Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-01-2007, 08:08 PM   #1  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Default Planning for Tuesday January 2

I manged to get back on track today and did well - so I am already thinking about tomorrow and the rest of the week. I know I gained, so I must work hard to make my goals this year

I hope everyone had a wonderful christmas and a very happy new year!

B- cran raspberry protien juice; two slices whole wheat toast and peanut butter
S- raisin bran bar; coffee with some cream and 0 cal hazlenut syrup
L- slim fast shake made with skim milk; sliced cucumber and antipasto
S- cup of soup
D- no idea
W- 4-6L
E- 1 hour first thing in the am

Last edited by sotypical; 01-01-2007 at 09:41 PM.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 08:37 PM   #2  
Soon2BFit

S/C/G: 246.2/See Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I managed to get back on track today also. I'll find out tomorrow when I weigh in at my WW meeting if I gained. If so I'll just have to work on repairing the damage. I think I needed a break and ate more especially due to TOM and cravings. Best wishes to everyone for this new year.

Denise
GR8 2B48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 08:40 PM   #3  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Woohoo...Courtnie's back in planning mode I hope others will eventually come back and join us, too (I think Rasario and I are the only ones who've been in these "planning" threads for about a week now).

As for my Tuesday, I plan on about 90 minutes of exercise (not all at once--broken up into 30 minutes in the morning and a 60 minute walk after work)--that will help to make up for my lack of exercise on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.

Tomorrow's food should look something like this:
  • smoothie (banana, skim milk, vanilla protein powder)
  • yogurt
  • pbj sandwich
  • turkey sausage
  • SmartOnes frozen lasagna
  • chicken breast baked w/honey dijon marinade
The above comes to about 1435 calories and 133g protein.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:11 PM   #4  
Fighting Piano Butt!

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/130

Here is my plan for tomorrow and I hope it will keep me accountable. I follow the Sonoma plan.

Breakfast: WW toast with peanut butter
Lunch: Pasta with ham and a salad, and fruit
Dinner: Greek Pizza with salad and fruit
And of course, 8 glasses of water
YOGA!!!!
I need to do this!!!

cheers
eusebius
eusebius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:42 PM   #5  

I was doing fine until a few days before Christmas. The cookies and chocolate, is killing me! I've been eating way too much. Hopefully tomorrow will look like:

B: tofu smoothie
L: nothing, because the only vegetarian meal I can get at school is greasy pizza or calzone
(with school and after school things I don't get home until 6)
D: probably a lot of grilled veggies and I'll try to eat yogurt.

exercise will consist of running through the conservation area before school at about 6am. After school I'll probably be hiking around a beach.

if it wasn't for ecology I'd have to find my own exercise
onxgossamerwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:46 PM   #6  
Starting Fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by onxgossamerwings View Post
I was doing fine until a few days before Christmas. The cookies and chocolate, is killing me! I've been eating way too much. Hopefully tomorrow will look like:

B: tofu smoothie
L: nothing, because the only vegetarian meal I can get at school is greasy pizza or calzone
(with school and after school things I don't get home until 6)
D: probably a lot of grilled veggies and I'll try to eat yogurt.

exercise will consist of running through the conservation area before school at about 6am. After school I'll probably be hiking around a beach.

if it wasn't for ecology I'd have to find my own exercise
can't you take a lunch to school?? from the sounds of it, you need to eat more!!!
Old 01-01-2007, 09:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Happy new year!

I had about 1920 calories today; sounds high but I tend to eat this much on the weekends. Hopefully a little less next week!

TUESDAY PLAN

Exercise: 30 mins elliptical/30 mins weights

whole grain bagel w/ butter (400 cal)
Au Bon Pain sandwich turkey w/ goat cheese, romaine, tomato (410 cal)
broiled pork chop w/ rice, green beans (400)
protein hot cocoa (80)
yoplait FF yogurt (100)

That list amounts to approximately 1700 calories. I realize the breakfast is high in calories but I eat oatmeal a lot at home so I'm kind of sick of it for work breakfast; anyone have any suggestions on what else I could eat at work when I arrive that's lower in calories but filling (I either bring from home or usually buy at a deli, au bon pain, or cosi on my way in)?

I thought these size pork chops I've been eating for a long time were "medium" but fitday lists them as "large" when I ACTUALLY did the math (after endless converting first from pounds to ounces then by servings etc). If it werent for DH, I never would have bought the pork chops but I think he gets bored with chicken (or maybe its me that gets bored!). But sheesh, chicken has so fewer calories than meat (this really gets hammered home when you enter in fitday).
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 10:01 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotypical View Post
can't you take a lunch to school?? from the sounds of it, you need to eat more!!!
I always say I'm going to take a lunch to school, but I wake up at 4:30 and have just enough time. Sometimes I'll get soy chips.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:06 PM   #9  
Fighting Piano Butt!

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/130

Hey mami, what about having 1/2 the whole grain bagel but putting peanut butter on it instead? Less calories, more filling, better fat. Just an idea ...

Gossamer - you totally need to eat lunch. Make it the night before if you have to. Make extra grilled veggies for dinner tomorrow night and throw them into a pita with some hummus. YUM!! I remember the days when I used to skip lunch or just eat chips ... my blood sugar would hit the basement and I'd feel like fainting. Wouldn't want that to happen to you!!
eusebius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 10:12 PM   #10  
Starting Fresh

Quote:
I always say I'm going to take a lunch to school, but I wake up at 4:30 and have just enough time. Sometimes I'll get soy chips.
You want to make sure you eat enough or you won't loss. I was eating good and exercising over an hour a day and I didn't lose a thing for 5 weeks thats when I realized I was eating too little - I started eating more and started losing Make it the night before, or if you have to take a frozen meal - but you need to eat
Old 01-01-2007, 10:21 PM   #11  
Eating for two!

onxgossamer--I'll echo others: eat some lunch! It really is important that you eat more than just once or twice a day. Sure, you'll lose by eating as little as you have planned, but you'll also kill your metabolism so that your weight loss will eventually get reeeeeally slow (or even stop completely), and then you'll have to keep eating that itty bitty amount for forever in order to maintain.

What I do is make a big batch of something on the weekend to take for lunches during the week. You could do a soup/stew/chowder--those are easy to just scoop into little Gladware containers to take for lunches. Or I even make sandwiches ahead of time--in fact, I'm about to go make about 5 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches right now to have in the fridge for the week. Almost anything you can make for a meal, you can make ahead of time and either freeze or throw in the fridge for the week. I know the feeling of not having time in the morning--I get up by 4:15 in order to get my exercise in, so putting together a lunch is pretty much out of the question. The key is to plan ahead!
Old 01-01-2007, 10:24 PM   #12  

I know I suck.
I need to start keeping a food journal
Old 01-02-2007, 05:18 AM   #13  
Eating for two!

Quote:
I know I suck.
I need to start keeping a food journal
You don't suck We're all just trying to help you out--it's hard to sit back and watch someone do what we know isn't helpful/healthy, especially if we've already suffered the heartache of the reality that it doesn't work...we're all here to save others from that mean slap of reality, too!
Old 01-02-2007, 08:35 AM   #14  
Fat-be-gone

b - cereal, milk

s - lf yogurt

l - probably subway

s - apple

d - chicken breast, homemade mashed potatoes, some type of veggie

e - already did 1/2 hour of cardio at the gym, will try to get in another 1/2 hour of SI6
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:14 AM   #15  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

I'm back too.

Breakfast - steel cut oats, 1/2 banana, handful raisins, 1/4 cup fat free yoghurt

Snack - fat free yoghurt with honey

Lunch - bean and tomato soup, rice cake, small can peach bits

Snack - apple

Dinner - sweet and sour stir fry with tofu, lots of veggies and small can pineapple bits

Water - 3 liters

Exercise - interval training for 30 mins on treadmill
LynneA is offline   Reply With Quote