South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 10:34 AM   #1  
Supermommy to Jojo

Height: 5'3

Default How many eggs is too much?

Hi ladies! I'm on day 8 of Phase I and doing pretty good, I think. I had a question about eggs...I love them and have no problem eating them, but I was wondering if every day was too much cholesterol-wise? Is it unhealthy at that point? I've been making veggie omlettes (two eggs) for breakfast on the weekends, then during the week at work I eat one hard-boiled for breakfast. Yesterday I also had one in the evening for a snack. Obviously I wont' be eating this many after I'm done with Phase I.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:43 AM   #2  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Phase one says unlimited I am sure of it...I eat quite a few myself and I dont have a cholesterol problem, as far as that goes my 97 yr old grandpa ate eggs every morning almost and he lived to be a ver spy guy, if in doubt ask your doc but otherwise I am sure you are fine
Old 01-04-2007, 10:57 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, they do have sat fat but I'd say just carry on unless you have a cholesterol problem. They are good protein, cheap and easy to fix quickly.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:04 AM   #4  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

I think the better question is how many egg yolks are too much. Egg whites are fab, much lower in calories and fat. I mix up 3 egg whites and one whole egg for flavor and scramble them up. Yum!
Old 01-04-2007, 02:05 PM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

I agree with Lisa mix more whites with the one yolk...I also like egg salad with lettuce as roll ups. Another day down and a new day for all of us. Good luck to you.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:28 PM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Honestly, since it's a temporary thing (P1), I'd think you're fine. However, I believe the recommendation for those watching their cholesterol is that you're fine with one a day. That said, yes, it's about yolks. So you could easily make an omelet with one yolk and several whites as someone else mentioned.

As Ruth said, however, South Beach is a great way to help reduce cholesterol issues, and as long as you are following the rest of the diet rigorously, your cholesterol should drop, so no worries.
Closed Thread