Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-10-2007, 09:53 PM   #1  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Default Resisting temptations

Hi All!

This evening my skinny husband and son pounded not just one but TWO LARGE pepperoni pizzas!! I did my sniffing thing of the pizzas and pretended that I was actually EATING them, but enjoyed a spinach omelette made with fresh spinach and Eggbeaters instead. I really piled on the spinach which I absolutely LOVE cooked or raw, alone or in just about any dish. I added some freshly-grated nutmeg, salt, and pepper for extra flavor. Mmmmmmm! I think that this was one of the first times that I actually thought first about nutrition and my weight loss goal BEFORE I thought of how wonderful that pizza would taste! I guess I'm making progress!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:01 PM   #2  
Destination:ONEderland!

S/C/G: 375/360/199

Height: 5'9

I've been fighting temptations lately. The other day my sister bought a double cheeseburger and the smell of it was lovely,but I resisted.Usually I would ask for a bite. Yesterday she bought a bavarian cream filled donut and I asked for a bite but then I said "NO! I gotta fight temptations!" (lol!) What else? Oh! I was tempted to buy something sweet from the grocery store,but I ended up not getting it. I just have to keep saying no.Soon I won't even think about or care for those things. I'm afraid of eating something that I'm not supposed to eat because that is how I got off track last time I tried losing weight. I am NOT GONNA FALL into a trap again! No way! Gotta keep going in the right direction!
IwannaLoseIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:33 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I discovered awhile back that just because something smelled good didn't mean I had to put it in my mouth! So when I smell some yummy food, I am more able just to enjoy the smell of it, without having to feel like I have to eat it. Maybe that sounds nuts, but smell really is an enjoyable sense by itself. And it's good, because the world is full of good-smelling foods.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:05 PM   #4  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I do the opposite. I'd actually grab a slice, take one bite, and my temptation is satisfied. If I don't, I may give in to the full temptation later.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/125/125

Height: 5'4

Good Job girl!!!!
Cheercoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 04:59 AM   #6  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

Good for you for resisting temptation. Alas, I gave in to a white chocolate-mac nut cookie yesterday ~ dang catered late afternoon meetings.
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 07:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

Cheryl and Iwannalose it: great job on exercising your will not to eat! I had a walloping 2504 calories yesterday! I'm actually laughing about it right now, its so ridiculous! It was all healthy food, but calories are calories. Luckily the scale didnt go up this morning (a huge surprise). Whenever I work from home I just eat so much! Darn it because my boss is out of town the rest of this week so I'll be working from home again today and Friday. Today I'll get out of the house for errands, so I expect it won't be so bad. Also, I usually make it to the gym when I go to the office because its just right across the street, but when home I rarely make it there. I'm going to test an elliptical today that I think I'll be purchasing. It would be GREAT if I could work out on the day's I'm home, right in the house so I have no excuses whatsoever. Perhaps if I had exercised it would have killed my munchies.
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:41 AM   #8  

Cheryl, good for you! Pizza is a tough one for me. We had pizza last week and I had PLANNED to just have one slice, but I lost my mind and stuffed myself. I was good, BUT I really felt it the next day. It wasn't worth it. I felt sluggish and bloated, not to mention regretful. So now this week I'm remembering the pizza incident and trying to stay on track so as not to let the pizza catch up with me. I wish I'd had your will power!

Last edited by Gogirl008; 01-11-2007 at 08:41 AM. Reason: sp
Gogirl008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:16 AM   #9  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi Gals!

I once ate A WHOLE CHEESE PIZZA, and it was a large New Yorker! There's something about cheese...

I'm figuiring out that to meet my goal I have to develop this really different mind set now. I have to focus on heading toward fitness and thinness, and I have to stop thinking about food as tasty and sweet and cheesy! I have to see it as FUEL instead of an actual EVENT in my life! This mindset change is absolutely new and VERY HUGE to me.

I never realized how many hours of my day were consumed by thinking about what I would eat next! No wonder I ate so much! It was like a non-stop movie marathon of food in my head! It was a true addiction just like those who crave the next cigarette or the next drink!

This realization of the hold that food had over me for so many years is a very new thing to me. I'm surprised and ashamed that I got to age 55 before I figured this all out! I'm thinking that I was buried under denial far more than I ever had imagined it was possible to be!

In many ways I feel reborn! Several of you have said this before, but it just is hitting me now!

Good luck to all of us today in our battle against those pounds! I'm off for a "date" with Gilad, my step aerobics guru on DVD!!!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:17 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 130/103/107

Height: 5'3"

My husband wants to get a large pie tomorrow. We each have 4 pieces. (but I usually don't eat the 4th). I will eat pizza because it's not an everyday thing plus it really jump starts my metabolism. Splurging once in a while helped me get to where I am today. But splurging alot is a no no!! So good for you! stick with what you are doing ladies!
LittlePaperStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:31 PM   #11  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Last night, I was in a rush to fix dinner after taking a late afternoon nap. I cooked some baked chicken and baked some fries. I hadn't eaten much all day, so I thought it would be OK to have some of the fries. Then, I realized I couldn't do it and made me a salad to go with the chicken instead. DH and DD sure didn't turn down the fries.

When my family eats pizza, I make my own pizza on a LC wheat tortilla and I'm satisfied with this.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:46 PM   #12  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

My DH is a pizzaholic. It's like a drug for him! He can't go more than a week without it! I have all the points for the different pizza places written down on their menus so that when we order I know the value of each slice. I've been making salads and sometimes even a hot veggie while waiting for the delivery guy. I eat my salad/veggies BEFORE I take a slice of pizza so that I'm almost full and not craving, then I eat ONE piece....period. No extras just because it tastes good!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 02:58 PM   #13  

Height: 5'6"

Those Domino's anything goes commercials have been tempting me. That pizza looks so good! The whole new promotional deal has been tempting me - has anyone heard about their $9.99 deals on ebay? It is really cool, they sold a car and a tv for only $9.99 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMU4W...elated&search=
I love pizza - can they make a fat free, calorie free pizza for me? That would be a dream come true!! (but it would have to taste the same!)
blueberry3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:32 PM   #14  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi Cheryl!!! Yes, I too feel as if I've been reborn. September 4, 2006, when I started this lifestyle change is a day I will celebrate as my RE-birth-day. You mentioned how much you USED to think about food, well for me it was also constant, but I think it may be EVEN worse now. It's always on my mind. I'm always planning, shopping, chopping, cooking, eating and cleaning up the mess. Oh well. I would like to wake up one day and not THINK about food. I don't think that day will ever come.

Anyway, great job on resisting the pizza!!!! Pizza IS a tough one. I've basically done the same thing Boater'swife has done - I've made one slice of pizza along with a big salad my dinner about every 3 weeks or so. I'm just not ready to give the stuff up. I couldn't do this forever if I was depriving myself of my favorites from time to time.

Hope your "date" went well.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 04:47 PM   #15  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

fighting temp happens all the time, it's like i get these little voices in my head that keep telling me to fight!! omg pizza it the worst because my favorite meal in the whole world is pizza and ice cream for dessert!!! (i know)sometimes i make it sometimes i don't. currently i'm working on three days strong without a binge!!!
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote