took a sip of my husband Dr. Pepper and it tasted like straight sugary syrup. Amazing how our bodies and our taste buds get so used to a certain flavor... but when we're away from that flavor and taste it again - it's a whole new taste. So, I'm not even tempted by those kinds of drinks. I'm a milk and water girl. Every now and then I'll have a cup of Sierra Mist (at game nights).... but even that's no caffeine.
LondonJulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:13 PM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Kelly, that is GREAT!!! Isn't it amazing what we once thought we couldn't live without now has ZERO appeal? Not to sound over dramatic but this stuff is really and truly life-altering.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:36 PM   #5  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

I don't like juice for that reason.

Also, I only really ever drink water and so when I order a diet coke at restaurants, half the time I think that they have given me regular coke because I am not used to the sweetness......... it tastes like the full on calorie syrup **** to me......
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 02:40 PM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

When I'm feeling sick, sometimes I'll drink orange juice. I have to water it down a lot though.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 02:49 PM   #7  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Height: 5'8"

My biggest Thing was Coke.....I haven't had one since Nov.....love Diet Sprite.........
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 05:58 PM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

I have to water down my juice as well. It's just too sweet.
hautbois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:23 PM   #9  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

My big thing (as of 1 1/2 weeks ago!) was approximately 6 cups of coffee a day with about 4 tablespoons...yes, tablespoons...of sugar and creamer in each cup. I was so embarrased by this 'habit' that I'd try to sneak the sugar into my coffee when I was out in public. I'm happy to say that its now been 4 days since I've used any sugar at all...and I'm down to 1 cup of coffee in the mornings with Splenda and fat free half-and-half. Its nice to think that sugar might not taste good at all to me again one day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:50 PM   #10  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Funny how our tastes really do change! Why is this, does any one know?
Monkeybabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 12:44 AM   #11  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

I agree, our tastes really do change. While the idea of mixing water and juice together sounds like a good plan, after the way it tasted this morning I'm not even tempted to do that! My beverages typically consist of tons of water and a little bit of milk each day. If we're dining out often times I'll mix lemon and sweet 'n low with my water for a quick lemonade, but that's about it. I haven't had a glass of soda since August, and you know, I don't miss it! I was never a diet soda fan, always left a nasty taste in my mouth. New Years Eve I did have a drink, but mixed it with Sprite Zero. I think if I do at some point decide to drink some soda, it will be that....no calories, no caffiene, and there wasn't an aftertaste that I noticed! OK, the rum that was mixed in MIGHT have eliminated the aftertaste....hehehe
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 09:15 AM   #12  

I've never been a juice person, it always tasted that way to me. I'm glad you broke the habit and no longer crave it. I drink a tiny can of v8 each morning just to get another serving of veggies in.
melissalaurel is offline   Reply With Quote