Old 01-10-2007, 08:40 PM   #1  
Wanna Be a Loser

S/C/G: 221/206/155

Default Have any of you tried the Advantage bars?

I had one yesterday (half as a mid-morning snack, the other half as an afternoon snack), and my weight did not go down when I got on the scale this am. The package said 2 net carbs, but that was factoring in sugar alcohols. Is it possible that doesn't work for me? Did any of you have problems losing after eating these bars? Either way, I don't think I will buy any more of them.
jokemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:28 PM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

those bars always stalled me out for about a week and a half after.

When ever I had an atkins bar, I knew I was coming close to a cheat...everytime!!

I used to keep them for emergencies in the truck....now I keep jerky instead. I dont stall out eating jerky.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 04:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

I prefer the South Beach Meal bars.

Some people stall because the react to the sugar alcohols, some don't. I've been lucky to be one that doesn't. But if you are one of the people that stalls on sugar alcohol, I'd be very reserved with them. I don't eat many of the bars, if I did maybe it would be different even for me.
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 06:22 AM   #4  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Thumbs down Are they REALLY acceptable for Induction??

Since Dr. Atkins death, "Atkins Nutritionals" has taken over. They claim Atkins Advantage bars & shakes are acceptable for Induction...Dr. A did not say that. Of course, you have to keep in mind, they are a company and their goal is to make $$.

The bars tend to stall a lot of people. While they do not contain sugar alcohols, they do contain glycerin...which is how Atkins Nutritionals accounts for the 2 net carbs per bar (they deduct the 10 grams of fiber from the 22 carb bar & they also deduct the carbs in the glycerin, which is how they arrive at the 2 net carbs). As Dr. A clearly stated in the 2002 DANDR (Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution) these bars are OK in an emergency. If you are noticing they are stalling your weight loss, my advice would be, stop eating them. As with many other foods...what works for some, doesn't work for others. It takes a lot of trial & error, but...when you find what works, stick with it and you'll do just fine

All the best to you!!

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 07:34 AM   #5  
Wanna Be a Loser

S/C/G: 221/206/155

Thanks, ladies!!!

I won't be getting any more of those
jokemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 02:25 PM   #6  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

I think it just depends on the person, cause everytime i do atkins i have both the bars and the shakes and they have never stalled me out, but my friend did the same thing and it did stall her. so if they are not working for you, just stay away from them. good luck in your loss.
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote