Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2001, 10:16 AM   #1  

Default Tae Bo

I would liek to buy a tape and start this exercise. Has anyone had success using these tapes?
Old 07-30-2001, 11:26 AM   #2  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Default Hi,

I'd like to hear from some Tae Bo doers too. I have been alternating the TB Basic Tape w/ another vdeo for about a week and a half now. I am very BAD at it. The kicks are almost beyond me, but I am going to keep it up. What I'd like to know is, does it ever get easier?
Old 07-30-2001, 03:00 PM   #3  

Default TB

I know he has a msg. board on his product web page. I use to go there a lot, you can find a lot of people chatting about his tapes there... I use to work out to just his basic, and have lost weight, but along with other workouts mainly some form of walking..
Old 01-19-2002, 10:24 AM   #4  

Angry Tae-bo

HI! I am new here, but everyone seems very friendly and supportive. I LOVE the Tae-bo. I am 42 years old, and I love the low impact. The kicks at first were a little beyond me. I work in a doctor's office so I just pretend whoever irritated me the most that day is on the receiving end of my foot LOL!!
And it DOES get easier. Like everything else just give it some time.
Lauri
Old 01-24-2002, 08:41 AM   #5  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

I do Tae-Bo and LOVE it! It's a wondeful work out....yes it does get easier, but it takes time. Just keep it up....the advanced tape is REALLY, REALLY hard. I am talking so hard toward the end, the skinny, little, perfect, in shape, aerobic instructors he has working out with him are screaming! But hey, Keep with it and it is bound to change your body!

I don't do the advanced tape all the way through yet....like I said it is a process...and it takes time. Keep working at it.

Denise Austin has a really good kickboxing workout. It has 2 -20 minute workouts on the tape, and it isn't as hard as Tae-Bo. She drives me crazy being so peppy all the time, but her tapes are always good, so I just turn her down, and turn the music up!

Hope this helps!
Old 01-24-2002, 08:55 AM   #6  

Default Tae-bo

lodyangel,

I don't do the advance workout all the way through yet either.
And I agree about Denise LOL!! She is a very nice person, I'm sure but cut me a break!!!
I alternate my tae-bo with an old (about 10 yrs) Jane Fonda step aerobic workout that I used to do. There's this really tall skinny woman on it who drives me nuts!! Shes always all smiling and "work your body now, yadda yadda yadda" LOL I try not to listen or look at her, but the work out is fabulous!!!
Gosh I need a saucer of milk this morning!! It's not quite 7 here in the foothills!
Have a great day!!
Lauri
Old 01-28-2002, 03:57 PM   #7  

Hi everyone!

I've been posting on these boards for a while and I'm relatively new to Tae Bo but I do love it. I've purchased several basic workouts off of Ebay and alternate them so I don't get bored. I also enjoy Crunch videos and use those in between for variety. My question is how long was it before you notice a change in your body? I also have a hard time towards the end of the videos with some of the kicks but I do alternate moves or lower kicks until I'm in better shape and can keep up more. I really do enjoy the program though. Do you all do Tae Bo everyday?
Old 01-29-2002, 07:49 AM   #8  

Talking tae bo

good morning!! I exercise every day but alternate tae bo with a step work out. Sorry if I am repeating myself
When I was first doing the tae bo, I found it easier to hold on to the back of a kitchen chair during those last 500 or so round house kicks at the end of that first basic video. It's ok really. You are still moving that leg and working that bottom, however you aren't falling over!! LOL
I do feel much better. I felt better after a week. And noticed the pants baggin a little on my seat after about 2. Try and stay with it, and it gets easier.
I used to be nervous leaving my job downtown when it was dark about for about 2 months after we "fall back". Now I feel very fit and confident that if anybody jumped me I could maybe defend myself. (or atleast kick him or her in the kneecap LOL) Now, of course it's light outside still when I leave.
Everyone hang in there and keep up the good work.
Lauri

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one"-John Lennon
Old 01-29-2002, 12:18 PM   #9  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Thumbs down IndyLaury

Your closing signature is so .

Is all this tae-boing making your waist smaller?!?
Old 01-29-2002, 07:35 PM   #10  

Default taebo

thanks on the signature. Appropriate for some of us eh? ;-)
Actually I find my waist line has shrunk but I still have that blubbery thing below my belly button LOL!! I wonder if lipo is in my future? (just kidding) I was wondering if anybody here used the ab-roller or something, and if so, does it make your stomach flat or just hard?
I probably went off topic here, sorry.
indylauri

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."-John Lennon
Old 01-29-2002, 10:34 PM   #11  

HI
I was just reading your forum on TaeBo, and I purchased the tapes about 2 years ago. When I first did them the basic seem so easy so I got the advanced. We'll it was hard and before you know it, things came up & i stopped exercising & the weight came on and now I'm back to the basic tape and boy is it hard.
The question about the ab-roller, I have one of those and it does help, but I think I have to get the fat off first before you even begin to see my abs I got my at a garage sale, so it was cheap...
Back to tae-bo, are you all doing it every day? I would like to post here and maybe it will help be stay motivated...
Old 01-30-2002, 06:17 PM   #12  

Default tae-bo

Oh my gosh!! I did the exact same thing last year!! Bought the advanced tae-bo cuz I thought the basic was easy!!! Anybody want to buy a barely used Advance Tae-bo workout? just kidding. Please stay with it you guys!! I don't know how old you all are, but I am 42 and I truly find it easier every day. I often forget how old I am. Somedays I tend to act about 30 years younger!!
1day: Did you read my tip about holding the chair? Very helpful on that last set of kicks. Eventually you will have your balance. For me when I gave up the chair, I felt very triumphant! Smug even
Thanks for the ab info! I know what you mean though. Good idea about the garage sale. This spring I'll have to look, if I don't find one before that.
lauri

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."-John Lennon
Old 01-30-2002, 11:42 PM   #13  

Hello All
Thanks for the tip on using the chair, I just have to make sure I don't sit down and just watch the video...(I've been know to do that) I know what you mean on the age... I turned 40 last november and for the 1st time in my life, I actually feel older. I think gaining 10 lbs this past year and over 30lbs the last 4 years has taken a toll on my body. I have always been so active, but this past year, I've seemed to slow down (I've also been depressed about my weight)..
But this year I have made the committment to myself that I am going to lose the weight..
Old 01-31-2002, 08:01 AM   #14  

I saw some "inspirational" tae bo videos, but I haven't watched one. I don't know if they would be motivational or spiritual, or what exactly. Anyone? And is there a workout on them? It's early in the morning here, so excuse me if I am incoherent LOL!!
1day: Keep the commitment going. We are here for you.
Gotta go. Must have coffee.
Lauri
Old 01-31-2002, 11:41 PM   #15  

Hello
I haven't seen the "inspiritional" tapes, are they selling them on tv? DO you do your workouts in the morning or nights? I have a hard time getting up and then in the evening it seems like I always have a excuse. I am determined to lose this weight. I would like to lose about 30 lbs. so far I've lost 2 lbs...
talk to you later..
Closed Thread