South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 02:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 286/145

Talking A heartfelt thanks to the chicks on the beach

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for making the past 2 months so successful for me. Most people that knew I was starting the SBD right before Thanksgiving gave me grief, but I knew in my heart the time was right. If I didn't start then, well who knows when the next right time would come around again. Maybe years, the way I am. So along with one friend close to home, my best support and information came from you all. I had a really good start, but my secret goal was to hit 30 pounds gone by the new year. It was a stretch given the holidays and all, but technically it was doable. Well, thanks to you all I made it! I read the posts and tried your recipes and they made such a difference in the fun factor and the chances of doing it. So thank you - thank you, thank you, thank you!

They say pictures are worth a thousand words, so I thought I'd share these before and after pictures to convey the difference so far. 30 pounds doesn't show much on me, but I think you can see it in my face.

Thanks again!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg before.jpeg (16.6 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg after.jpg (18.6 KB, 21 views)
Old 01-02-2007, 03:17 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Congratulations! (Jeez, your face is familiar in the pictures. Do I know you from somewhere?)
Old 01-02-2007, 09:14 PM   #3  

That truly is awesome considering all of the challenges that we face over the holidays. You should feel very proud of yourself!
Old 01-03-2007, 02:42 PM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Happy Apple!!!!!!! Hey, if you can lose like that during the holidays, then you can do it ALL YEAR with no problems, chica! Great work!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-03-2007, 03:40 PM   #5  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Congrats!!!
Old 01-03-2007, 11:06 PM   #6  

Height: 5'4"

You are a really good apple...You started at the worse time of year but you held on and this proves just what kind of apple you are...Strong! Congratulations!
Old 01-03-2007, 11:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 286/145

Aw shucks, thank you. I just knew it was the moment to start and I felt that it was one of those defining moments and I wasn't going to waste it. But I'm telling you, SBD has sure been the way to go. I never expected to lose what I did. It's slowing down a lot now and I'm all good with that. You all made a huge impact on me and made the success I've had possible. I have to admit it's a good feeling, being 30 pounds farther along that I would've been if I'd talked myself out of it like I have every other time.

As for the pictures, why yes they're pictures of me that I just chose at random. Well, maybe not quite . . . well, okay not at all. But hey, everyone gets to dream once in a while, hhahaah!

Thanks again - you all are the best!
Closed Thread