Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2002, 12:52 PM   #1  
Thin Within

Talking Steel Magnolias #136

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

Welcome to all of you who come to read this site. We would love to have you post a message also if you feel inclined. We are just a group of ladies who want to be friends as we go down this road to thin. We are using different methods to lose weight and welcome all who wish to join our little family of flower. You can come here with all your life's issues for that is what we are all about. What we are living also affects our weight loss efforts. If we can be of help or you know of help you can give us - jump right in.

LORRAINE I will have you and your Mom in my prayers. And you, my friend, are under a lot of stress right now so it isn't any wonder that you have put your program on hold. Do a maintain while all this is going on with your Mom then get back to it when you have your coping mechinisims in place nice and strong. Lecture over.

Well ladies this is my 14th day and I am looking forward to this evenings weigh in meeting with the Iron Monster.

Have a lovely Monday everyone.
Old 01-21-2002, 05:32 PM   #2  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
It's a sunny 50 degrees outside and I just got back from my walk. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood! I have card club tonight and the hostess is also a WWer so I am sure there will some veggies there.

Maggie -- I will check out the recipes. . . I just discovered I have that same cookbook when I was looking for something else. For someone who doesn't like to cook, I sure have a lot of cookbooks! Good luck at WW tonight!

Lorraine -- I hope your mom is feeling better! This sure hasn't been her lucky couple of months! Be certain that you take some time for you; you (and your family) are in my prayers.

Have a great Tuesday, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 01-21-2002, 10:36 PM   #3  
Thin Within

Default Day #14

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

YIPEKIO the iron monster showed me down another 1.4 for a total this month of 7.9 pounds gone forever. I can dig it~yes I can.
Old 01-22-2002, 05:28 PM   #4  
Web Nana

Good Afternoon Magnolias
Been a busy day today. Went to lunch with DH and a friend from church. Had a lovely meal and now to trying to stay OP for the rest of the day. We had to go food shopping when we got back from lunch and, of course, then it was put the food away! Always my favorite part.

LORRAINE Sorry to hear that your mother is back in the hospital. Hope they will have her problem straightened out in no time. It takes a lot out of one to have to keep up the house, kids and visit the hospital. Take care of yourself!!!! You and your family will be in our prayers.

MAGGIE Another loss!! Keep up the good work. You know you can do it.

JEAN We seem to be having your weather just a couple of days after you. After this weekend's snow today was sunny and cool. It almost felt like a January thaw.

Gloria in MA....haven't had a full nights sleep in a couple of nights so I think I will say TA TA and just veg out this evening.
Old 01-22-2002, 10:15 PM   #5  

Good Evening, Flowers!
I am heading off to bed shortly. . .it's been a long day.

Maggie -- congrats on the loss! You are doing great! I maintained tonight and guess I will blame it on salty pretzels that I ate last night. DUMB! You'd think I would learn!

Gloria -- we've had another nice day and the temperature was 49 degrees on my way home from school. The only snow that is left is on the north side where the sun can't get at it and it's just a smidgen here and there. I went for a walk after school and it was so nice. I'm sending it your way!

Have a wonderful Wednesday, Flowers! Another week is almost half over and the month is flying by.

Jean -- and from Iowa!
Old 01-23-2002, 12:49 PM   #6  
Thin Within

Default Day #16

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is a bit chilly here this morning but come the weekend we are expecting the Santa Ana's to blow and that means WARM it will be here. I am still staying within my daily points and have really sruprised myself. I can do this thing.

GLORIA I hope with all that grocerie shopping you bought some nice OP foods. A few snack items to take the edge off and some nice greens and meats.

JEAN A MAINTAIN is a gift especially if you packed water from those pretzels. You do know if you eat a dill pickle it can put as much as two pounds of water on you. I try not to eat pickles a couple of days before weigh in. Keep on program and you will do fine and those expected pounds will go and take friends with them next weigh in.

Here we are already at humpday ~ my how the time is flying by. This go around with my program I am doing something different. I am not letting a day start without first looking at my tracker and knowing how many points I have to use. It helps me keep my focus. Days used to get away from me.

Have a lovely day flowers.
Old 01-23-2002, 05:53 PM   #7  

Happy Wednesday, Flowers!
It's a colder day here because the wind is blowing BUT the sun is still shining!

Maggie -- I should have known better than to eat the pretzels . . . somehow they just jumped right into my mouth!
I love dill pickles but I don't eat them very often just because they are so salty. Do you eat the same amount of high and low points every other day or just vary it from day to day?

Guess I will go dream up something for supper. DH is working at the church again tonight. We are moving back into the sanctuary this Sunday; the organ pieces will arrive in a semi which took a week to load. We will have a potluck and then unload the semi which should take about three hours. It will take a month to install the organ, I think, and it has to sit for a certain amount of time to get used to it's new home before it can be tuned.

Have a terrific Thursday, Flowers!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 01-23-2002, 11:05 PM   #8  
Thin Within

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

I have had a good day with my points. Had all 3 meals and still have 2 points left to have something later. JEAN I am following my points as layed out in my chart. Since it is working I am not tinkering with it.

Have a good night all.
Old 01-24-2002, 04:17 PM   #9  
Web Nana

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It has been a rather eventful day. We woke this morning to find that Dunkin, the dog, had had a seizure during the night. He couldn't get up and before the morning was over he had two more. DD#1, his owner and DGS, Mike, 17 came over and we were able to move him to the vet's and he had another seizure. He was put down. There was nothing left to do. Grandson was very shaken but it was good that he was able to see the dog and to pet him and be with him for a while. This is an especially hard time as we are approaching the 6th anniversary of their husband/father's death. We will all miss Dunkin as he was a very good dog. Just yesterday he was walking with DH and they went through the elementry school yard on this street while the schoolkids were playing soccor. The games came to a halt and the kids surrounded Dunkin and were patting him and he loved it and just stood there wagging his tail.

MAGGIE More kudos are sent your way. You are really on a roll. I don't mean a cinnimon roll either!

JEAN It sounds like a lot of work but it must be very exciting to be getting back into the church. I hope you aren't the one to unpack the organ and put it together.

LORRAINE Hope your mother is getting better. We continue to remember you and your family in our prayers.

Gloria in MA.....must start thinking about supper. Something with a low point value will do.
Old 01-24-2002, 07:04 PM   #10  
Thin Within

Talking Day #17

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

What a lovely day in the neighborhood. Lots of robbin red breasts out today. About 50 on the lawn in front of me. Yep, folks I am still on it. My program is doing what it is supposed to do. The Schwans man came today and brought me my order of chicken breasts and pork fillets. Do any of you buy from them? They sure have good cuts.

LEASHA What you do is just pick a group you feel comfortable with and put in a post. There seens to be a thread or two or three for just about everyone here on this web site. We would be glad to welcome you here with us if you chose. We are a varied group of women walking down this road to thin together and giving and getting support from each other. Come join us for this walk.

JEAN I made the Oven Roasted Stew in that same book and it turned out great and the serving size is adequate. Not at all skimpy.

GLORIA That is so sad to lose a pet - a member of the family they have become. Cinnamon rolls do sound good. Humm. I will have to work it into this program.

Everyone have a great evening.

Last edited by Maggie; 01-24-2002 at 07:07 PM.
Old 01-24-2002, 10:39 PM   #11  

Good Evening, Flowers!
Boy! It took me a long time to get in here tonight; I was about ready to give up. It's been a long day -- I left the house at 7:20 this morning and just got home from bell choir about 8:30. I am thinking that bed is looking pretty good!

Gloria -- I'm so sorry about your pet . . . it's a sad day and I know how you and your family are feeling. Dunkin makes me think of donuts. I think I may be supervising the organ transfer since I don't do much lifting.

Leasha -- welcome to our group! I am Jean and live in Iowa . . . not too terribly far from Kansas.

Maggie -- sounds like your plan is working and you've got it down pat. I will check out the stew recipe -- we haven't been home at the same time all week so I haven't done any cooking. I do like the WW frozen dinners!

Have a fantastic Friday -- we are supposed to hit 60 degrees this weekend. I can't wait!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 01-25-2002, 05:22 PM   #12  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
I'm on my way outside for a walk; just came upstairs to change clothes and couldn't resist checking in.

Hope you all are having a nice day! Happy weekend!

Jean -- enjoying a nice day in Iowa!
Old 01-25-2002, 11:40 PM   #13  
Thin Within

Wink Day #18

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

Yes JEAN my program is clicking along fine. As long as I have food at home to make up good WW meals I am going to be fine on this program. Eating out isn't for every day anymore. But on my LARGE point day we do sometimes like today but I count my points up first.

Have a great weekend folks.
Old 01-26-2002, 10:16 AM   #14  

Good Morning, Flowers!
It's a beautiful sunny day in the neighborhood! I am on my way to get dressed and go for a walk while it's nice. It will be the usual Saturday routine around here -- laundry, pick up the clutter, etc.

If you are interested, check out www.FlyLady.net -- this is supposed to help one get organized plus keep the clutter under control. Her first rule is to clean your sink before you go to bed and put your shoes on in the morning! The theory is that you didn't gain the extra stuff overnight so it will take a while to sort through it all. By taking 15 minutes a day, it is possible! We'll see . . . she does send a lot of email reminders which are duplicates.

Maggie -- I'm sure that you could probably give FlyLady some tips! I know when space is limited you have to be organized!

Have a great day, Flowers! Be nice to yourself.

Jean -- from Iowa!
Closed Thread