Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-02-2007, 11:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: BMI:32.1/27.1/24.6

Default Well, this isn't good.

I'm feeling very down right now. It's not anything related to weight issues or things like that.

I'm just.....down. Personal reasons. It makes me want to run to food in a BIG way. I'm trying hard not to. It's so frustrating that when I have certain emotions, I want to eat them away.

THis sucks. Must not give in.
MissH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:28 PM   #2  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Just imagine how much stronger you'll feel tomorrow if you resist...

Hope things improve for you very soon!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:39 PM   #3  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I'm right there with you babe.

Kids were driving me batty today. And to top it off their naps were perfectly out of sync. He woke up just as she went down.

So tonight I decided to take a book and go to a coffee shop for a bit - maybe 40 minutes or so. Got there and they were gonna close in 5 minutes. (I live in a small town that rolls up its streets at 8pm). The only other places open in town I knew if I went there I would get dessert. So I came home and I am pacing the floor.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:49 PM   #4  

Thanks, ladies.

And to add fuel to the fire, hubby has insomnia (a brand new development the last two nights), which is making him quite the a-hole. hahahhaa.......

Baaaaahhhh!!!!

Screw everyone. Screw them all. NO ONE will make me eat things I don't want to eat.

Old 01-03-2007, 12:00 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

Sorry to hear you're down. You know better than anyone that food will not help and will in fact make you feel worse.

However, I still think that if you feel like just having something to eat for the heck of it because you think it will make you feel better, I say go for it. BUT!!! Make it a healthy snack yet still satisfying (i.e. not too diety or austere). Say fresh fruit with some low calorie cool whip or a bowl of oatmeal with warmed fruit and 1/8 cup walnuts (this is one of my favorite snacks) or a tasty protein bar (the crisp n crunch bars are like candy bars to me), or a grilled cheese on low calorie high fiber/protein bread (Arnold's has 40 calories per slice). Or maybe have all them. Having an extra 500 to 800 healthy calories from yummy yet healthy foods won't knock you off your weight loss plan (though obviously it will temporarily slow your weight loss). You will be saved from lots of sugar, fat, chemicals, and other artificial or processed ingredients..all of which will make you crave more junk and which will make you feel guilty and possibly lead to your deciding to forget all about your weight loss plans. P.S. You'll probably be so full from all this protein and fiber that you'll skip dinner, thereby eating as much as you normally would have anyway (I do this frequently myself!).

Hope you feel better soon.
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:12 AM   #6  

Thanks, Mami.

I don't want to eat for any reason other than I'm down AND mad. It's like I want to use food to anesthetize my feelings. But you're right - I already know it will make me feel worse. Been there, done that - eleventy billion times.

Besides, it's really too late to be eating anything. Good thing there is no ice cream in the house. I'd be good for a couple of huge bowlfuls. Yuck.

I think after I get the kids in bed, I'll clean up the kitchen and grab a book and go to bed.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:09 AM   #7  

Hi MissH,
I know it doesn't seem like much, but yay for you for being so aware of your emotions in the moment. It doesn't make the urges any less real, but at least you are able to make the choice about whether to eat or not eat. I'm just now at a point where I'm realizing my triggers. I tend to sort of nibble mindlessly when a mood hits. Now I'm trying to address the actual emotions and deal with them. Makes me not very nice sometimes I think. But it's worth it to take good care of ourselves. The more we pay attention the more natural it will become right? I hope so anyway.
Gogirl008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:35 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogirl008 View Post
Hi MissH,
I know it doesn't seem like much, but yay for you for being so aware of your emotions in the moment. It doesn't make the urges any less real, but at least you are able to make the choice about whether to eat or not eat. I'm just now at a point where I'm realizing my triggers. I tend to sort of nibble mindlessly when a mood hits. Now I'm trying to address the actual emotions and deal with them. Makes me not very nice sometimes I think. But it's worth it to take good care of ourselves. The more we pay attention the more natural it will become right? I hope so anyway.
Hi, Gogirl.

I've been aware of why I binge or eat mindlessly for a long time, yet I'll still do it. And it's not like I'll realize it AFTER I'm done eating. I deliberately say in my mind that I'm ticked off and I WILL eat something. LOL Crazy, I know.

In any event, I did NOT give in last night. I abstained, and I'm so glad I did. I just read a little bit, then got really tired and fell asleep. Today is a new day. (with new stresses. hahaha)

Thanks for all the support, ladies. This won't be the last time I'll need it, I'm quite sure.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:44 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

Good for you that you rolled with it and tried to do something else to take your mind off your stresses rather than eating. Sounds like you're on the right track. Like Dr. Phil says, you can't eat what's not there so lucky you didn't have that ice cream around. We do need to have snacks in the house though, so if we can stock up on healthy ones, at least if we can't stop a binge for the wrong reasons, at least we're still staying healthy and probably saving a ton of calories from our normal snack foods. Obviously keep doing what you did last night, but if you can't control your urge to eat, at least make it healthy snacks!
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:49 AM   #10  

With two teenage boys, I can't clear out my cabinets and make way for just carrot sticks. hehe

But yeah - I have my healthy foods, too.

I'm trying to learn to get things like ice cream only when I'm really craving it, and then getting a single portion for the whole family and be done with it. Not have it sitting around for days and days.

Speaking of which, I still have two York Peppermint Patties I bought a few days ago and haven't touched.