Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-01-2007, 09:31 PM   #1  
I'm gettin there

S/C/G: 231/190/155

Height: 5 foot 7

Default Dance Dance Revolution (ddr) Users

I recieved Dance Dance Revolution Supernova (DDR) for the PS2 for X-Mas and I have to say I luv it.I'm not sure about the older versions but I know that this version actually has a workout mode. Its so fun to do and the calories really add up. It lets you put in your weight and it keeps track of your calories burned. With the memory card you can keep track of all your workouts or games you play.

So what I wanna do is get together with other users and keep track of our progress and support each other. Anyone wanna join me just feel free to do so.
metalgoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 216/186/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

DDR is so much fun! It's definitely a workout that doean't feel like one. I just ordered the Eyetoy Kinetic, so I will let you know how that is. It's supposed to be a workout incorporating kickboxing, aerobics, dance, etc. Similar to DDR in concept.
thintowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:16 AM   #3  
I'm gettin there

Thanks for posting. Let me know how that works. I checked out another game called Dance Factory which is similar to DDR but you put in your own music. Its pricey so it'll be a while before I try that. I don't mind the music on the DDR supernova. Wanted to put a Ticker in my signature to track my calories but for some reason it won't show. Its just a box.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:08 PM   #4  

www.DDRfitclub.com is for people using ddr for weight loss (Acually, I guess it's 'fitness' since it's a 'fit' club - LOL!). It's a really cute site. I like to see the videos of people playing ddr.
Mini-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 04:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Mini-Me, that's a great site! thanks for sharing.

I've never played DDR but just ordered it.. I'm soo excited.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 09:55 PM   #6  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Height: 5'4"

My daughter got the DDR Supernova for Christmas. I tried it once and couldnt get it together. LOL I dont have good coordination.
Kamily828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 09:28 PM   #7  
I'm gettin there

I checked out the site and registered. Kamily828: just give it some time. The first few days I felt so silly doing it but I started to see my progress so it made me feel better. I have no coordination either.

I'm trying to figure out how to make the course option on it work to my needs. Once you get through the first song it speeds up and I can't do it. I think I may of got it but have to wait til the PS2 is free to do it. I don't like the FREE mode on the WORKOUT mode. Takes too much time between songs.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:13 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

I got DDR Extreme 2 for Christmas. I already had Supernova, and DDR MAX 2. All of these are for the PS2.

I find it lots of fun. It's also good for my short attentions span self. Like if I'm web surfing or playing games on the computer or whatever, I'll get up every once in a while and play for 10-15 minutes. So it can add up, especially if it's the weekend and I spend a whole day playing off and on. I can feel it in my legs, since I'm hopping around.

I used my grandmother's Christmas money to order a metal arcade style dance pad. It's pricey, very pricey, but I probably play about 3-5 hours of the game a week, and I'm a heavy person, I'm tearing through this plastic dance mat.
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:30 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidstoat View Post
I used my grandmother's Christmas money to order a metal arcade style dance pad. It's pricey, very pricey, but I probably play about 3-5 hours of the game a week, and I'm a heavy person, I'm tearing through this plastic dance mat.
Rabid, what kind did you get? I've been considering a cobalt flux, but they are SO pricey, as you mentioned.

That ddr site posted this clip of a CF. It looks SO cool...
http://www.ddrfitclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238

I'm so in awe of all those people. I think I've looked at every clip twice.
Mini-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 05:19 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 246

Default My husband called me a white girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamily828 View Post
My daughter got the DDR Supernova for Christmas. I tried it once and couldnt get it together. LOL I dont have good coordination.
When I tried our daughter's DDR at our New Year's Party in front of friends he said I was a white girl.

Ok, I am a white girl! He just stood there and laughed and laughed. And it was not PC to say that but he did and I am and I have no coordination.

But I will not let that get to me. As God is my witness! I will Dance Dance!

He can't fix things, so he's no Norm Abrahms. my fantasy man
worldsbestmom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:25 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 246

I did DDR on monday night with kids and son's girlfriend and they didn't laugh at me. I had a great time. More later!

Hey I hope this thread isn't dead.
worldsbestmom5 is offline   Reply With Quote