General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 08:46 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Birthday Bracelet

HERE IS THE BRACELET THAT I BOUGHT MY WIFE FOR HER 4? BIRTHDAY TODAY...YES, IT IS TINY...LOOK CLOSE. IT IS RIGHT BELOW THE ATTACHED THUMBNAIL LINE...wink

Last edited by EZMONEY; 08-03-2007 at 10:02 PM.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:01 PM   #2  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

aww, very nice
Old 01-07-2007, 09:29 PM   #3  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

GOOD EYES! FUTURESURFERCHICK! THANKS.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:56 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

sapphires? I like sapphires a lot. I think I'm the only woman in the world though that wishes DH wouldn't buy me jewelry.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:16 PM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Amethyst...my Feb. Birthstone...Angie Has My Graduation Birthstone Ring From High School That My Folks Got Me. She Has Plans To Make A Pin Out Of The Stone...I thought This Might Go With It.

p.s. There are probably a lot of gifts Angie wished I hadn't of bought!!!!
Old 01-07-2007, 11:58 PM   #6  
Pending Email Confirmation

That is lovely. I like it a lot.

As for gifts she wishes you hadn't bought... my mom has drawers full of them. *LOL* once dad bought her clown earrings for her birthday... sterling silver somewhat pricey earrings of clowns. actual clowns. what the **** he was thinking I will never know. poor mom. not even one of the worst gifts either.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:36 AM   #7  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

Really pretty!! You have good taste!!
Old 01-08-2007, 08:40 AM   #8  
Just Me

Hey on a different computer, I can see the purple hue now. I like amethysts as well.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:07 PM   #9  
No description available.

Very pretty.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:31 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Very pretty.

I've handed catalogs and brochures to my DH and pointed out the exact item that I wanted from it and he still won't buy me jewelry!!! Once, I told him exactly what watch I wanted for my birthday and what jeweler he had to go to buy it. He waited until we were eating my birthday dinner with my inlaws and he said to me, do you want to walk to that jewelry store so we can buy the watch? I was so mad I refused to go to the jewelry store! Needless to say, I didn't get anything that birthday.

Well, last year I went one step further. I printed out the exact specifications from Tiffanys and handed him the printout and said, "buy this for my birthday!" I wear it daily. But it wasn't any fun.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:00 PM   #11  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

It's funny. I just read an article in our local paper that said most partners are worse at picking out gifts for their SO than complete strangers who pick out gifts based on gender stereotypes. The article also said that the longer you are in a relationship with someone and the better they know you, the worse they get at picking out gifts for you. This is because they think they know you so well that they don't need to listen to your hints, wish lists, or even very explicit instructions.

I know this is the case for me. My SO is terrible at picking out gifts for me. Luckily, he will buy me stuff off my wish list but once in a while I'd like to be surprised. This Christmas, his big surprise for me was a Britta pitcher. Our old one died and I hadn't replaced it so he thought he'd get me a knew one. The problem is that I hadn't replaced it for a reason; our water is so disgusting that I didn't think the Britta filter really cut it (when you freeze our water, some sort of mineral solidifies and then floats around in your beverage once your ice melts--I don't know what that is, but I know the Britta filter doesn't get rid of it and I don't want to drink it) and had decided to just buy bottled drinking water from now on. And he knew this; I know I told him about my decision (and nevermind how dull and unromantic it is to get kitchen stuff as a gift and that we've also had conversations about this). Sigh...I guess this is where the not listening comes in. Luckily he pretty much stuck to my list for the rest of the gifts.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:02 PM   #12  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Gary, You have very good taste!! I love amethyst; my most favorite stone, and wish it was mine instead of aquamarine.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:20 PM   #13  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

I really like how the links resemble an Ichthys (sp?). Great choice I'm sure she'll love it.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:22 PM   #14  
Just Me

My DH is awesome at picking out gifts for me. I think I am ok when it comes to getting him gifts. The only problem is I wish he wouldn't spend the money on something like jewelry. Although I think my best presents from him are the notes he gives me that are so sweet I rather a sweet written note than jewelry any day.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:38 PM   #15  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

It's lovely. You must be a romantic type of guy. It shows as B/W for me. I'm glad some of the others described it.

My DD is so upset with me because she was born on Jan 31. She likes the Feb birthstone much better. I had to explain to her that "SHE" made the decision to be born a month early and on the night of my third Lamaz class. LOL.

How sweet you are.
Closed Thread