Old 01-02-2007, 02:43 PM   #1  
wishing to be 125

S/C/G: 258/258/125

Height: 5'2

Default Do I need to eat all of the points?

Do I need to eat all of the points everyday to loose? This is my first day and it seem's like 30 points is a lot to eat when most of the vegetables and fruits I eat are no points or very low.

Thanks!
125goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 06:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

You should. One or two days of eating under points here or there won't hurt, but if you make it a practice you can slow down/stall your metabolism. If you find it's hard getting all your points in, there are some easy changes you can make. Use regular or lite products (salad dressing, mayo, sour cream, etc.) rather than fat free/sugar free. Have 2% milk instead of skim. Use some butter on your veggies. Drink an extra class of milk or, my favorite, indulge in some real cheese.
cece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 06:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

I agree with cece that you should try to eat all your points on most days of the week. There are times when it seems like a lot, but trust me -- there will be times when it seems like HALF as much as you need! If you're having trouble getting the points in, cece's suggestions are some great ways to do that. You could also eat a handful of nuts here and there, because they're really good for you and pretty high in points, usually. The "You on a Diet" book recommends eating a handful of nuts about 20 minutes before a meal to get your digestive system going or something -- makes you feel fuller, I believe. If you have a few points several times through the day, not only do they add up to equal your target point level but they also keep your metabolism going because you're eating more frequently.

Also, if you keep track of your weight loss each week, just see if your point level is working. If you're not losing, you could adjust your points accordingly.

The more points you eat as you're losing weight, the more your body will accept when you're at goal and maintaining.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 05:18 AM   #4  
wishing to be 125

Thank you for the replies! It has been a long time since I have been on WW so I just need some refreshing.

I like the idea of cheese, I'll add that to my salad.

If I do not use the 35 flex points a week that is okay though right?
Old 01-03-2007, 09:04 AM   #5  

I rarely use my Flex points, but I almost always eat my Activity points. I do nearly an hour of cardio on most days, so I figure I'm justified in eating some extra calories for energy. I like knowing the Flex points are there, and I occasionally have a big meal out and count that as Flex, but I don't actively seek an opportunity to use them.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

I agree with Lisa's approach. If you earn activity points, try to use. The flex points are there if you need them, but you don't have to use them. But, it's different for every person. Some people find that they don't lose, or don't lose as well if they do eat their flex points; some find that they don't lose or don't lose well if they don't eat their flex points. So, sometimes you have to experiment a bit to see what works best for you.

Please feel free to join us on the weekly weigh in thread. All are welcome.
cece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 05:39 PM   #7  
wishing to be 125

Okay then I won't worry about the flex points until I see how things go for the next couple of weeks. I really need to step up the exercise to get some activity points in.

Thanks again!
Old 01-03-2007, 06:31 PM   #8  

Exercise really does make all the difference. I've lost weight without it before, but it wasn't as fast and my body wasn't the same. Five years ago, I lost 50 pounds on WW and I didn't start exercising until I'd lost 30 or 40. This time, I started exercising right away and not only has it taken me far less time to lose the weight so far, but also my body is smaller than it was before at the same weight. I'm actually in a smaller size than I was at this same weight, and my measurements are smaller. So...not only do you get activity points for an extra little snack or something, but your body changes faster and becomes better too! Also, you get addicted to it and the stress relief aspect replaces some of that emotional eating we all do sometimes.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:22 PM   #9  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

125goal, when I first started WW I also had trouble eating all my allotted points, not to mention activity and flex points! I also had that old thought in my head about not eating before bedtime. What I started doing was just checking where my points were one last time right before bed, if I have some points that I've not used, I drink however much milk it takes to use them up. That way I don't really feel like I've eaten, but I also get some more dairy in there in the process. Hope this helps!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 05:28 PM   #10  

i wouldn't worry too much about the flex points but eat the activity points! I drink my activity points (a glass of wine is good for the heart so they say!). It's my treat on the weekend!
susie_sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:10 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

Basically what others have said.

But sometimes I hear people saying that you HAVE to eat all your points, even if you're not hungry. I don't do that. I've never had more than 2-3 days in a row where I ate under points, and it's only when I've been actually ill that I've eaten under 20 points. (My target is 30.)

I'm trying to go off hunger cues. My body has a definite monthly cycle, and there's 2-3 days a month where I'm just not as hungry. Then there's like a week where I'm hungrier than usual. I guess it's hormonal. For a while I tried to eat my points, but since I wasn't hungry it usually involved me eating junk food, and that just seemed silly.
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 04:36 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

I just have to disagree with the advice to increase your points intake by increasing fat content.

There are healthy ways to increase your points intake which will give you more benefit - have a fruit smoothie with yoghurt added, add more snacks like nuts/grains/protein bar, rice cakes, add some corn or potato to your dinner, check out recipes which are higher in points.
pacman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:20 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

I know this thread is old, but it has been a saving grace to me these last few days.

Lately I've been really hungry, and I've also upped the work outs, but yet I felt guilty for using my activity points and moreso my flex points... guilty like I was off plan...

It's still tough to accept that all these points are available to use for a reason..

\
Optical Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:33 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 183/174.6/160

Height: 5'7

I always use my flex points, I feel it is part of the plan and using them I lose on average a pound a week, plus I NEVER feel deprived of anything or even like I am on a diet really. That might just be me though...
katier is offline   Reply With Quote