Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-04-2007, 03:18 PM   #1  
Cruisin' for a Losin'

S/C/G: 278/249/170

Height: 5'9"

Default Back in the saddle....again

Well I used to post hear about 8 months ago. And I used to have buddies. I am sure that they are gone. I am looking for new ones (and maybe an old one if they see this!)

My Story is a typical one (or maybe not)

I am 24 years old. I teach 4th grade. I am a part time graduate student. I have been heavy all of my life. When I was in 8th grade I wore a size 18 and it only got worse from there. I struggled with diets from the age of about 11. I weigh 276 lbs. I am 5'9" and am really out of shape. The irony is that I am really "healthy" I went for a physical a week ago and had good blood sugar, good cholesterol and low blood pressure. I almost wish the news was not good.....another motivator to kick my butt.

In college I hit a great stride. I was exercising, I wasn't eating junk and I lost about 80 lbs I got to 201 lbs. I could never reach ONEderland. And then I fell off the wagon....hard.

In the past 3 years I have gained back every ounce. (I have had loses when I attempted to lose weight agian.) Up and down up and down.....unfortunately more down than up. As of this date I weigh 276 a mere 2 lbs from the weight I started at 4 years ago.

I am here again. With a sense of motivation to truly change my life. I will do it. I have to do it.
Chestnutlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:12 PM   #2  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 216/116/125 100 Lbs Lost!

Height: 5' 1" Tall

Welcome back! We are all in this together and here for one another. You can do this and stick with it. The important thing is you never quit trying. Best of luck and glad to have you back.
Libby1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 04:43 PM   #3  
Cruisin' for a Losin'

My greatest difficutly is forgiving myself. For ruining my own hard work.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:04 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

Don't let other factors force you into dieting. The best motivator and the best weight loss secret is simply WANTING to do it, and nothing should stop you from getting to where you want to be.

I started off at 248, I lost 90 pounds, and then I binged back up to 252, so I understand how it feels. And for 11 months I said I HAD to do it again. Nothing got me to start because I didn't want to. Then I just finally decided to want to change again.

It will be hard, but that's why you have us to complain to!
Gamerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 05:11 PM   #5  

I also used to post here...but I've never been successful at sticking to any program long enough to see any real results. I may lose 4-5 pounds, but then I fall way off the wagon and gain 20 pounds. This has led me to a 40 pound weight gain in the past 2 years. I would love to at least lose those 40 pounds plus the 20 pounds I wanted to lose back then. I have all of the tools to do it (and have had them this entire time) but lack motivation. I came back here, because at least when I am posting on here I feel accountable and motivated. Seems when I stop posting here is when I stop working out and start eating everything in sight!!

Maybe we can do it this time for good!!
hzrdus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:16 AM   #6  
Cruisin' for a Losin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamerchick View Post
Don't let other factors force you into dieting. The best motivator and the best weight loss secret is simply WANTING to do it, and nothing should stop you from getting to where you want to be.

I couldn't agree more!!! I am always the most successful when it is my decision. Not because someone made me feel that I had to do it! So far I am about 1.5-2 lbs gone. I can and will do this!

Mari