Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-02-2007, 08:46 AM   #1  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Default Another Year, another weight loss resolution...

How many times have you made the (aaaarrrrrgggghhhhhh!!) resolution of losing weight?

Me... too many times to count. And I've done it! I've lost the weight! ... at least 5 times... and gained it back... at least SIX times....

So my resolution THIS YEAR - is to find that "elusive way" to keep the weight OFF. I'm so tired of the lose/gain/lose/gain/lose/gain merry go round!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! And here's to weight loss... WE CAN DO IT!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: BMI:32.1/27.1/24.6

I don't believe in New Year's resolutions.

All I know is that 1) I'm SICK of being overweight because of MY OWN crappy decisions; 2) I am COMMITTED to getting over this stupid emotional eating thing I've got going on ; and 3) I'm COMMITTED to making GOOD decisions every day in order to meet my goals.

MissH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:05 AM   #3  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

I'd love to say I don't care about resolutions, but the fact is, I do make them...every year just like Beach Patrol and for the most part - it does have everything to do with losing weight. I just made a new ticker after getting a nifty weight watchers scale for christmas. YIKES!! Didn't know I had let myself go by that much. Anyway, here's to resolutions - may we stick with it for more than a day or two. :P
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Me too.

Of course, I have made that same New Year's resolution ... to lose weight and keep it off. I had dropped down to 145 and have gotten back up to 170. Of course I did not change my eating habits once I got down there so this time it is going to be a new way of life, not just a diet. I wish everybody success in their weight loss venture in the upcoming year. Sharon
sharonlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:38 AM   #5  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Sharon: We're at the same start and want the same goal (same height too!)...wishing you much luck! Let's make it our goal to lose and KEEP it OFF!
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:28 PM   #6  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Ugh, I don't want to even think about how many times I've said to myself, Lisa, this is your year, you're gonna do it.

The difference is? I'm actually DOING it!! I only put on 3 lbs during x-mas and I've already taken off 2 of them despite the fact TOM is preparing to rear his ugly head soon!
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:36 PM   #7  

Wow, I can totally relate to everything you all have posted. The only new thing for me THIS time is that I am now aware of the emotional mess that's causing me to have the same struggle over and over and over....I took a long break from the dieting a few months ago and did some reading. Self-help stuff. I'm going to do a few things differently this time. I know how to eat healthy, I do it all the time. It's all that other sneaky food that gets in the way.
MissH-I am an emotional eater too. New discovery for me.
Gogirl008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 04:13 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Every year I would make these so called 'resolutions' and be done with them and off the wagon by February. Whats different this time is I didn't wait for the new years as a reason to start. I woke up one morning in early November and decided to make a change, somehow managed to make it through the holidays while maintaining what I've already lost and now I'm just continuing. I'm thinking of my weight loss journey as a change in how I live my life, every day, for the rest of my life.... not just as a 'new years resolution'... I almost feel like if I call this a 'resolution' I'll already be setting myself up to fail because I've done it so many times before. This year as resolutions related to weight loss I've decided to do more reading on nutrition and learn as much as I can about healthy balance of diet and exercise and to try to incorporate what I learn into my lifestyle and learn some new healthy recipes so I don't get bored with grilled chicken. I've also made other resolutions too.... get out of debt, save some $$, travel more....we'll see about those, I highly doubt that 1 year will get me out of debt...but its a nice thought!
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 02:50 PM   #9  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Well, last year, I reached two of my resolutions. Paid off three credit cards, and got a new job!

Unfortunately, I gained instead of losing weight. But I don't totally blame myself - much of it is medically related, so I'm OK with that.

This year, I plan to do SOME kind of exercise every day- even on the days I don't have time, or can't get to the gym - I vow to do SOMETHING at least 20-30 minutes every day. On regular nothing-is-in-my-way days, I plan to work out at least 1 hour. I will start this endeavor after I see my family doctor next week. I'm already eating healthier! So I'm pretty psyched for this!

Go me! Go me! Go me!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 02:56 PM   #10  
Slodwin27

S/C/G: 241/?/170

Height: 5"7'

Default Another Year.....

Well I am personally happy for your current success in the new year. Keep up the good work. May God Bless you and keep you.
slodwin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 02:56 PM   #11  
Slodwin27

S/C/G: 241/?/170

Height: 5"7'

Quote:
Originally Posted by slodwin25 View Post
Well I am personally happy for your current success in the new year. Keep up the good work. May God Bless you and keep you.
LIFE'S OBSTACLES ONLY MAKE YOU STRONGER
slodwin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 11:37 PM   #12  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

Hmmm,

The difference for me with THIS year's resolution is that I've finally decided to "settle" for a s-l-o-w weight loss. I'm fine tuning my plan so I can lose just 5 pounds a month. If I get to that goal early in the month, I'm just going to maintain until the next month and then work on that next 5 pounds.

In the past, it could never come off fast enough so I'd go nuts and get all extreme and burn out in 2 weeks and lose nothing all year. This time I'm hoping the plan is do-able and I can stick with it because it's so modest.

I figure four months will pass whether or not I try this so why not give it a whirl since everything else has failed! All I have to lose is that 20 pounds!

Ipa
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 12:59 AM   #13  
back at it

S/C/G: 178/175/145

Height: 5'8"

yep, every years the same "lose weight". I'm feeling good about 2007 though, I did well in 2006 by FINALLY realizing its not a "diet" its a new lifestyle. yea! for my 2006 weightloss epiphany!
denice81 is offline   Reply With Quote