Old 01-10-2007, 05:40 PM   #1  
For a fit, healthy me!

S/C/G: s3x/s2x/healthy and fit

Height: 5 feet even

Talking As you increase your water, does this happen to anyone?

Okay, over the last week I have increased my water to about 3l a day. I am pretty good with it. However, the last few mornings when I get up my mouth feels like the desert. It is soooo dry--almost like hangover dry. Am I just odd or do other people notice this. I am trying to finish my water by 6 or I am up all to the the BR. Thanks!
Casey4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:04 PM   #2  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Casey, I think I know what you mean!

The water thing is funny, isn't it?

I have read that when we don't get enough water...we don't feel as thirsty, we don't miss it, or crave it. But when we start increasing it, our bodies start to really crave the water more and more. We feel thirsty more often.

I think it's because once our bodies are hydrated, they kind of "remember" how much they actually need

DISCLAIMER!!! I am not a scientist of any kind...and therefore, my opinion may be taken as complete hooey if desired...

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:04 PM   #3  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Height: 5'8"

No never....maybe you have allergies??
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 176/129/129

Height: 5' 6.5"

I haven't had this happen at all. Just wondering if maybe you have any other symptoms of diabetes? (Extreme thirst is one of the symptoms, I have heard). Not to scare you. Just wanted throw that out there for you to think about...
SlimLindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:43 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Sorry, I've never had it happen either. And I am a huge water drinker, before my lifestyle change and after or is it during? Could it be realted to something else you've changed about your diet? Ummmm, but I do spend a lot of time in the BR. Not that you needed to know that.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 07:08 PM   #6  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

I tend to agree with Linda, it might be your body's way of telling you it's thirsty, especially if you aren't drinking water after 6pm.

As for the bathroom, I remember having to go every 5 min it seemed once I started drinking 8+ glasses a day. It took a few weeks, but my body got used to it and now I don't live in the bathroom anymore.
Raelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:01 PM   #7  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelynn View Post
As for the bathroom, I remember having to go every 5 min it seemed once I started drinking 8+ glasses a day. It took a few weeks, but my body got used to it and now I don't live in the bathroom anymore.
I've been back on track for 3 months now and I'm still waiting for my body to get used to the water!! At least I have something else to look forward to.

Casey - I've never had that problem, but I agree with Linda and Raelynn that your body is just thirsty.
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:25 PM   #8  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

I think that what Linda says makes sense (but, then I am no scientist either ). Because, I drink a LOT of water, like a gallon a day and I notice that oftentimes this does not even quench my thirst. But, I have ALWAYS been like this. Seriously, when I was a baby (drinking from the bottle still) according to my mom, I would always want water, not milk or juice. It was to the point where my doctors wondered if I had diabetes and actually tested me for it. Well, I don't have diabetes, I have just always been watergirl!

(sorry for the kinda random anecdote!)
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:30 PM   #9  
ugggg.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey4 View Post
Okay, over the last week I have increased my water to about 3l a day. I am pretty good with it. However, the last few mornings when I get up my mouth feels like the desert. It is soooo dry--almost like hangover dry. Am I just odd or do other people notice this. I am trying to finish my water by 6 or I am up all to the the BR. Thanks!
I had this happen too and I have been checked for diabetes at my last physical. I agree that our body is craving it thinking we are going to stop again. Once you get to the right levels and your body knows it will have enough to stay hydrated the dry mouth will go away. (I am no scientist either--just speaking from my own experience)
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:10 PM   #10  
For a fit, healthy me!

S/C/G: s3x/s2x/healthy and fit

Height: 5 feet even

Default Thanks ladies....

I'm going to go with Linda's theory. I like it (hooey or not )

Kathy
Casey4 is offline   Reply With Quote