South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 07:36 AM   #1  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Default Saturday Chick Chat

Morning chicks.... the tea and coffee pot are on.... rise and shine.
The weather is yucky here, raining like crazy.
Well I am off to the showers and then to pick up DH he gets sprung today. Not sure what time but I must be there no later than 10.
What's happening on your towel this morning??
Old 01-06-2007, 07:42 AM   #2  
Ready to Change

Kiko- Yes DH did have back surgery. And he is a mixture of both take care of me, get me a drink, etc and leave me alone. So it should be interesting. But he is so glad to be getting home to his own bed. Thanks for asking.We have two dogs and a cat and fish, but I can understand how you feel about getting a dog, they are just like kids and sometimes harder to find babysitters for, I may have to move closer to Ruth. ;0 Have a great day.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:48 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning and it's raining here too! Sixteen wet and muddy paws!

All the Doggage slept until 7:30, all went out for potty and have had breakfast. Whew! Not bad for fifteen minutes! I am snapping pics madly but am not sure how well my camera is working. (I must get the magnifying glass and read the darn manual!) The Big Girls are doing OK - Hersh is acting like Queen Victoria and snubbing the wee ones but Lucy is right in there playing with them and sleeping beside them when they doze off. I hope this doesn't lead to another phantom pregnancy.

Not much happening here today except dog sitting but I do intend to de-bling my bling tree.

What's a-happening at your house?
Old 01-06-2007, 09:07 AM   #4  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

G'morning!! I got to sleep in today, but woke up engorged. Owwy!! I certainly won't be stepping on the scale until at least Tuesday morning...after the kiddos are home and my boobs are back to normal.

Yesterday evening I took the girls to meet their dad, and the little one screamed and clung to me as soon as she saw him. She wanted anything but to get in his truck. Little backstory...I kicked him out when I was 5mo pregnant with her, so he's not as much a father (and certainly not "Daddy") in her eyes. He's just this guy who she and sis go to see every once in awhile (along with the evil stepmother and their half-brother). I bawled for the first 30 miles of the trip back home...something I don't usually do. As soon as I got back to town, I did some retail therapy and then treated myself to a nonfat decaf latte at Starbucks.

Now I'm off to be Super Organizational Woman today. Tackling the disaster that is the basement (playroom/office/exercise area/laundromat). I have grand ideas, and probably need a lot more time than I have available!
Old 01-06-2007, 09:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning all,

Just a quick "hi", as I'm off to visit my Mom & Dad for a bit. So far it's looking like it's going to be a quiet weekend around here. I haven't heard from DD yet, whether she and the girls are coming out today or not. It's so mild out today, that I can even open some windows to air out the house! I wonder what the rest of winter has in store for us?

L.C. ~ I'm glad your DH made it through his surgery all right, and is coming home today. I guess you'll be pretty occupied taking care of him for the next few days, huh? I believe most men are high-maitenance and enjoy being waited on. I know Jake is like a helpless baby any time he is feeling under-the-weather.

Soon ~ Back!!! We've really missed you!

Well, I'm off for now, I'll probably check in a little later.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:39 AM   #6  

Morning gals!

Jet Hugs to you- I am sure that was awful last night. One of my close girlfriend's son has the hardest time adjusting and leaving when he goes to see his dad. I know it is super hard on her.

Cottage Enjoy time with your parents today.

Ruth Glad to hear that your babysitting is going well! It has got to be an active household you have going right now.

LC Good luck with getting DH home. I am sure you are ready to have him home.

Me- Meals are planned and I have grocery list ready. I have spent this morning shopping the ads. I don't know if this is a national thing, but our Walmart will price match grocery store ads. It is a bit of pain to go through the ads, but I can save some money!!

Okay, need to get these girlies dressed and ready to go. Library is on the run around list for the morning as well.

Later girlies!
Old 01-06-2007, 11:57 AM   #7  
RNMOM

Default Good Morning

It's bitter cold and freezing here. There's some sort of icy snow going on, yuk. I long for the sound of the Saturday morning lawn mower.

Ruth, wet muddy paws.......16 of them??? You truly are Mother Ruthesa!

Little chick: have fun having dh home. In the hospital we say that if someone is cranky they are getting better.

jsetter, when you get done with that organization thingy?????? come on over!

cottage, mild out???? Can I come over and play? Enjoy your parents today.

Kiko, we are on the same page. I have some shopping to do to get the house replenished to get me through phase one.

Me? Well, my hubby is going on a business trip Monday to England (poor thing) and he'll be gone for 10 days. So we are planning on spending some quality time together today. We do have to meet with my youngest son's military unit. They are in the process of demobilization and want us to know what to expect. He's been in Iraq since February and it will be nice to have him home. We're hearing that it may be as soon as April. Well, I'm off to get a handle on the day. I'm trying to "de-bling" too.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:55 PM   #8  
Ready to Change

Hi chicks just a quick pop in. DH is home and is doing so so. Having a few cranky moments. I am sooo tired. I had a little snooze on the couch but woke up as soon as I heard him trying to get up. I guess my mothers ear still works. Well just want to check in, I am still staying faithful and today is day 4although I do need to increase the veggies. That is my goal for the day. Well I must dash need to pick up dd from work and goes exchange dh crocks for a larger size. I will be back later I am sure this will help with my sanity.
Old 01-06-2007, 05:02 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 179/168/145

Another busy day! Cleaned out kitchen drawers and cupboards, then went to Costco and grocery store...making sure I always have enough of my food on hand. Tomorrow I am going to prepare as much food as possible for the week so I am less tempted. DH has been very supportive and fixes most of his meals for himself but I also cook for him when he's not in the mood. I don't seem to have a problem with that.

As for excercise I am still 'thinking' about it. I hope to get over to the club house before Monday to see there schedules for the pool. I am praying they will have the pool open very early since I get up so early.

Keep on top of your goals gals.........we are all going to be so much healthier!

Love you sis,
Old 01-06-2007, 05:28 PM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whew! I tried to connect the camera to download puppy pics, couldn't find the port (?) and ended up losing the power to the drive! I have a good old fashioned extension cord now and it's working. My new desk has a fancy dancy console with buttons to control everything and I think the tower connection is not getting juice. Never did figure where to connect the camera although I've done it before. Maybe tomorrow.

It's been a fun day with the Doggage and I've had a steady stream of folks wanting to see the pups. We'll all sleep well tonight!
Old 01-06-2007, 05:43 PM   #11  

Height: 5'4"

It's so nice to see you back...I miss you when you don't post. Jo...Can you tell me what the f1-12 buttons on the computer mean...I pushed f-11 to get red of all the things on top but forgot how to get them back...do you understand my problem...I can hardly wait until Monday to weigh...Love, Lu
Old 01-06-2007, 06:02 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 155/141/138

We got our Christmas decorations down today - the living room looks "naked" without them, but it was time. I also used our elliptical in the basement (a joint Christmas gift to each other) for the second time. It is nice to have it there, and it was nice to have DH finally clean the basement!

We are wating on dinner, as a good friend from High School is moving back to the area and it out house shopping with her husband. I am hungry though and hope they call soon - as using the internet as a distraction!

Have a great Saturday!

Ally
Old 01-06-2007, 06:03 PM   #13  

Height: 5'4"

Raining here too in the Redwoods...Hate the rain...
Went to church this morning then on to the hospital to do my Chaplain duty...I volunteer to do that Sat. Afternoons.

I visited 10 patients and their 10 family members that were there visiting. I try to bring cheer and encouragment to all of them...It does hurt when it is a child...I try to get them to smile and bring each one of the children a finger puppet.

I am home now and planning on a relaxing evening playing Skibbo. My girl friend and I always seem to beat our poor husbands...smile...

Glad that Little Chick's husband is home...but I will say men are bigger babies when home and ill than any woman.
Try to get some rest between running back and forth for DH. God Bless you all....Off for water...
Old 01-06-2007, 07:02 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 179/168/145

Hi Sis,

On my keyboard, the F1 key is 'help' the F2 is 'Undo', F3' Redo' so and so forth. Is that what you mean?

I am excited about weighing on Tuesday since I started a day after you.

I did weigh the second day of my program just to see and was please to see it was working. I know the first few pounds are water but it still made me feel good and gave me hope to carry on.

It's strange you didn't see my other posts so the only thing I can figure was I was posting in a different thread.

Hopefully we'll both be on at the same time soon.

I love you sis,
Old 01-06-2007, 08:13 PM   #15  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

I'm pooped tonight, and it's just barely 7:00. I spent most of the day in the basement cleaning and getting stuff put where it needs to be. I'm only about half done though. I'm going to do as much as I can tonight and hope to finish in the morning. Also need to get the Christmas decorations out of the yard and the lights off the house sometime in the near future.

But right now I'm enjoying the quiet. If I'm not careful, I'll fall asleep right here in my comfy chair!
Closed Thread