Old 01-02-2007, 03:03 PM   #1  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs up Weighty Issues #48: Let's Get Back To Sexy!

to the January 2007 Weighty Issues Thread. The hectic (but joyous) holiday season is behind us and we have now entered a new year .

Have those few extra pounds crept back on? Do you want to banish them from your body once and for all? I'm taking a page out of a dear friend's book and taking a stand. She said "Let's Get Back to Sexy!" Let's start this new month and the New Year with a BIG BANG!!! Let's work out butts off (literally!) and get back our healthy, happy and sexy selves .

Need some new inspiration? We're a group of wonderful women from different walks of life, spread out from the East Coast to the West Coast and the sunny Pacific .

We support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss , it's about LIFE . If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on , come on in,
grab a chair and stay awhile . You'll be glad you did.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:15 PM   #2  
so close, yet so far...

Happy New Year ladies! My gosh, our thread is numbered "48"--do you know what that means? We've been going strong for 4 years! Well, I know some of us have been chatting for a bit longer, but the "weighty issues" name has been around for 4 years....what with a server crash a few years back, we probably have been around longer than that, but! I'm so glad to call you ladies my friends

So, how y'all been?

Welcome back Angie!!! Glad you enjoyed yourselves, you really deserved that. Everyone get the rest and relaxation you needed? Can't wait to see pics.

Cal, I hope you got lots of love and presents on your NYE birthday, what a great way to celebrate, with lots of fireworks!

Kempy, how was your trip to CA?

Dips, did you manage to ring in the New Year w/a kiss from the new man?

Cherie, how did you and the girls celebrate?

I may be missing some, but just know that I appreciate you all as friends and the sage advice you offer throughout the year.

As for me, I have a bum knee (again), although it is the "other" side. It feels like a totally different problem than the left side, which isn't comforting, but this is my WAKE UP CALL to get back on the weight loss wagon. I just read an advertisement from my health insurance company where they will pay for the first 3 weeks of WW meetings, then give me a reduced rate for weekly meetings for the next 10 meetings. If I stick around for 13 weeks then I get coupons for 3 free meetings. Sounds like a great deal huh? Since I know WW works for me, I am going to sign up again. I need the help and accountability. I am tired of fitting my "fat" clothes and i've got to admit that during my whole vacation trip to Vegas, I was hobbling around with my knee in a compression brace.... talk about a pain! So that's the story on me. I'm sooooooo ready to get back to my "sexy" self, not just physically, but I need to feel it emotionally as well, because the way I am now? I'm just not feeling it. How 'bout you guys? Are you up for it?
Old 01-02-2007, 03:33 PM   #3  
so close, yet so far...

OK, so just so I'm accountable to you guys, I called WW and arranged for my pre-registration. My insurance company has to OK the paperwork and WW will call me in 2-3 days...I'm probably shooting for a Friday or Saturday meeting . Wish i could go sooner, but if waiting a couple of days gives me a big discount, I can wait. Have a good one!
Old 01-02-2007, 05:52 PM   #4  

Hi Noelle, I signed up for WW again, but I did the online program where you sign up on line and they bill your credit card every month. It ends up being about $9 a week, and you get the use of the e-tools free. It was working great for me until Christmas. It makes me so mad that it takes a month or two or even more to lose what I gained back in a week. Anyway, WW online may be something to check into also.

I hope all of you had a blessed Christmas and a Happy NewYear. I hope to check in with you a little more.
cwneeds2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:58 PM   #5  

Well, I am home a fully bloated. I bet you guys can see me from where you are. I am going at it though so I know it will come off again. Man, I feel like a broken record. I didn't go to the gym today. I was running errands and I passed it an boy was it packed. I was not in the mood to be there today. Now, I have cleared my list and I ma going to head there in the AM. I am still so amazed at how fast I gain this weight. (please someone say it is water)

CA was fun but it was time to come home. I really missed the girls. The cat was so happy to see us that he purred all night long. That was tough to sleep with him doing that.

I need to read the past posts so I can catch up.

Noelle that is awesome your insurance will cover that. I think Joe needs to talk to his HR department to see if they will cover some of the gym. I would think they would do that so they would have lower insurance payments. I had to do that at the club when i was there. I had to do a print out of each person from the company to show that they went at least 3 times a week. If they didn't the compnay would stop paying. I though it was great.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:41 AM   #6  

Good mornig ladies. I am trying to ear myself up to go to the gym. I am not looking forward to having that many people around. Don't these people work. I have gotten to where I use the same machines and if someone is on that one I will not be able to workout. Darn, I might have to come home. It is a little chilly here today so that is why I am dragging my feet.

What are you guys up to?
Old 01-03-2007, 01:40 PM   #7  
so close, yet so far...

Good morning ladies, I am loafing around at home thinking up ideas for Michael's b-day party. He will be 8 in about 2 weeks! We are having a small Pokemon-themed b-day party at a nearby park and will invite some of his school friends. I hope it doesn't get rained out. Historically, it is typically rainy season during mid-January. On his 3rd b-day I invited over 75 people to a party of his and it poured! Luckily, it was a lot of family so there was still a lot of people there.

Hi cw $9 is a great deal for online...but i think I need the of the actual weekly weigh-in in front of a live person. I am too much of a slacker if I only do online accountability. I TOTALLY hear ya on gaining back in a week what it takes to lose in a month or two! I am the same way. Isn't it scary??? You will be back on track with this new year--and with all of us gals jumping back on, right girls?

Kempy, good going on going to the gym. I know how you feel about having the same machines to work out on, we are creatures of habit! I remember when I was in therapy for my leg last year, I would grumble under my breath about the other people on "my" exercise bike or "my" weight machine My niece is back at Ft. Sam Houston for training. The airlines lost her one checked bag so she had some shopping to do, luckily she carried-on her uniform so that wasn't lost.

Angie, hope you can catch up some here, I would love to hear stories about your vacation.

Well, gotta get out and about. Chat more later.

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 01-03-2007 at 08:10 PM.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:14 PM   #8  

Hi Noelle, the deal is for weekly walk-in meetings, plus a bonus of e-tools. You sign up on line, and they send you a monthly pass for the meeting rooms. I love it. I went in today for motivation. I wasn't going to weigh, because I knew is was going to be really, really bad. Well,I decided to face the music, and it was worse than the really, really bad.

Kemp, I'm having such trouble get into the exercise thing. I keep telling myself, I need to make it a habit again, but I can't seem to get myself started. Anyway, way to go on getting to the gym, even if someone is on your favorite machine.

Hi to everyone else. Have a blessed afternoon/evening.
cwneeds2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 03:09 PM   #9  
so close, yet so far...

Good morning ladies. I got approval from my insurance company for my WW meetings discounts so now I have to figure out which day I want to go in. I'm thinking of going back to Saturdays since Sundays would usually be my "use the most flex points days". I also have to make an appointment w/the orthopedist doc again. My knee just won't quit. I have a feeling it's a little worse off than the other side was. I'm also starting to worry about how I'll get enough cardio exercise in if my knee doesn't get better fast. Walking was pretty much it for me for cardio. I can't even do that too well right now.

cw, good for you for going in a weighing in! That is so hard especially after you know you will have a gain. It IS hard to get started again once you get off track, but good for you for making the effort.

Kempy, you know that half of those people in the gym today will be gone by March right? You can have your pick of machines then All kidding aside, you are a trooper.

I've got to get some work done, chat more later.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:18 PM   #10  

Hey guys. I have been farting around today.(not literally) We went and watched the Sugar Bowl last night and I had a few too many glasses of wine but what makes it worth it is LSU WON!!!! I have been trying to clean the tile by the back door. The dogs have made it change colors. So, I have been on my hands and knees scrubbing it. I didn't make it to the gym today b/c I knew I would neveer make it feeling this way. I am not terrible but just kind of funky.

CW you are better than me. I would have skipped the weigh in. When I was bad I would not even go to the meetings. At least you know that you are going to be able to get back on track.

Noelle I hope nothing is seriously wrong with your knee. What do they say is the cuase of it? I can tell these are either new poeple at the gym or ones "starting over". I usually go at the same time and see the same people and this was a whole diffrent crowd.It really wasn't that bad once I got in there. It is big enough so that you can still have lots of people but not really be bothered by them.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:34 PM   #11  
so close, yet so far...

Kempy, what I would give to be down on my knees! It's been so long since I've been able to kneel. You know what? I'm thinking my knee started to act up right after All Saints Day (11/1), I went to a morning mass at Michael's school and during the litany of saints we had to kneel while they sang/recited the names of over 400 saints... that was quite a while and when I got up, my knee was really achy. So, being the self-diagnosing-from-the-internet-info person that I am, I "think" I may have bursitis of the knee! It just feels different from the other knee pain I have had in the past. I made an appointment w/the doc but can't get in til Monday so I guess I will have to wait a little longer. I'm hoping it can be fixed so I can go walking again. I have got to get this darn weight off and I have to remember how much pain I am in right now so I don't fall off the wagon and regain everything back AGAIN again. Oh yeah, GO LSU!

Here is a pic of a friends' old english bulldogs, she breeds them but keeps quite a few herself. Aren't they just adorable?

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 01-22-2008 at 06:33 PM.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:58 AM   #12  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Happy New Year My Girlz!!

Hey girls!!

I know I'm a little late since we are well into the new year but I am so in the spirit! I have a new man and a new plan for "getting back to sexy" NOELLE I Love You to Pieces!! I will share those in a bit but first:

Noelle- You do wonders for my ego I am so serious about looking and feeling fabulous for the new year. I did get a bit of a jump start from last year but that was due to "The Biggest Loser" I saw a chick who was not a contestant on the ranch but one of the people who did it at home on her own and the heiffer lost over 120 pounds and weighs less that I do now. She's a size 2!! I feel like there are no more excuses. The only thing holding us back is us. A little cheat here and there adds up. I decided to be disciplined and only cheat when I am at the point of maintainance. Okay I'll step down now

BTW, I am so sorry about your knee. I hope you still find a way to get some low impact cardio in. And yes I did get a kiss at midnight and brought the new year in with a bang (pun intended)

Angie- Welcome back. I can't wait to hear all about your trip

Cal- Happy belated birthday. And thank you for the gift it was just what I needed. All that was missing was the naked men!! By the way I wanted to tell you that I got my report card and I got 3 A-'s and a B+ and one of my grades is still pending but I finished with a 3.6 GPA YAY!! My new classes start on the 22nd. I swear I wish I had more time to lounge around.

Kempy- Noelle is right, that gym crowd will die down any day now. Congrats on the Football team. I know how ya'll are about your sports.

CW- Way to go on facing the music and weighing in. You are so brave.I tend to shy away from WW because I don't want so many strangers involved in my personal struggle. But you seem ready to take action so go for it!

Cherie- Hope you and your beautiful girls are doing well.

Okay ladies, Once again I am faced with an upcoming trip to Miami and I want to look hot! I also resolved to keep my braids in until I reach my goal weight that way I have the body I want went I "let my hair down"

I'm also taking salsa lessons because I love watching people dance it in the clubs and now I want to be the one who is watched. My classes start in the next few weeks. The new man is paying for them (his x-mas gift to me) If there is one thing that works up a good sweat it's dancing! I can't wait!!

Okay enough from my mouth. TTYL
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 01:12 PM   #13  

Wow Dips you sound so great. I am working on the attitude as we speak. I don't think the drinking did much for it the other night b/c all I did was sit around yesterday and try to feed my tummy with junk I didn't need. I had to get rid of the rotten stomach somehow.

We got a call from our agent in LA. We might have an offer on the house by the end of the weekend. That in itself is putting me in a good mood.

I need to go eat some lunch. (turkey sandwich and baked chips) I am starving.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:34 PM   #14  
so close, yet so far...

Hey ladies, I am in sort of a funk right now. Rick and I had a big blow up last night. We talked a little this morning so things are a little better, but I just feel raw right now. I don't really want to get into it, but let's just say we made a vow for better or worse... and now is one of those "worse" times. I feel like I need a good cry right now (but I don't want to mess up my eye makeup...I still need to go and grab a cup of coffee from Starbucks)...see? i still have my sense of humor.

Dips, I love your enthusiasm, it's infectious. You will be smokin' hot once again for your Miami (mee-ah-mee) vacation and with those sultry, salsa dance moves all ready to go. Glad you got your kiss and the big bang for new years (i got the kiss but not the bang cuz of my stupid knee ) And hey girl, on your awesome grades I always knew you were BRAINY! That's just a piece of paper that says so in writing. You go girl!

Kempy, that is so great about the house. I'm keeping my fingers crossed you have it sold!

Well, I gotta go get some breakfast so I can power up the old brain. I'm going in to WW tomorrow morning so that should give me a good kick in the pants to get serious again. Love ya girls, chat later.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:59 PM   #15  

Noelle I am sorry to hear that you guys had a falling out. We went through a rough patch a few years ago and I know what it is like. Good luck on your weigh in. I really need to start journaling again. I think that would really keep me honest.

I am still waiting for the realtor to call me. She said they are going to amke and offer and want to have it done by Sunday. So, all I can do is sit here and twidle my thumbs. I just hope that they don't make some sort of stupid offer. I don't want to be hurt by selling the house. We put lots of money into it. You guys know, we were always doing something to it and I just wish everyone that looked at it would have seen it before.