Old 11-03-2006, 02:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/172/165

Height: 5'9

Default Hi.. Liquid diet anyone.??

I seem to be the only one here on a liquid diet, anyone else out there doing only liquids... And before you panic, I am being supervised by a doctor, it is clinically tested, safe under a doctors care... This plan is working so well for me, I just need extra support for those times when I am not as strong as I should be...
emanthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 02:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Check out the Goal! threads. I'm sure someone started out on a liquid diet, I just can't think who. I'm sure you'll find ther success story very encouraging.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 02:28 PM   #3  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Buckettgirl is on Optifast right now....

I've done liquid diets in the past--lost 70 lbs only to gain 50 back. Honestly, it was too hard for me.

Best of luck to you on itm though!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 12:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

I did Optifast as well - but I wasn't truly ready for it & didn't keep the weight off. good luck!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 12:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 316/234/196

Height: 5' 3"

I did Optifast years ago. Did great on the liquid phase and totally lost it (and regained the weight plus more) when I transitioned back to solids.

Good luck and here's hoping you do better than I did!
kfs151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 06:20 PM   #6  

Yes, I'm on Optifast...
However, I would hardly call it a liquid diet anymore (thank god!!!).
I have protein shakes, protein bars, protein cookies, soups, oatmeal, capucino, and hot coco to choose from.
I have some kind of variety of that everday and total around 500-800 calories per day.
I've been on the fast since June 7th. This past week at my doctor's appointment, I have been advised to try one meal a week with chicken and veggies just to help with the mental stress of "not eating" (not eating normal food).
I'm in my last year of nursing school and going through the hardest semester of my college career thus far - it has been a real mental challenge to keep going on this plan and keep goals in mind.
I have found that having a good routine helps me to stay focused; I also see a counselor (time permitting LOL) to help identify and integrate new coping strategies to replace binge eating.
Feel free to pm me anytime.
buckettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 07:39 PM   #7  

I start on Optifast for breakfast, lunch, and snacks tomorrow. Dinner is regular food. My calorie intake will be more like 1200 though. My doctor also put me on a low dose appetite suppressant. Are you on any medication Amanda?
healthytoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 05:54 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejm View Post
I start on Optifast for breakfast, lunch, and snacks tomorrow. Dinner is regular food. My calorie intake will be more like 1200 though. My doctor also put me on a low dose appetite suppressant. Are you on any medication Amanda?
I don't take any medication. In fact, I would say that you don't need the appetite supressant. This is not a diet where one gets physically hungry, in that respect, ketosis is great!! The first few days are **** with headaches and such - but once you get going, you don't feel physically hungry (I always feel hungry, but it is a matter of mental satisfaction/stress/coping - I have never felt physically hungry).
If I were doing this and including one meal a day, I would be skeptical about paying that much money for this program when I can buy healthy whole foods to cook and keep at 1200 cals a day. But thats just me.... if you just need some structure or a boost - that's great, then you will certainly get that from this program.
I did get your PM, but I don't have much time to make a good reply at the moment - I will send you one on Friday.... I just wanted you to know that I got it and I wasn't ignoring you.
buckettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:34 AM   #9  
Mesa Dweller

S/C/G: 307/259/175

Height: 5'7"

I've done Optifast in the past. Wanted to do it again but couldn't find a practitioner here in town so am using a meal replacement called Health One (under the supervision of my doctor and a lifestyle coach). When I started the program I claimed I'd just make the shakes and slug them down. Well luckily I learned that this product makes great "food items". From the powders I can make all sorts of quickbreads and from the potato soup I can make a chiplike meal.

I eat four meal replacements a day (640 calories) and 3 veggies and 2 fruits for an average of 1000 calories a day. Some locations use only five meal replacements a day (no fruits or veggies) but my doctor and coach will only support the program with the f/v. I know they are very conscious of the time when we'll have full choices of food and want us to practice good choices all along.

I started the program on 9/20 and to date have lost 34 pounds (7 weeks on the program).
RobinAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 02:05 PM   #10  

There is a program called New Directions here and it's through the hospital. It's completely liquid in phase one and then transitions in. I've met some people who have had great success.

It's very dr. supervised and such. Plus with counseling and exercise help too.

I'm dying to try it, but praying my insurance will cover some. So now I'm just waiting to hear if they will.
Illinoishusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 02:57 PM   #11  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

I like food too much!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 04:22 PM   #12  

I love food to much, an obvious addiction. I'm a carbaholic due to PCOS and I just can't beat the addiction. I feel like I need rehab or I need to get off it. You can never turn away from food really.

So I wondered if it would help me break that addiction? sigh, I want to try everything before I consider any kind of surgery.
Illinoishusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 04:36 PM   #13  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I'm sticking to a fairly low carb diet and it has cut down the cravings tremendously. Like I never could have imagined. I too LOVE food, in fact I absolutely LOVE the food I'm eating now. In fact I can't wait for tonight's dinner. But for me it came down to which do I love more - the food or me? And after many, many years of poor food choices, I finally chose me.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:36 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
But for me it came down to which do I love more - the food or me? And after many, many years of poor food choices, I finally chose me.
I did really well when I had that attitude, but I've kind of lost my way a little. I need to get back to that mindset if I ever want to lose more.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:17 AM   #15  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I have PCOS as well and what really helps is cutting out the refined carbs. If you cut down your sugar and processed foods, it will help a lot with the cravings. You may even need a "carb detox" of sorts where for a few weeks cut out most carbs except for small portions of things like brown rice and fruit. Eat mainly low fat proteins and vegetables (although not too many starchy vegetables like potatoes). Then slowly add them back in. I think you amazed as how quickly the cravings will disappear. Of course to keep yourself that way, I'd stick to fiberous, whole food types of carbs and forget the processed stuff and make certain things like sugar a rarity.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote