Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 06:52 PM   #1  
Ginger

S/C/G: 202/195/180

Height: 6'3"

Default CLA--has anyone had success with this?

I'm curious to know if anyone has tried CLA, and if so, the results you had, side effects, etc. Thanks!
Old 09-09-2006, 07:03 PM   #2  
it's always something

There is evidence (though it's not conclusive) to show that CLA can help you keep the fat off once you've lost it, so it's definitely something worth considering. However, it has not been shown to help you lose weight. It only helps keep it off after you've lost it.

According to a study at the University of Wisconsin:
Dr. Michael Pariza, who conducted research on CLA with the University of Wisconsin-Madison, reported in August 2000 to the American Chemical Society that "It doesn't make a big fat cell get little. What it rather does is keep a little fat cell from getting big."

Pariza's research did not find weight loss in his group of 71 overweight people, but what he did find was that when the dieters stopped dieting, and gained back weight, those taking CLA "were more likely to gain muscle and not fat.'' In a separate study conducted at Purdue University in Indiana, CLA was found to improve insulin levels in about two-thirds of diabetic patients, and moderately reduced the blood glucose level and triglyceride levels.
The effects of long term usage are unknown. Side effects include mild gastrointestinal complaints such as nausea.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:59 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

HI Maryjo,

I would like to welcome you to the forums. I looked up Calorad and it doesn't contain CLA (which was the initial topic of this forum). It looks like it contains Aloe Vera juice. Quite a few detox drinks contain aloe vera juice. Does it really do anything? Who knwos. If someone was interesting in Calorad (or any product), I'd suggest they do research into the ingredients and buy the ingredients themselves instead of buying a product that is marked up in price.
Closed Thread