Old 01-02-2007, 08:00 PM   #1  

Question Relatives: O my you have gained some weight

Okay..who else has these type of relatives...I have a favorite aunt..but she kills me with her remarks about my weight!!!! It's the first question that comes out of her mouth "did you lose weight"..she is always asking me what size I wear and blah blah blah....my other relatives came for a visit this past year and my uncle actually told them to quit bugging me ...well a couple of weeks ago my aunt was going on and on about weight this weight that..and she asked me again "have you lost weight"..so i just got fed up and said HAVE YOU??????????? LMAO ahhh the silence was magic
SkinnyScorp29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:33 PM   #2  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

LOL yes we all have that "fave aunt". I just think some people have no lives and concentrate on other people.. I have an aunt ( not a fave) that gives me the once over, the up and down type of look.. Some times I want to twirl around and bend over LOL.. I just ignore it!
purplepansy912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:40 PM   #3  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

You handled it so much better than I would have! Even though she probably meant it as a compliment, I would have still taken it as a sarcastic insult and then I would have spent the rest of the day sulking.

Now, in my family I do have the favorite aunt or grandmother that always wants to know if I've lost or if I'm planning on losing, what size I am, etc. But with a twist - while they're asking if I'm going to lose weight they're cutting me a BIG piece of cake that I just have to eat because she made it especially for me!!
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey - I have one that asks me "have you GAINED more weight?" - wanna trade??
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:47 PM   #5  
Doing it!

S/C/G: 268.5/254.5/160

Height: 5'10"

Oh yes, I have the relative that says, "you have such a pretty face. You looked so good when you were thinner." Then she tells me that though she's 40 years older than me, her boobs are probably perkier (She's right I'm sure - I'm a recently-nursed-2-children-DD and she's an A!)
108tolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:38 PM   #6  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Ugh, I HATE when people ask what size I am!! It's like they're craving validation that they are in fact much smaller than me. Haaaaaaattttee.

I have to say, I'm really hoping that once I lose it that everyone will rave for a few weeks then SHUT UP about it! After a while, it just gets so exhausting!
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:58 AM   #7  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

"Why thank you, it's all the sex with strangers I've been having."
"No, the world has gotten fatter."
"Old age is associated with eyesight failure."
"You should try the diet I'm on... with all the prozac I've been doing, I'm never hungry!"
"My therapist told me to cut out the toxic people in my life.... so dont look for a Christmas card."
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 02:28 AM   #8  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

My usual response is "What would make you ask such a thing?" or "Why do you want to know"

^^Both responses put the onus on the asker, not on me. They are both valid questions.

I haven't been asked by anyone in quite awhile. I think they all know if they asked what size I am they'd be told to go themselves.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:12 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Goddess Jessica.. I'm gonna have to use those. Thanks for the early morning laugh.

Skinny, I totally understand your frustration.. it would be one thing if your aunt said "wow, you look fantastic" or some such compliment.. but "did you lose weight" has such a weird implication, I HATE when/if people say that to me...
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:22 AM   #10  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Good for you.

At christmas, my niece noticed me when I walked in. She immediately said "how much do you weigh and what size do you wear and how much more are you planning on losing". I just said, I'm not planning on losing more, How about you? She shut right up.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:08 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

My usual response is "What would make you ask such a thing?" or "Why do you want to know"

What a great response!! I can see Auntie now with her jaw hitting the floor......"here let me help you pick your face up off the floor"
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:56 PM   #12  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Whenever I speak to my mother in law on the phone, every 10-14 days or so, which is WAY, WAY too often, the very first thing she asks me is how's my diet going. #1 this is not a diet and #2 you are my husbands mother and you are the last person I want to discuss my so called "diet" with, or pretty much anything else for that matter. I mean what's next,she'll wanna know how's my sex life? Ummmm, then I guess the diet question wouldn't be looking so bad after all.

Ahhhh, family you can't live with them, you can't live with them. Period.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:47 PM   #13  

My sister in law is the same way... She is the one that was always so slim and had a fat remark about everyone...... Never said a word about my weight loss this past year..
Well when we uploaded all the Christmas pictures on my laptop at the in-laws Christmas eve.. Let me tell you I was singing thank you SANTA to me...
She was like.. I look so bad... Theses pictures adds weight..
I NEVER SAID A WORD...!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I never thought I would see the day that I looked so slim compared to her..
Not that I wish being heavy on anyone.... Its a hard struggle.. But after putting up with all the fat comments since I was 17... Well I have to say it was wayyy to much fun to look at the Christmas pictures this year...
Sometimes I wonder if she can tell I have lost weight... Some people only see what they want to see..
wchs2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 04:14 PM   #14  

wchs....isn't that something...my hubby saw my sister the other day..we havent spoken for two years...he says she got "hefty" ...i had a smirk on my face i must admit.... i always was the fat sister getting laughed at etc etc...and im doing something healthy with myself...and now the tables are getting reversed!
Old 01-03-2007, 04:16 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
Good for you.

At christmas, my niece noticed me when I walked in. She immediately said "how much do you weigh and what size do you wear and how much more are you planning on losing". I just said, I'm not planning on losing more, How about you? She shut right up.
Wow really?? I looked at your pics last nite and i want to say congrats...unreal what family members say...UGH