Old 01-04-2007, 02:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Default bye bye xmas weight challenge!

Well it's time for another challenge, and my scale this morning gave me a little shock, I thought I'd maintained thru christmas, turns out? My scale says I gained 4!! Yikes! So this challenge is to get our butt's moving again.. plus I couldn't really think up a cleaver name.

So my goal is to lose 4 pounds by the end of January! My motivated self says no problem, but my body says nooooooo, I want you to lose weight as slowly as possible.. the battle is on.. Who wants to join me? Randee? Rosario (Where are you ?!?!) ? Courtnie? Newbies? Lets get it off!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 02:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

I'm in!! I also gained 4 lbs I'd like to lose by the end of January.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 02:26 AM   #3  
outnumbered!

S/C/G: 186/182/140

Height: 5 3

sounds good to me! I so need to get this weight off. I feel like it's weighing down my spirit and making me sad.
justcath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 04:50 AM   #4  

I'm already in...although, as you can see by my tracker, I've gained a lot more than 4lbs!! (Although, to be fair, I did start my count in mid-November which is when my Xmas parties started...talk about a pro-longed Christmas period!!)
WaterBottleBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 06:30 AM   #5  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

I'm in! I'd like to lose 4 lbs by the end of Jan. The reason my ticker is only 5 lbs long is because I have two long weekend trips I'm making this month, so I'm accounting for the fact that no food will be available other than fatty, creamy stuff (I have a cruise and a mini conference). Yeah. I think a 4 lb loss would be awesome. Good luck all!
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:31 AM   #6  
Fat-be-gone

I'm in. I'll go for 8 pounds. I've been fighting with these last couple of pounds for what seems like forever now. I can't seem to get under and stay under 240.

I'm on weight watchers now and I joined a gym, so I'm thinking good things will come out of this challenge!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:34 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Suni - I travel a lot and it doesn't have to be the case! If your room has a coffee pot or microwave, then you can bring oatmeal and dried fruit and at least have a healthy breakfast instead of cruise/conference food! You can also pack easy to carry fruit like oranges, apples and bananas for a healthy snack in the afternoon. Definitely pick 1 night on your cruise to indulge, but trips do not have to be dieting disasters!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:40 AM   #8  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Awww thanks Glory! Were you reading my mind? I was just looking up sites on battling cruise bulge, as I like to call it. I was thinking of carrying fruits and stuff for the plane so I don't eat their (bad) food but I didn't extend it to the actual trip. Thanks for the tips!
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 11:09 AM   #9  
Aleecia

Hi girls,
I would love to join you. Saw some familar names on this thread and thought I would pop in and say hello.
I have been in lurk mode for about a month and half now.
I have been really struggling since the end of October. I have put on 10lbs from Halloween til now. Yikes!
I would love to lose those 10 pounds by my birthday (1-29) but I would settle for at least half of that.
I so need to get back on track.

Good Luck everyone!
Angel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 11:15 AM   #10  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

I'm in. I gained a whopping 8 pounds over the holidays. NOT what I'd consider the best Christmas gift. I'm gonna work hard to get rid of all 8 of them by the end of January.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:22 PM   #11  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Hey Everyone!!

I gained 4-5 pounds, eeeks! I want that gone by the end of the month!!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:34 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 205/201/150

Height: 5ft 6 inches

I'm in, I am shooting to lose 10 pounds this month. To do that I ahve written out a schedule for myself for exercise...I go to Curves every day if possible and I walk a few miles a day and ride my bike every other day...currently I am riding 3 miles a day but want to work myself upt o 8 miles by the end of the month.
pugsinflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:46 PM   #13  
LLV

I agined about 3-4 pounds myself. But my problem right now is trying to get myself out of that "holiday munching" mode. I'll do great the first half of the day. Then by late afternoon/evening I'm picking at the meals I make for hub & son, sneaking a cookie here, popping a couple of M&M's there, taking the whole bag of soy snacks with me instead of counting out one serving's worth like I used to, etc etc etc. I have GOT to stop doing that or I'm never going to get this weight back off.

I'm not a fan of diet pills, but with my snacking being out of control the way it has been, I'm daggone tempted to get some because I need something to kill my appetite. I mean, really, this is ridiculous. Every morning I tell myself I'll be good and by the end of the night I'm kicking myself in the *** again. And this worries me because I pride myself on my self control and lately I seem to be losing it
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 01:00 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Count me in!!! I gained 8 pounds since Thanksgiving and was planning to lose 4 in January (and another 6 by my birthday). I need all the motivation I can get!

Quote:
But my problem right now is trying to get myself out of that "holiday munching" mode.
Me, too! If those baskets of Christmas goodies were not present here in my office, I'd probably be just fine. I threw out all the gingerbread cookies yesterday (I only ate two!) and also cleaned out some not so perfect leftovers from the fridge.

I'm also exercising regularly (for the first time since last winter/spring). I used to walk 4 miles a day, which took an hour, but I wasn't working so it was not a problem. Now I get up early and do my Nordic Track for 30 minutes followed by a bunch of ab crunches. Later this month, I'll add some dumbell work.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 01:24 PM   #15  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
Me, too! If those baskets of Christmas goodies were not present here in my office, I'd probably be just fine. I threw out all the gingerbread cookies yesterday (I only ate two!) and also cleaned out some not so perfect leftovers from the fridge.
Well what's weird is we have always had snacks laying around at home, things I keep around for hub & son. Like cookies and bags of snacks and things like that. And it never really bothered me before. If I needed a sweet treat I'd grab a little tiny something and I was good. But the holidays are still haunting me because I'm still in that frame of mind that I just want to dip my hand into everything. I just ate a few pretzels to try and curb my hunger for a while, but what I REALLY want to do is get into those Rocher hazelnut chocolates sitting on the table or dive into the half gallon of marshmallow ripple ice cream. Oh yeah, and let's not forget the HUGE package of nut mix sitting on the kitchen table. Heck, let's just make a bowl of ice cream and dump the chocolates and nuts into it and eat it all at once!

LLV is offline   Reply With Quote