South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-06-2007, 09:54 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Pets - 2007

Since most of us have furries, finnies or featheries, here's a pet thread so we don't bore the non-pet people to death with our chat!

Please introduce your babies and post pictures if you like.

I'll go first.

My two Girls are mother and daughter, Hershey and Lucy, Portuguese Water Dogs. They are spoiled rotten but really are good dogs. They are both registered as therapy dogs and visit hospitals and nursing homes with me. They absolutely worship me - something everyone needs. Hershey is almost perfect but Lucy has some nutsy behaviour quirks - like eating my eyeglasses three times in 2005-2006 ! January 3 was the one year anniversary of the last munch!

Here's a pic of the two of them in their usual position!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:33 AM   #2  

I have two wonderful furkids, Lucy and Simon. Lucy is a brown tabby and Simon is a grey tuxedo cat. The are spoiled rotten and I love them to death. Lucy is pretty much the self appointed Queen of the apartment and is very kind to us commoners . Simon's nick name is Puppy because I believe he was one in a former life. He will eat anything that is dropped on the floor and runs to the fridge any time the door is open to see what he could eat. He also has this habit of 'begging' for food when I'm eating dinner.

Here they are taking an afternoon nap:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Afternoon Nap.jpg (27.7 KB, 26 views)
annarenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 01:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 179/168/145

Height: 5'1"

Default Lil Bear

My little Angel is a registered Maltese...he brings us so much joy!

DH and I read together every morning...while I read aloud he is on DH lap, when my DH reads aloud Lil Bear is on DH's lap...then we pray taking turns...when one of us says Amen...Lil Bear starts to jump up and kiss, and make squeaking sounds...he knows it's time to go potty!

He lies on a pad on my desk when I am at my computer...he's right beside me now...I am passionate about my dogs...have had them all my life. Now we're retired and living in a condo, only room for one dog.
mamajok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 01:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

Ok i have three pets: a black lab, a brittany spaniel, and a black cat!

The two pictures are of my black lab when she was a puppy and the other one she was sick in the picture but its just to show how she has gotten bigger! She has the biggest attitude and LOVES to play fetch. She is too strong for me to walk her so my father is training her (they are all family pets) She is 14 months old

The brittany is named charley and he is beautiful... the only picture i have of him is sleeping! haha! Well, he is a great looking dog and he is so well behaved now- he used to be a terror kind of like abby. He is 3 years old and i try to walk him 3-4 times per week when the weather permits.

Timmy the cat is really old he is either 8 or 9, no one really knows! We got him from an adoption center and he acts like a dog. In our old neighborhood he actually chased other dogs! He used to fat and then we put him on a diet but hes fat again because two people have been feeding him dinner thinking they were the only ones doing it!

I really love my pets
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cutie.jpg (50.5 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg abbyold.jpg (16.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg charley.jpg (16.7 KB, 17 views)
RocknRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 02:44 AM   #5  
TRIATHLETE!!!!!

S/C/G: 274/255/130

Height: 5' 5"

Oh, what sweet babies you all have! annarenee, I think ALL tuxedos think they're dogs -- ours certainly does.

I'm Mom to two rescue cats. Our older boy, Morkmer, is an oatmeal tabby. He just turned 4, but still loves to romp and play. We were given him by a former neighbor who travels too much to really take care of a pet. He is the original love kitty. Look at him and he starts purring. (That's where his name came from -- it evolved from "Snortmer" because he purrs so hard he snorts.)

Our younger cat, Milo, just turned 2, and he's a handful. He's a bundle of energy in a bandit mask and fancy dress (he's a black & white tuxedo). His favorite games are baseball and fetch. He's also got a nice, big voice and he's not afraid to use it. We call him our Clown Fuzzy because he's so wonderfully silly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Milo.JPG (41.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Mork.jpg (42.3 KB, 15 views)
cinderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 11:04 AM   #6  

Here's a cute game to play... find out what breed you are and Who owns Who in your house I'm leader of the Pack and I'm a Great Dane...

http://www.dogshowusa.com/games/prof...tbreedru.shtml
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 11:11 AM   #7  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I have a Chocolate lab named Molly. She is wonderful. We also now have 12 chocolate lab puppies. They are 3 weeks old and completely adorable. We have a cat named Robo, he is quite a character. We recently inherited a yellow cat that someone had dropped off here. He is called scaredy-cat as he is afraid of everyone but sticks around for the food. I'll post pic's after I get them. Pets are so much a part of our life.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 01:22 PM   #8  

This is my baby, Brutus. He's a Puggle (mix between a Pug & Beagle). This pic is old, but I don't have any newer ones. I gotta work on that!

Brutus14.jpg
ChrisnAmy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 02:17 PM   #9  
Come on Spring!

Default The Pups I was Looking After This Weekend

The little darlings have gone home now. Both my Girls are resting up from the three days of fun, fun, fun!

The attached is from one of the few quiet moments of the weekend with Lucy trying to grab a quick nap beside her charges. She's the Mary Poppins of the dog world and just loved playing with the little guys although she's five years old!
Old 01-08-2007, 12:23 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 150/142/120

Height: 5"

Default My buns

My house rabbits are two mini-lops named Casper and Cooper. I adopted them about two months ago from a boy who could no longer care for them! i can't find the pics I posted earlier... They are the best pets ever! They are litter box trained and pretty much run the house. Cooper likes to watch tv. Casper likes to rest until he gets really excited and then runs REALLY fast in circles and does lots of binkies (bunny happy dances where they jump in the air and shake all over!) before passing out again.
When I first got them they didn't trust us very much since they never got let out of their outdoor *gasp* cage, but now that they have gotten used to bossing me and my BF around, they are quite the little rascals.

Edited by Ruthxxx: Here's the link to the post with the pics. Cute furries!
md8384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:38 PM   #11  
Come on Spring!

I went to the groomer today with Lucy's puppy, Oreo, all 50 pounds of him! He's a big lad for nine months but behaved really well. He's much too skinny so I'll be doing a diet consult with his owner tomorrow. Here are a couple of pics of him before the event. I'll try for after pics later.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:47 PM   #12  

He is so a dooor a bull Ruth!!! Good stock !! how big do portuguese water get?
Md: I was able to see the pics and they are CUTER THAN A BUNNY EAR!!!!

Such a cutie Puggle too!
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:58 PM   #13  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Wow, Ruthie, Oreo is so big!!! Your two girls are just fantastic...after meeting them I can understand even better why they are therapy dogs. They are just the right size for hugging and snuggling! What sweeties they are!!! The beagles are adorable too...who were you watching them for?

Love everyone's furries, but was THRILLED to see another 'bunny slave' in md3484! We've been bunny slaves for almost 7 years now and it's great fun...those binkies are such heaven to see! Our two are Bella (Head Bunny In Charge of Everyone and Everything) and Denali (I'm Just Here For The Treats). Denali went through a sex change this year...aka we found out 'he' was a 'she' during a vet examination. I'm having trouble remembering to call him 'her'! Bella is 6 and Denali is 3. We also have a rescue pup, Lady. Pics of all three are below. Bella is grey, Denali is white with dark ears, and Lady is the one that looks like a dog.

beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:34 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Two of my pets (and one of my animals)

Well I have 2 fur babies...We have a Chinchilla named Chili and that's my youngest DD holding him...and we have a pooch named Gidget (but most of the time she's called puh) my middle DD started that one. My DH calls Gidget the little Pupalump..or the Master Puh. She has many alias and answers to ALL of them! She's 2 yrs old and is a Lhasa Apso/Pekinese mix..and totally rules the roost!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12-27-06 257.jpg (45.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Windblown Gidget.jpg (42.5 KB, 18 views)
PHinsUP! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:54 PM   #15  
TRIATHLETE!!!!!

S/C/G: 274/255/130

Height: 5' 5"

A chinchilla! How cool!

What is it about some animals that make us constantly modify their names? Morkie (the oatmeal tabby) has about 20 names, half of which he'll acknowledge. Pretty good ratio of acknowledgment to name for a cat!
cinderly is offline   Reply With Quote